Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 Touareg TDI Cluster.  (Read 2053 times)
AmIdYfReAk

« on: May 09, 2022, 02:15:38 PM »

Hello All,

My sisters Cluster is failing in her Touareg, Going to pick up a used one to replace it but what software do I need to be able to dump the EEPROM?
I see talk of the 7L Clusters being able to use Vag-commander same as the Mk4 clusters and there is conflicting information is it will work with the 7P Clusters.

Also, Anyone here have a Virgin EEPROM For the Cluster? Smiley

Thanks in advance!
elektronik13

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 01:35:48 PM »

Hello All,

My sisters Cluster is failing in her Touareg, Going to pick up a used one to replace it but what software do I need to be able to dump the EEPROM?
I see talk of the 7L Clusters being able to use Vag-commander same as the Mk4 clusters and there is conflicting information is it will work with the 7P Clusters.

Also, Anyone here have a Virgin EEPROM For the Cluster? Smiley

Thanks in advance!
don't forget to read about component protection in the dash
AmIdYfReAk

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 04:38:27 AM »

Thanks for the reply,

Been doing a bunch more reading, and much like your pointing out that what I've posted above is the wrong way.

Seems the method is to Pull the SKC and roll the mileage back to sub 100 and then it would be possible to pair the cluster to the car and keep both the encryption and the component protection happy.

Now the question if anyone here has the tools to decrypt the EEPROM image and do exactly that.
birchbark506

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 09:30:18 AM »

for vag stuff like this i use vvdi prog and vvdi2.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: