Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Can`t find KRKTE in 551C and 551D  (Read 14041 times)
AndiS4

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23:56 AM »

hmm, Im sure that the m and dbox differ  a lot, also with power output. the m-box s4 should have about 250hp, shouldnt it?
The D-box has 265 hp.

Did you look at the bin?
The point is, that max HP is at about 5800 rpm.
The specified load at this point is at the d-box = 135 and at the m box only 124... If this would be the only difference the theoretically max power of the m box would be about 91,XXX% of tghe mbox at 5800 upm.  (Torque area in lower rpms is 164 (dbox) vs 146,XX(mbox) Thats 88,XX percent of the dbox: Dbox= 400Nm =tq= 295 lb/ft i dont know how much the mbox has. perhaps 275 lb/ft?)
This is theoretically because i did not take the possible differences of Ignition advance and fueling into it.

But this is the point.

Optimal Ignition doesnt differ. The KFZW`s differ for about 0,75 degrees in that rpm area. This may give the m box only 91,XX percent hp of the d-box, which are theoretically good for 242hp to the "should be" 250hp...

There are my 15 HP extra on the D-box.

All this is within thinking about the fueling should be similar, because too also aim to Lambda 1.0. Except BTS Or knockrecognition.

This works in Europe, because the mapping is made for 98 ROZ (research octan) which is  93 AON in the US. With less Octan the knocking recognition will pull timing back = less power... Maybe then the d-box will perform with 91 aoz like the m-box...

But yes, youre right there are no logs in from me now, but this is the theory. And what in abstrackt was written down by Audi Cheesy.

If i am wrong somewhere please tell me.

Regards

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:46:28 AM by AndiS4 » Logged
AndiS4

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 02:34:16 AM »

Just making power is well understood. Figuring out WHAT is making more power isn't really that relevant. Boost. Fuel. Timing. That is all there is.

What is making power has not been a question to me. But I want to learn about the other general conditions.

Its a good point to know the differences between two boxes and the log them... Thats the same way we all are doing or will be doing it with stock and tuned boxes...

From these different logs we are learning.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »

The specified load at this point is at the d-box = 135 and at the m box only 124... If this would be the only difference the theoretically max power of the m box would be about 91,XXX% of tghe mbox at 5800 upm

This accounts for the vast majority of the difference

Optimal Ignition doesnt differ. The KFZW`s differ for about 0,75 degrees in that rpm area. This may give the m box only 91,XX percent hp of the d-box, which are theoretically good for 242hp to the "should be" 250hp...

Optimal ignition map doesn't do what you think it does. It CERTAINLY won't change timing request in the way you think it will, since ME7 is knock regulated.

This works in Europe, because the mapping is made for 98 ROZ (research octan) which is  93 AON in the US.

This accounts for the rest of the HP/TQ difference.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AndiS4

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »

sounds if my thoughts were right so far?!

and with kfzwop, i thought that it would be as you said. I think they are only some kind of target... 

How does the knocking timing retard work?
degree per degree? until it reaches latest possible ignition angle map?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:34:17 PM by AndiS4 » Logged
prj

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 01:27:16 AM »

sounds if my thoughts were right so far?!

and with kfzwop, i thought that it would be as you said. I think they are only some kind of target... 

How does the knocking timing retard work?
degree per degree? until it reaches latest possible ignition angle map?

KFZWOP is not a target. It is only a map for torque calculations.
Timing is retarded until there is no more knock in the cylinder, then phased back until knock is heard again. This way the engine is kept on the knock limit.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
AndiS4

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 02:09:08 AM »

Ah, great.

Now i understand kfzwop. Didnt think of them only to be values for inner calculation, but clearly there had to be for a load based ecu work..
Thought ignition would be advanced to this area, if no knock has been recognized, before.

Now it makes sence

I like this forum Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: