Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Volvo ME7 open source flash / read / logging tool  (Read 6373 times)
s60rawr

« on: November 09, 2022, 04:35:07 PM »

edit.

A tool from scratch is in the works, but will take a long time.
was hoping the "tool" that was being shared behind closed doors be brought to life in the interim.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:39:56 PM by s60rawr » Logged

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 05:14:36 PM »

Is there any chance ME7 volvo support can be added to the Nef flasher?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
d3irb

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 05:49:52 PM »

I don't mean to be overly offensive as more source available is usually better, but what on Earth is going on here?

This is just a poorly decompiled and recompiled copy of Dream3r (right? I don't know the Volvo lore) ECM-TECH Suite, with the licensing and encryption bits removed and GPL applied to it? Did you get permission to GPL this?

The GitHub is missing a lot of the source files, like where is the ECUProgrammer class?

I think it would be a bit rough to add to the Nef flasher as it looks like it uses CAN over J2534 instead of serial, so a large swath would need to be added to the Nef codebase.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 05:56:50 PM by d3irb » Logged
s60rawr

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 06:59:03 PM »

I don't mean to be overly offensive as more source available is usually better, but what on Earth is going on here?

This is just a poorly decompiled and recompiled copy of Dream3r (right? I don't know the Volvo lore) ECM-TECH Suite, with the licensing and encryption bits removed and GPL applied to it? Did you get permission to GPL this?

The GitHub is missing a lot of the source files, like where is the ECUProgrammer class?

I think it would be a bit rough to add to the Nef flasher as it looks like it uses CAN over J2534 instead of serial, so a large swath would need to be added to the Nef codebase.

i was waiting for a question like this...and truth be idk how to answer this.
it is old source of from dream3r's project yes...
the source of this came from someone really close to him with legality and all. not gonna put personal info out there.
i was told by the source to put it out there, open the scene

the license to my understanding is there to prevent anyone from selling it for profit etc....

i understand the borderline legality here...

listen... these cars that we're tuning with this are... 10..15+ years old now and all we have are scam artist tuners or overpriced box tunes.
its about time the scene allows more people in that weren't in the "know" 6+ years ago to join in now.

i've read this volvo forum from page 1 .. reading his old posts... he was definitely more open to sharing his tools like this then his "business" partner that took it over.
in the end... its a tool that works. if i did that license thing wrong.... lmk ill correct..

as far as the programming... idk. i have not a clue, i just obtained the source code and a good friend put it together and removed all the broken commands etc...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 07:14:12 PM by s60rawr » Logged

OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
s60rawr

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »

Is there any chance ME7 volvo support can be added to the Nef flasher?

i'd love that.

what do you need?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 07:02:18 PM »

it is old source of from dream3r's project

I fucking DETEST proprietary abandonware.

This is exactly why; you *still* have the problem of freeloaders. You just now make it impossible for non-freeloaders to do anything of use.

Pure fucking garbage.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 07:04:08 PM »

Ya just at first glance this is definitely not going to integrate at all with the nef flasher.

ECUx Plot

s60rawr

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 07:10:57 PM »

lets just keep to the tuning talk
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 12:37:16 PM by s60rawr » Logged

prj

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 02:52:38 AM »

The whole thing is a clusterfuck, there's binary files, pdb's etc committed to the github.
And also as this is, I am pretty sure it can be DMCA'd and you won't have a leg to stand on.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
s60rawr

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2022, 03:34:40 AM »

The whole thing is a clusterfuck, there's binary files, pdb's etc committed to the github.
And also as this is, I am pretty sure it can be DMCA'd and you won't have a leg to stand on.

i'm pretty sure selling emission defeating / altering tunes is not something the EPA is favorable of atm either.

but i digress.

i am not a lawyer

not here to attack anyone anymore.

just wanna get more self tuners out there on these 15+ year old cars.

prj

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2022, 05:31:50 AM »

i'm pretty sure selling emission defeating / altering tunes is not something the EPA is favorable of atm either.
Every time it's pointed out to you, that what you are doing is against copyright law, you never challenge this, but instead redirect it somewhere else.
I'm gonna say it again, it takes 1 e-mail from anyone involved with that source and it will be taken down.
Don't dodge the fact.
Until it's that way, there's zero point to do anything with this heap of junk.

Many of you new Volvo guys on here seem to have a really big mouth, but this big mouth comes with zero ability or logical thinking behind it.
Eat some humble pie ffs.

If someone else writes software and you distribute it without the explicit permission of each person who contributed to it, you can be sued.
It is completely irrelevant to the matter what this software does or that it can be used for legal or illegal purposes.
It's basic copyright. So be really careful fucking with people, and be even more careful if those people have more money than you, because the end result is often that those with more money will have even more, and you will end up with nothing.

I have zero interest in this shit, I don't do anything Volvo related.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 05:38:28 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 05:58:42 AM »

In this specific case, it's not like Dream3r is still around to sue anyone, poor sod killed himself while logging his B8 S4 a few years ago already. and I never got any work out of him for the IDAPro license I purchased for him LOL

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
prj

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 06:15:55 AM »

As I understand it's not just his code in there.
Hence me saying "permission from each person that contributed".

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2022, 09:50:48 AM »

Open source tools are cool.. but yeah taking a software and removing licensing from it does not make it open source. Grey zone stuff.

However.

I dont know volvos but am I missing something obvious here but doesn't MPPS have volvo me7 support for one ? In 'certain' places it costs a fraction of a DICE cable or even a plain old cable that works with this costs around the same , sooo like what exactly is the issue with the Volvo platform or worst case scenario bdm.

But yes if it can do OBD read cool but yah.
SparkyR

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2022, 10:15:40 AM »

This project has been ripped off from Robert Hilton not Dream3r. The author has been very clear about his intentions in the Volvo me7 forum.

A lawyer is already in the process of writing a case against all involved.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:18:29 AM by SparkyR » Logged

2005 S60R m66, Xona Rotor 7864, turbosmart 45mm wastegate, id1700cc injectors
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: