Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 248378 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:35 AM »

OH, the whp/wtq calculator needs to be done in third gear and the rpm per mph needs to be set up properly for my third gear?

Yep. ECUxPlot has no real way of knowing your gear ratio, and it can't assume the MPH reading is right because 99% of the time people aren't running stock tire sizes etc.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »

I "scaled" MLHFM a tiny bit.  I think the results are pretty good.  I didnt really know what to do so I took around .5%.  TunerPro was being a biatch so I couldnt get it exact, but relatively close.  I didnt scale the whole map just from the .3027 area, where I thought it was past idle readings. 

It was all just a really big guess, I have never rescaled a MAF before. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »

Is load still maxed?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »

sorry, didnt post that one.  I am going over teh scaling one more time and I think I should have just multiplied the damn thing by the percentage of the value I wanted to run.  I actually confused the piss outta myself trying to get decent numbers.  I should scale the MAF back until I am about where in the Load?

I am thinking I should recenter my KFKHFM, and dial the mlhfm until I get close to the WOT AFR. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »

I should scale the MAF back until I am about where in the Load?

Naw. I dont think that is a problem (from looking at your last log)

I am thinking I should recenter my KFKHFM, and dial the mlhfm until I get close to the WOT AFR. 

Definitely a good idea.

I'm wondering if your MLHFM is screwed up somehow. Can you go back to stock and then make sure you scale the whole thing by the same percentage?

The only remaining possibility is that your fuel hardware is messed up.

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »

Naw. I dont think that is a problem (from looking at your last log)

Definitely a good idea.

I'm wondering if your MLHFM is screwed up somehow. Can you go back to stock and then make sure you scale the whole thing by the same percentage?

The only remaining possibility is that your fuel hardware is messed up.

I started off with Tony's scaling.  Its probalby wrong for my setup since in his tune since I think he said it was for a stock airbox.

I still need to double check my fueling, but the small scaling I did to the maf last night does look promising.
marcellus

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »

My borrowed IRL and IOP maps have load values past 248.  Is that an issue? 

Also, I am running quite a bit less boost than I plan to.  Isnt my load going to go higher once boost starts getting added in?  I am asking becasue you said looking at the last chart load was fine. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »

I am asking becasue you said looking at the last chart load was fine. 

No, actually, what I was looking for was if keeping the load low would get rid of the AFR problems. It did not, which leads me to believe it is hardware related.

ECUx Plot

marcellus

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

You dont think the scaling helped?

NVM...I will get the gage hooked up.
prj

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2012, 03:58:51 AM »

No, actually, what I was looking for was if keeping the load low would get rid of the AFR problems. It did not, which leads me to believe it is hardware related.

I have requested 280 load without issues. There is not much reason to underscale load apart from the ECU's, which do not have the timing axes to accommodate it, as you are running the last 1 bar of boost off of the last timing map cell.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2012, 09:32:14 AM »

I rescaled the Maf from a bit from where Tony's file was set and it helped alot in drivability.  The car doesnt stall AS MUCH when rpms drop fast.  I still have yet to figure that out.  I blame the LWFW.  The trims are are a lot more stable. Idle settles nicely with a bit of misfiring after a while of running from the fuel trims fighting each other.

ADD:  second gear
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:47:47 AM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »

That fueling curve is drastically different. Was your original MAF curve plain wrong?

ECUx Plot

prj

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »

Car stalling when RPM's drop is in 99% cases wrong TVUB.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
marcellus

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »

I really dont know.  I am finding out stuff as I go along.  I do know my MAF setup is quite a bit differnt than a stock airbox and 85mm housing.  I am still learning right now, so I try and be very cautious as to what changes I make to a base fiel, and log what the change does for a long period of time.  So far the MAF scaling was by far one of the best changes (asides from the being able to log actual AFR).

OH, I made two changes to the tune to get the above logs.  I lowered the KRKTE some to match the mid rpm fueling up better also.  
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:49:13 AM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »

Car stalling when RPM's drop is in 99% cases wrong TVUB.

I tried messing with the TVUB before using the calculator, but I think I was trying to do too many things at once and was chasing my tail.  I dont use LTFT anymore so from all I have seen, I dont know how to get a good TVUB.  I mean, all the calculations I have read about are based off of the LTFT.  If I start to use LTFT again, what I see happening on the STFT gets amplified so bad, that by the end of a trip the car wil barely idle because of the -25% one bank and +25% on the other. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: