Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248341 times)
marcellus

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »

Add?  I just made a map where I pulled from kfkhfm.  I thought I was reading rich, and by pulling I was making it lean out the major dips.  I was trying to focus on the what I thought was overly rich areas, making the line smoother.  I left the higher rpm area alone since it was already starting to head towards desired AFR.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:18:08 PM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:20 AM »

Ideally, you want actual to match requested...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »

I must not be reading the chart right.  The blue line is actual and red line is the requested.  From what I saw on the chart the actual was quite a bit richer in  most areas.  Am I reading it wrong?
marcellus

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2012, 09:03:26 PM »

I little tweaking of the KFKHFM.  Still more to come.
marcellus

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »

No matter what I do, I can't get the car to stop leaning out at the top end.   Huh Last ditch effort is to finally add in the fuel pump setup I made.  I really thought the fuel injector duty cycle would show signs of me reaching the limits of the current pump.  For now I will turn the boost way down and run safe.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »

I don't get it either. It looks like you are running richer than requested.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »

Oh, sorry I didnt upload the latest logs.  All the previous logs were in 2nd gear to keep boost, load, speed modest with the VGT openned up.  I did a couple of pulls in third gear over the weekend, and it was pretty bad.  Around 5k the trims would just lean out really bad in third gear with the turbo at a 1.85-ish AR on the hotside and probably geting close to 23psi about 210 in load at end of run.  IIRC all the previous logs since only got up to 160-170 in load. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:29:28 AM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »

Wow. You're right. There is something VERY wrong with your hardware.

You sure you aren't sucking in unmetered air?

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »

I pressure tested it over and over again before I left for the weekend and it was sealed up tight.  I will test it again after work today just to be 100+% sure.  

The only other thing I could think of is the fuel pump.  I always watch the injector duty cycle to see when it would be time to add in the new pump since I am not looking forward to adding it in just yet.    

Under boost, if there was a leak wouldnt I go rich?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:41:26 AM by marcellus » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »

IDC will not give you any insight on your pumps performance. It is only percentage of injector on time during combustion cycle.
marcellus

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 11:12:57 AM »

Damn.  I dunno why I thought the duty cycle will skyrocket indicating its time to swap out the pump.  Its looking like along with putting in the new pump, I should get a boost and fuel pressure sensor to go along with my Zeitronix setup.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »

IDC will not give you any insight on your pumps performance. It is only percentage of injector on time during combustion cycle.

True, but I've seen strange ME7 side effects where if you are near the limit of load, even if your MAF *AND* req AFR are good, the ECU inexplicably *still* pulls IDC. I have yet to track down the source.

I doubt this is happening here, but keeping an eye on IDC is always a good sanity check nevertheless

ECUx Plot

phila_dot

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2012, 12:25:45 PM »

True, but I've seen strange ME7 side effects where if you are near the limit of load, even if your MAF *AND* req AFR are good, the ECU inexplicably *still* pulls IDC. I have yet to track down the source.

I doubt this is happening here, but keeping an eye on IDC is always a good sanity check nevertheless

Huh?

IDC is calculated from the calculated required injector on time. This will only show you if your injectors will be able to deliver the required fuel mass in the amount of time available.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »

Agreed. On time/IDC aren't distinct.

If you like replace all instances of IDC with on time (given that you know you are below 100%) in my post.

I'll dig around my logs if you like. Maybe you can tell my why i get a droop in IDC/on-time even though req AFR is flat, and MAF looks fine Smiley

ECUx Plot

phila_dot

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »

Agreed. On time/IDC aren't distinct.

If you like replace all instances of IDC with on time (given that you know you are below 100%) in my post.

I'll dig around my logs if you like. Maybe you can tell my why i get a droop in IDC/on-time even though req AFR is flat, and MAF looks fine Smiley

By droop you mean shorter on time?

If so, shorter on time while target AFR remains consistent or even enrichens?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: