Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reading OEM file questions  (Read 5498 times)
warpedhalo

« on: October 02, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »

Hey guys, I am way new at this... in fact never done it, so I have a few questions. Right now I have yet to even try Tony's software, so many of my questions may answer themselves.

First off, I would like to upload my OEM ecu files to this forum before I modify them, but I have never done it. Is it as simple as plugging in my OBDII (USB to Serial firmware) to the port and hitting "read" and posting the file?

Secondly, my car is torn apart, and has been without the battery in it for about 2 months. Will having the battery out so long change anything? I mean this in reference to the ecu's fiels. As in would it be in some kind of test mode or anything?

Third, I did a big turbo upgrade and had to make my own intake. My new setup is using a MAF housing that is about 15% larger. If I start the car will the ecu adapt immediately? As in if I were to start the car would my OEM tuning be altered to where I wouldn't want to post my files?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:50:05 AM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »

It is as simple as connecting the OBD cable and hitting read.

Having the battery disconnected for a long time will not after the flash memory. It can only be written to during the flash process.

I beleive the ECU will adapt the air flow readings by about 22% before it sets an error code. It may take about 30 minutes of driving to adapt fully. This adaptation occurs in the serial eprom which is separate from the flash memory.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Drehkraft

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »

It is as simple as connecting the OBD cable and hitting read.

Having the battery disconnected for a long time will not after the flash memory. It can only be written to during the flash process.

I beleive the ECU will adapt the air flow readings by about 22% before it sets an error code. It may take about 30 minutes of driving to adapt fully. This adaptation occurs in the serial eprom which is separate from the flash memory.

I believe the ECU sets the fault code at 10% but will adapt to 25%.  At least most of the 1.8T's I played with seemed to act that way.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: