Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scaling around physical address limitations  (Read 1247 times)
mtb703

« on: November 17, 2022, 02:42:00 PM »

Never done this before, will be attempting this over winter.

So rail pressure maxes out at 174bar, pump is capable of 250 bar.  

My plan was to factor the rail's pressure sensors voltage characterization, say divide by two giving me twice the potential pressure while doubling the real resolution.

Then just scaling all fuel rail pressure X and Y axis the same amount, and then doubling all (Z?) fuel rail calibration data.

Factoring by two is more than I need, but keeps it simple.

It seems rather straightforward, am I missing anything?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 04:41:06 PM »

this is identical to the 5120 hack. You neglected to mention which ECU.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mtb703

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 04:59:54 PM »

Simos 8.4/5

I'll read up on the one you mention.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

mtb703

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 05:44:28 PM »

Alright, so it does look like the same general methodology.  But those changes aren't limited to just the calibration data?  I'm definitely not capable of modifying ASY.

And this is only one of two scalings that I need to do.  Cylinder air charge also has a limit.  So I think I'd need to scale the MAP sensors as well, even though they are currently good for 5+ bar.

Blazius

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 07:10:55 PM »

Why do you need to do these things?

Dont you max out the SC (and sc hardware) before hitting any of these limits even cylinder air charge one?
If there are hard caps and conversions then it will require disassembly to find them properly I'd guess, and I have not seen a single Simos 8 idb so Smiley

Funny thing is that you already made a thread about this a year ago with basically answers given for that part.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=19196.0title=
mtb703

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 07:19:09 PM »

Why do you need to do these things?

Dont you max out the SC (and sc hardware) before hitting any of these limits even cylinder air charge one?
If there are hard caps and conversions then it will require disassembly to find them properly I'd guess, and I have not seen a single Simos 8 idb so Smiley

Funny thing is that you already made a thread about this a year ago with basically answers given for that part.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=19196.0title=
Need to get this sorted before a bigger power adder.  The tvs1740 logs I've seen pegs the 1389 limit already.

Yeah, I made the thread a year ago to validate it's an issue.  Now it's time to overcome it!  I'm on pace for a 2030 release.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: