Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248391 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »

yup.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2012, 06:47:15 PM »

yup.

I would assume that it would have to be somewhere in the injector calibration or possibly LTFT.

Start a thread with some logs. We'll figure it out.
marcellus

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »

Is there something in the file that will make the ecm read only from one primary o2 and trim both banks?  I still cant seem to get the STFT dialed in just right.

From my logs, I think I see the banks compensating for each other.  One bank will read -13% the other will go +17% flip flop one adding and the other pulling fueling on part and cruise.  I am assuming it is becasue the reading is coming from one sensor in the one downpipe.  There isnt a real left bank - right bank reading anymore.  I dont really know how to explain it, but I think the ecu needs to know there is only one sensor in one central location and to trim both banks similarly to achieve its target AFR.
marcellus

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »

Timing:  This is another one of my areas where I feel I am not informed enough to make a good map(s).  I have played with the two maps and have had "good" results.  I managed to get the cf's as low as -3, but in the high load high rpm are somehow I would always get a major amount (-8 cf) of timing pull.  Maybe it was from my previous lean condition, I dont know.  I reverted to a totally safe map, and kept digging around for info on how to handle the timing.  I dont really like guessing and dont think I was headed the right way.  

I "know" the timing maps are fro the different cam states, but from the tunes I have seen most of the tweaks are dont on the KFZW map, with a few on the bottom right hand corner of the /2 map.  I cant seem to really follow which map gets tweaked when.  I have absolutely no timing pull whatsoever since I am running such low timing right now.

Slightly modded stock mbox timing right as of right now: 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:57:53 AM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »

Timing will always be a trial and error thing:

Add timing till the dyno says you're not gaining any more power, or your CFs get too high Smiley

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

Its trial and error as to which map gets edited?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »

Sure. Or disassemble to find out which is used under what conditions.

Typically, the areas you will be modifying (wot) will only EVER see one cam state (at least this is true for 2.7ts), so it is even safe to have both maps match where you are modifying them.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:10:05 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2012, 03:58:57 PM »

Cool!  So, I can make all the changes in KFZW and copy them in KFZW2?  Do you do any changes to the optimal timing maps?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »

Only if i'm doing axis changes.

ECUx Plot

phila_dot

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »

Cool!  So, I can make all the changes in KFZW and copy them in KFZW2? 
This is not optimal. Cam state does change during WOT and ignition angles can be safely advanced further in KFZW2.

Log fnwue.
marcellus

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »

When you scale the timing load axis, that axis is used in KFZW 1/2, KFZWOP 1/2, KFMIOP?  It looks like the max value is also used in the KFMIRL map.  Does the LDRXN map need to have the highest load refelective of the timing load axis too?  

I plugged Berttos stg 3 IOP and IRL and load axis info into my map and it made a really difference as far as driveability was concerned.  I changed the timing load axis to match, IOP, IRL to match his file. It actually felt like a higher powered car should. The flipside was I didnt really understand what the changes he did were for, and wasnt really comfortable using the maps not knowing if I needed to change anything else so I reverted back to "safe" again.

I dont understand why there is such a large descrepency in the highest load values between all the files I look at.  I have files that range from 219 load to 248 load.  
marcellus

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »

This is not optimal. Cam state does change during WOT and ignition angles can be safely advanced further in KFZW2.

Log fnwue.

Guess that means I need to get on board with that other logger and quit ECUx....
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »

Log fnwue.

but at a given load/rpm pair during WOT, is it possible to see both cam states under different conditions?

ECUx Plot

s5fourdoor

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »

marcellus - have you moved to the k-box or considered it?  i'm convinced the RS4 timing values and change-over would work perfectly for your setup.  this would eliminate so much variability in your tuning process.  audi knew what they were doing for sure... i've spent so much time look at the s4 versus rs4 timing, and i'm convinced rs4 is the way to start.
marcellus

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »

I have considered it, but I am waiting until you guys do a little bit more ground work.  I am having a hard enough time dealing with this setup as it is, and don't wanna introduce a bunch of extra variables that I can't get at least a pointer as to which direction I should go to fix it.

I do like what u have read about the timing and fueling maps.  The larger maps, for lack of a better word, will surely help me fine tune this thing past where the m box tables end.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: