Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: KFNWSE..Cam change over map  (Read 55229 times)
littco

« on: June 12, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »

I had a play earlier today with the about map, as can bee seen in the 1st picture its values are either -4  or 18 and on the 2nd graph you can see that the switch happens at 4750rpm where the cam switches from 22 to around 1.

Then I tried setting the whole table to 18 so to give what I thought would be no advance but again at about 4500-4750 there is a switch occuring and although its not much there is stilll a few degrees advance, I'm going to see if any happens by setting the table to all -4 but I can only assume that the timing maps, ( I know they are not related ) which from kfzw to kfzw2 at this point also and if i was to make the map more progressive ie rather than -4 to 18 would this smooth out the jump you get in Maf reading at the same point.

I know also the VVT is either one or the other IE on/off, but has anyone test putting say 10 in the map and if this would give you say 10 degrees of advance and is the VVT capable of this?

if im wasting my time please someone tell me......

littco

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »

I think i may have found the answer on another post... Grin

I forgot to mention I was looking into this with regards increased back pressures with a larger turbo.
ibizacupra

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:23:26 AM »

I think i may have found the answer on another post... Grin

I forgot to mention I was looking into this with regards increased back pressures with a larger turbo.

did you see the cam phase change when you changed the 18,-4?
there are several maps which have these in.. when I was looking about the other day

littco

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:23 AM »

Hi

There where 5 other maps with KFN and with 18 or -4 in them, they where KFNWKHLLE which was for the CAT heat up, KFNWKKE which was the same but was a 2

Then KFNWLLE for overlap at idle
and KFNWWLE and KFNWWLLE which where warm up idle overlap.

I've only tried KFNWSE as it looked and translated as the only map to change the cam whilst driving rather than a warm up "assisting map"

So in answer to your question yes I did see a cam phase change If you look at the 1st graph i posted you can see the cam switch from around 22 to 1 I'm also going to change the map tonight so it changes over earlier Ie 3000rpm just to confirm that this map controls the intake, but from having tried 18 in all the fields and then -4 and getting solid cam angles I am pretty confident it controls the angle of the cam.
ibizacupra

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »

Hi

There where 5 other maps with KFN and with 18 or -4 in them, they where KFNWKHLLE which was for the CAT heat up, KFNWKKE which was the same but was a 2

Then KFNWLLE for overlap at idle
and KFNWWLE and KFNWWLLE which where warm up idle overlap.

I've only tried KFNWSE as it looked and translated as the only map to change the cam whilst driving rather than a warm up "assisting map"

So in answer to your question yes I did see a cam phase change If you look at the 1st graph i posted you can see the cam switch from around 22 to 1 I'm also going to change the map tonight so it changes over earlier Ie 3000rpm just to confirm that this map controls the intake, but from having tried 18 in all the fields and then -4 and getting solid cam angles I am pretty confident it controls the angle of the cam.

found these also.. whether relevant or not, not had time to play
littco

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »

Interesting, seems a lot more than I had seen.

I am soley going on the fact that I am logging WNWI_W which is the camshaft angle. When I logged this with the table at 18 i got the first graph and it shows on the axis that degreesKW are around 1, when I then logged it with the table at -4 i got the 2nd graph which shows the degreesKW at around 22.

Now where -4 and 18 come from I'm not sure I guess it was the optimal the VAG decided but it shows that by changing these values you can change the cam angle and also the point at which it switches.

I plan on running a table at 11 tonight to see if i can get a camangle in the middle. But I was always under the impression the VVT was an on/off thing and could not be controlled in between?
ibizacupra

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:11:01 AM »

Interesting, seems a lot more than I had seen.

I am soley going on the fact that I am logging WNWI_W which is the camshaft angle. When I logged this with the table at 18 i got the first graph and it shows on the axis that degreesKW are around 1, when I then logged it with the table at -4 i got the 2nd graph which shows the degreesKW at around 22.

Now where -4 and 18 come from I'm not sure I guess it was the optimal the VAG decided but it shows that by changing these values you can change the cam angle and also the point at which it switches.

I plan on running a table at 11 tonight to see if i can get a camangle in the middle. But I was always under the impression the VVT was an on/off thing and could not be controlled in between?

If I can find the map for the lupo I'll have a play... Its not leaping out at me tho whilst trying to find it tho Sad ( 032HJ ecu)... looking for it on a polo 032TL also... as its here and got an IHI hybrid on it)
@lq!

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »

is this map same as with KFTLWS.1-Kennfeld für tL - Berechnung aus Drosselklappenwinkel, Nockenwelle spät from motronic 3x ?
littco

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »

If I can find the map for the lupo I'll have a play... Its not leaping out at me tho whilst trying to find it tho Sad ( 032HJ ecu)... looking for it on a polo 032TL also... as its here and got an IHI hybrid on it)

032hj it should be at 0x01767e
Axis 0x01310a & 0x013086

I don't have a TL bin to find it, sorry
littco

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:28:21 AM »

So I did a run last night, open road, with the table set at 11 (18 + -4 / 2) soo the average and the cam angle was still around 1 when logged but the car was very noticeably bogged down at low RPM . Cam angle being what it would be at high rpm, I then put the table to -10 as a test and got 23 cam angle through out but what a difference when driving! The car was just do much more lively . I got a peak maf reading of about 10grams less with this compared with when it's at 18( stock) so it Definately makes a difference with the cam switch. I still haven't found out where the -4 and 18 come from as it seems just on off and nothing inbetween. I guess the benefit would be to have the can switch earlier or later especially for large turbos that spool later compared to stock turbo.

ibizacupra

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 02:18:01 AM »

032hj it should be at 0x01767e
Axis 0x01310a & 0x013086

I don't have a TL bin to find it, sorry

cool.. excellent. found it and added it now.
TL bin here> in case you have spare time to find it there too.. Smiley
http://badger-5.com/bin/logs/06A906032TL.zip
littco

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 02:40:17 AM »

I'll do it this afternoon for you Bill.
ibizacupra

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 04:43:58 AM »

I'll do it this afternoon for you Bill.
awesome,, cheers dan   Grin
littco

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 06:12:36 AM »

0x0177CE
axis 0x01311a and 0x013096

SVSPORT

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 06:20:33 AM »

cool.. excellent. found it and added it now.
TL bin here> in case you have spare time to find it there too.. Smiley
http://badger-5.com/bin/logs/06A906032TL.zip
If you need maps for 032TL, i can help you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: