Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Audi TT ME 7.5 Won't Start/01314 after attempting NLS remap...  (Read 6376 times)
xxbeefydjxx

Hi Folks.

Tail between my legs moment here, I've been tinkering around with a clone MPPS and VagCom now for a few years mainly doing Diesel VAGs, EDC15/16 with absolutely no problems with this clone.

This TT is my first rendition into remapping any petrol ECUs, and since 7.5 has lots of data around for it I figured I'd try to put in NLS + Launch Control from this very forum.

Following the golden rule, I made sure I made 2 reads using said MPPS tool first, both came back successful and checksums passed using both MPPS and the ME7 CHECK/SUM CMD tools as well as the GUI.

I used the CMD version for the NLS/Launch Control remap which I'm sure is a clone of the PHP release, all went well. I put the new file into the Checksum calculator and sure enough it spat out a few errors, corrected them then upon checking again, it passed checksum checks.

Tonight I hopped into the TT and attempted to flash via OBD2 port, thinking nothing about it.
Flash went successful, MPPS told me to do the key dance, and it finished okay.

Went to start the car and noticed no fuel pump priming, car will turn over, no signs of anyone home.
Checked MPPS again, can't connect to the ECU.
Checked VagCom, and cannot connect to the ECU. Checked the clocks, and got 01314 - No Communication to ECU.

I assume I've bricked the ECU and will need to recover it?
I found a few bits here about using the Nefmoto software to boot the ECU and reflash to stock or maybe retry NLS in case my MPPS software took a dump?
Also about the "Memory Layout" files, what would I use for my ECU? 1024kb flash dumps, details below...

I have attached the NLS/LC map below I created and checksumed. Does it seem correct or did MPPS really screw me over here?

Details (Same on modified file and on stock):
Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = 05.12
-> EPK = 40/1/ME7.5/5/4018.10//24b/Dst04o/061000//
-> Contents of ECUID data table:
   - '0261206795'         (SSECUHN)         
   - '1037360313'         (SSECUSN)         
   - '8N0906018H  '       (VAG part number)
   - '0004'               (VAG sw number)   
   - '1.8L R4/5VT     '   (engine id)       
   - 'HW_MAN004'                           

-> No errors found. File is OK.   *********************

Guidance/answers would be hugely appreciated, please forgive me if I sound stupid and missed something major, I'm still learning about ME ECUs...

(Before anyone pipes up, yes, I know and totally swallow the harsh pill that is "using clones is a risk, you're stupid for doing so". I don't have mega bucks to spend on remapping tools, licenses and maps. I do this all myself and only on my own vehicles if I am unsure. Friends have had maps of mine, but only once I am sure it works properly. I've had to fix EDC16 crap maps before, and wouldn't want to contribute to such an act either.)
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 05:36:57 PM »

Bootmode flash. Ive flashed my car over 100 times at this point with v16 , maybe "broke" flash 5 times, recovered fine through bootmode which mpps can also do.

Why would you start with custom code is beyond me though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 05:38:37 PM by Blazius » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 03:21:04 AM »

Good idea, first touch with me7 and let put LC on it

Get Galleto 1260 and recover ECU
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 03:48:19 AM »

Hi Folks.

Tail between my legs moment here, I've been tinkering around with a clone MPPS and VagCom now for a few years mainly doing Diesel VAGs, EDC15/16 with absolutely no problems with this clone.

This TT is my first rendition into remapping any petrol ECUs, and since 7.5 has lots of data around for it I figured I'd try to put in NLS + Launch Control from this very forum.

Following the golden rule, I made sure I made 2 reads using said MPPS tool first, both came back successful and checksums passed using both MPPS and the ME7 CHECK/SUM CMD tools as well as the GUI.

I used the CMD version for the NLS/Launch Control remap which I'm sure is a clone of the PHP release, all went well. I put the new file into the Checksum calculator and sure enough it spat out a few errors, corrected them then upon checking again, it passed checksum checks.

Tonight I hopped into the TT and attempted to flash via OBD2 port, thinking nothing about it.
Flash went successful, MPPS told me to do the key dance, and it finished okay.

Went to start the car and noticed no fuel pump priming, car will turn over, no signs of anyone home.
Checked MPPS again, can't connect to the ECU.
Checked VagCom, and cannot connect to the ECU. Checked the clocks, and got 01314 - No Communication to ECU.

I assume I've bricked the ECU and will need to recover it?
I found a few bits here about using the Nefmoto software to boot the ECU and reflash to stock or maybe retry NLS in case my MPPS software took a dump?
Also about the "Memory Layout" files, what would I use for my ECU? 1024kb flash dumps, details below...

I have attached the NLS/LC map below I created and checksumed. Does it seem correct or did MPPS really screw me over here?

Details (Same on modified file and on stock):
Reading Version Strings...
-> Bootrom Version = 05.12
-> EPK = 40/1/ME7.5/5/4018.10//24b/Dst04o/061000//
   - '0261206795'         (SSECUHN)        
   - '1037360313'         (SSECUSN)        
   - '8N0906018H  '       (VAG part number)
   - '0004'               (VAG sw number)  
   - '1.8L R4/5VT     '   (engine id)      
   - 'HW_MAN004'                           

-> No errors found. File is OK.   *********************

Guidance/answers would be hugely appreciated, please forgive me if I sound stupid and missed something major, I'm still learning about ME ECUs...

(Before anyone pipes up, yes, I know and totally swallow the harsh pill that is "using clones is a risk, you're stupid for doing so". I don't have mega bucks to spend on remapping tools, licenses and maps. I do this all myself and only on my own vehicles if I am unsure. Friends have had maps of mine, but only once I am sure it works properly. I've had to fix EDC16 crap maps before, and wouldn't want to contribute to such an act either.)
Like BlackT wrote … Read write in Bootmode and your car will work again! Never Trust a Clone tool …. (Also Ori tools have some troubles) … Smiley

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
xxbeefydjxx

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 07:55:28 AM »

Bootmode flash. Ive flashed my car over 100 times at this point with v16 , maybe "broke" flash 5 times, recovered fine through bootmode which mpps can also do.

I'll see how I get on then bud, thank you.

It's the features mainly, the car doesn't have anything special minus a backbox delete and cold air intake so it's not really worth trying to chase any power like you normally would. 225 BAM so it's kinda already at it's limits OEM style without tinkering.
BlackT

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 08:41:03 AM »

Yes 225 is end limit for BAM  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  also LC will save engine

Also you dont need boot mode, get one clamp from battery for 10 min
Put  back on and turn ignition on, connect nefmoto and flash ori file
Maybe mpps can do same

Please stay on diesel...
xxbeefydjxx

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 11:58:06 AM »

Yes 225 is end limit for BAM  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  also LC will save engine

Also you dont need boot mode, get one clamp from battery for 10 min
Put  back on and turn ignition on, connect nefmoto and flash ori file
Maybe mpps can do same

Please stay on diesel...

Now now, that's not fair on diesels or me. i'm trying to learn like most of us here. Mistakes happen and I certainly won't be rushing to do that again  Roll Eyes

I managed to get it into boot mode after wrestling with the bloody anti tamper cage for an hour. Reflashed the above bin, it still didn't like it, reflashed BACKUP file I took and it came back to life.
It now registers 1 attempted flash, 1 success. All is well and my TT now starts and runs on it's original OEM file.

Never forget the golden rules, regardless of platform  Tongue

That said, I'm curious to know why the NLS/LC mods didn't work, even after checksum correct.
I read this might be because the places it tried were either incorrect or it overwrote a bunch of data trying to put the code in?

I really would like at least LC, or NLS if it's achievable too. If it's a hornets nest not to be disturbed, I will leave it be.
BlackT

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 12:40:42 PM »

Where did you read 225 is on limit?

And how did you skip 2-3 topic where it say with big red letters don't play with LC/NLS skcript.
Even that you manage to put it and start the car, after 20 min of driving your car will die.

First learn basic tuning, learn how ME7 works. Than after some time get a head little in ASM and make LC
xxbeefydjxx

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 01:49:04 PM »

Where did you read 225 is on limit?

And how did you skip 2-3 topic where it say with big red letters don't play with LC/NLS skcript.
Even that you manage to put it and start the car, after 20 min of driving your car will die.

First learn basic tuning, learn how ME7 works. Than after some time get a head little in ASM and make LC

Quite a few places around the internet... I know it is not a limitation of the BAM engine per-say, more so intake/exhaust etc to get to 240-250?

Anyway, I'd seen good things coming from LC/NLS here and elsewhere online so I figured it wouldn't be that much of a risk. More research required for sure.

I already understand the basic concepts of how ME7 works, it's just figuring things out in ASM. I am a reverse engineer hobbyist so this isn't my first rodeo in ASM, but it is with ECUs so to speak.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 02:03:53 PM »

Quite a few places around the internet... I know it is not a limitation of the BAM engine per-say, more so intake/exhaust etc to get to 240-250?

Anyway, I'd seen good things coming from LC/NLS here and elsewhere online so I figured it wouldn't be that much of a risk. More research required for sure.

I already understand the basic concepts of how ME7 works, it's just figuring things out in ASM. I am a reverse engineer hobbyist so this isn't my first rodeo in ASM, but it is with ECUs so to speak.
Please don't get offended by this, but I honestly suggest first reading up some more on the 1.8T engine and the ME7 platform in general. Also, there comes no good from LC/NLS just blown and or broken stock motors. It's literally useless on stock motors and or turbo's if you intend on using the car for more than a week.

The BAM engine is just the same sh** as all the other 06A engines just overhyped by people who think it's better because obviously it made more power stock. Stock intakes have seen well over 400hp and, well exhaust not so much because who even runs a stock exhaust anyway. A proper K04-023 setup with some minor bolt-ons will probably make around 270hp-280hp without problems.
xxbeefydjxx

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 06:39:18 PM »

Please don't get offended by this, but I honestly suggest first reading up some more on the 1.8T engine and the ME7 platform in general. Also, there comes no good from LC/NLS just blown and or broken stock motors. It's literally useless on stock motors and or turbo's if you intend on using the car for more than a week.

The BAM engine is just the same sh** as all the other 06A engines just overhyped by people who think it's better because obviously it made more power stock. Stock intakes have seen well over 400hp and, well exhaust not so much because who even runs a stock exhaust anyway. A proper K04-023 setup with some minor bolt-ons will probably make around 270hp-280hp without problems.

I'm not at all offended, I appreciate your input. If you have any suggestions on where to go or things to look into, I am all ears. I like looking into the technical side but there's a lot of rubbish to sift through online before you get to the meat of the topics. Too many people looking to make a quick buck or just spouting what "a mate of a mate" said happened lol

I'm curious, I guess Turbo/Valves take a total beating from LC especially hard cut? I know in the diesels it's a one way ticket to blowing up turbos if it's set too aggressively, that and ruining drivetrain (clutch, driveshafts and worst case gearboxes) if LC is constantly used on stock parts, take it it's the same here? Like, a quick blip to show off is fine but extended use will kill everything?

I know already, Petrols are a totally different ballgame when it comes to tuning. My friend is getting this TT soon and would be totally interested in making power, as he'd love to see the TT keep up with my 350z lol (I'm leaving the Z to the professionals, that's my baby even if it does end up running an "easier to use" ECU system from a tuning perspective.)
TeknoFi

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2022, 04:18:03 PM »

Hello all, I have this  same problem and I'm trying to recover with mpps, but it does not work.

I can confirm with ME7EEPROM software that ECU goes to boot mode, that is not problem, as I can read and write eeprom no problem.

But MPPS tries to look for ecu, and does not find it and therefore refuses to read and write anything.

What to do?
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2022, 04:27:52 PM »

Hello all, I have this  same problem and I'm trying to recover with mpps, but it does not work.

I can confirm with ME7EEPROM software that ECU goes to boot mode, that is not problem, as I can read and write eeprom no problem.

But MPPS tries to look for ecu, and does not find it and therefore refuses to read and write anything.

What to do?
Do you got vcds? Or other diagnostic scanner? Can you make a hardware / Software version read of the ecu? I had a same Problem and some other tuner changed the ECU data that shows up on diag request
stuydub

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 10:58:18 PM »

What to do?

Make sure you a using GENERIC option in drop down list not car manufacture
TeknoFi

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2022, 03:30:58 AM »

Make sure you a using GENERIC option in drop down list not car manufacture

Thank you. Now I got it reading, but not writing.

- When I try to put stage1 bin (its checksummed with me7sum after mods) It looks like writing few % then stops and says Block Checksum Error. This is not first time I'm writing, as I only done correction for new injectors in binary. So me7sum works, thats not cause.

- I did read non-working binary out of it, and it did write something like 14% and then said Flash erase error.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: