Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Med9.1 Dead?  (Read 2320 times)
K-Performace

« on: July 20, 2022, 01:39:34 AM »

hello guys, i know that this maybe not the nicest first contribution. But in the past I could always turn to this forum and solve my problems just by reading.

Now I have a completely different problem. I was trying to help a friend with his immobilizer. He had given away the old control unit to have it done. there they gave him a usb stick with files but not the broken control unit.

He then procured a replacement control unit and I then wrote the data to the control unit via Ktag. now it's a heap of shit.
He was told that he should simply buy a Med9.1 control unit, you can install it anywhere because the descriptions on the devices mean nothing.

I found a backup that matches the label. but I can't write Ktag anymore. it just breaks off at 9%.
The car wants to start, but the real estate is active. I can't get it turned off.

I see. I can only write the flash file that is now on the control unit. everything else breaks off.
elektronik13

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 12:46:22 PM »

hello guys, i know that this maybe not the nicest first contribution. But in the past I could always turn to this forum and solve my problems just by reading.

Now I have a completely different problem. I was trying to help a friend with his immobilizer. He had given away the old control unit to have it done. there they gave him a usb stick with files but not the broken control unit.

He then procured a replacement control unit and I then wrote the data to the control unit via Ktag. now it's a heap of shit.
He was told that he should simply buy a Med9.1 control unit, you can install it anywhere because the descriptions on the devices mean nothing.

I found a backup that matches the label. but I can't write Ktag anymore. it just breaks off at 9%.
The car wants to start, but the real estate is active. I can't get it turned off.

I see. I can only write the flash file that is now on the control unit. everything else breaks off.
eeprom is a pile of junk
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 12:55:23 PM by elektronik13 » Logged
elektronik13

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 12:57:12 PM »

here you have the set, this is crypto ecu
if ktag does not want to save the eeprom you have to disassemble the ecu and save the eeprom with the programmer
K-Performace

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 04:52:29 PM »

hey, thank you very much. I will try to write. I hope it doesn't go away again. every attempt has failed so far. Unfortunately I don't have the possibility to completely disassemble the ecu to write everything individually.
K-Performace

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 04:54:18 PM »

I also thought that I could simply write any med9 data status I wanted to any med9. and as I said, what I wrote was given by the tuner.
K-Performace

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 05:09:01 PM »

So please don't get me wrong. I ordered a used med9 with a completely different label. if it's there, can I just put your backup there? or do I destroy the ecu again because it doesn't fit? i am new in the field. So far it has always worked with the uploading of other data, but that can only have been luck. I definitely learned to write the flash first and then the eeprom. not that this is also the wrong approach Shocked
K-Performace

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 02:54:46 AM »

Hello, I have to thank you 1000 times. The car starts again after I took out the immo, and after writing the eeprom I was able to write the data status again via obd. thx Smiley Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: