Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]
Author Topic: Dialing in the single  (Read 244489 times)
marcellus

« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »

With the richer KRL I got this:
marcellus

« Reply #466 on: February 21, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »

Reviewing my logs, I am still in the 12's for AFR when I am near full boost.  Is that something that should raise a big ole red flag?

ADD:

I just added some fueling via LAMFA.  I don't know How much this will help, but I will log it and see.  I have had to slow down the spool since if I let the thing spool too fast, the ecu pulls all timing out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:34:07 PM by marcellus » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2013, 02:35:47 PM »

Reviewing my logs, I am still in the 12's for AFR when I am near full boost.  Is that something that should raise a big ole red flag?

Yea. Are you out of IDC? Maxing ps_w? Post MAF intake leak? Pump on the edge?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
marcellus

« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »

No, its following requested.  I should have been more specific, I meant during ramp up/spool.
marcellus

« Reply #469 on: February 25, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »

And the log that blew the motor:

It wasn't the run that killed it.  The car pulled just fine, it was when I let off.  There was a massive backfire, and a large hole in the oil pan. 

Fueling was the best I ever had it.  I was trying to get the load areas dialed in.
ddillenger

« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »

Sorry to hear it! First BT, now you. You STK guys are dropping like flys.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #471 on: February 25, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »

I can't figure why your motor would have given out.

Can you tell what failed?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jibberjive

« Reply #472 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:53 AM »

Wow, sucks to hear.  At least it gives you an excuse to come back bigger and stronger (trying to look at silver linings)Smiley

With all of these blown motors lately, we may have a statistically significant number to try to draw some conclusions from (except for the fact that the majority of them were on non-ironed-out setups and questionable failure causes).
marcellus

« Reply #473 on: February 26, 2013, 08:30:56 AM »

I am really tired of this car, but I am too far in to stop now. 

I will be doing a very small build on my spare motor, rods and a refresh.  I dont plan on breaking records, I just want the motor nice and tight and able to handle a few of my tuning mishaps better.  If anyone knows of some rods for cheap readily avail....LMK.  I am trying to not let this thing drag out.  If the car sits for too long, I will probably loose interest.  My first instinct was to ditch the project and part it out, almost as soon as I saw the oil spraying from the bottom of the motor.

I know it was a tuning error that caused the failure, I just dont know what I did so I can fix it.
marcellus

« Reply #474 on: February 26, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »

I think there is something wrong with my datalogging.  I have been getting very inconsistent runs FATS/AFR/Timing wise on the smae stretch of road.  I can do back to back pulls with some time in between to review logs on the same strtech of road, going the same direction and I can log FATS times of 5.xx to my major WTF pull of 2.44.  I know I wont really be apples to apples with the s4 guys since my gearing is different, so I really use the numbers as overall look of how the car is performing from revision to revision.  
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:47:27 AM by marcellus » Logged
marcellus

« Reply #475 on: September 21, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »

I don't even know where I left off.  I have been trying to keep current while building the new motor.

Been logging for a few days ironing out some things.  Something feels strange.  It will build about 10-12 psi slowly, and then just ramp to whatever max boost is all of a sudden.  I have noticed the fueling is crap all over again, so I will deal with that while I have the low timing map in.  Maybe that is what's causing the bogs down low.  I totally forgot what I was working on with the high bar mapping.

The new setup has rods and 2.8 heads, a bit looser on the ring gaps.
marcellus

« Reply #476 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »

I cant figure out why Spec load never goes beyond 280%.  Any pointers?
ddillenger

« Reply #477 on: September 23, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »

DHBN

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
marcellus

« Reply #478 on: September 25, 2013, 08:01:50 PM »

I have been messing around with the DHBN map and still everything caps at ~280.  I have the map set to 4 in some areas and no change.  Irl and IOP are over 300 where I want it to be. 

marcellus

« Reply #479 on: September 25, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »

I don't know if this means much but I accomplished last motors goal today!  

My first 500 + awhp log.....LOL

I used all the same constants I always have, so it's only relative to me.....shows improvement.  

Bad news is my 630cc injectors are @ 95% duty cycle.....time to upgrade
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:08:17 PM by marcellus » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]
  Print  

Jump to: