Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WOT afr leaner than req  (Read 1386 times)
K92

« on: December 22, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »

I guess this guestion for veterans seems stupid and should be in noob questions but i will still ask.

Car: 1.8t ME7.5
Open air intake
TT Bam injectors ( TVUB, TEMIN, TEMINVA, KRKTE, FKKVS ) copied from BAM.
The problem : When i request lambda 0.85, there is no problem, my WOT afr and req match, but when i req for exmaple 0.80 actual afr is leaner then my req.
I tried to add fuel trough KFKHFM and it worked, but load was off. When i set all 1 for KFKHFM, the wot AFR is perfect, but load is kinda off.
My first tought was that i need to tweak my tvub and krkte and I set FKKVS to 1 and started logging FT, but they are within 2-4% .
I think there is no hardware problem because when i logged with BTS lambda went to 0.71.
I will add logs tomorrow. Any suggestions ?
My Audi 2860rs i tuned by setting KFKHFM to 1 and fine tuning FKKVS, but load was off. This time I would like to try different approach.
I found great guide from prj how to tweak fueling with new injectors, but before i waste loads of time, i would like to hear your opinions.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 01:39:01 PM by K92 » Logged
K92

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 12:39:30 PM »

I guess this guestion for veterans seems stupid and should be in noob questions but i will still ask.

Car: 1.8t ME7.5
Open air intake
TT Bam injectors ( TVUB, TEMIN, TEMINVA, KRKTE, FKKVS ) copied from BAM.
The problem : When i request lambda 0.85, there is no problem, my WOT afr and req match, but when i req for exmaple 0.80 actual afr is leaner then my req.
I tried to add fuel trough KFKHFM and it worked, but load was off. When i set all 1 for KFKHFM, the wot AFR is perfect, but load is kinda off.
My first tought was that i need to tweak my tvub and krkte and I set FKKVS to 1 and started logging FT, but they are within 2-4% .
I think there is no hardware problem because when i logged with BTS lambda went to 0.71.
I will add loggs tomorrow. Any suggestions ?
My Audi 2860rs i tuned by setting KFKHFM to 1 and fine tuning FKKVS, but load was off. This time I would like to try different approach.
I found great guide from prj how to tweak fueling with new injectors, but before i waste loads of time, i would like to hear your opinions.
Edit: Req boost and acutal boost also match

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 02:01:48 PM »

1st of all you should decide what exactly causing this
thats not a new injectors - you have all the factory data at the same ECU defined, you dont need any calibration

log fr_w, ti_b1, msdk and so on, get a fuel pressure test at wot to locale an issue

if its fueling - FKKVS / FRLFSDP
if its load issue - KFKHFM (but in case of stock maf you should not touch that)

K92

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 04:35:35 AM »

1st of all you should decide what exactly causing this
thats not a new injectors - you have all the factory data at the same ECU defined, you dont need any calibration

log fr_w, ti_b1, msdk and so on, get a fuel pressure test at wot to locale an issue

if its fueling - FKKVS / FRLFSDP
if its load issue - KFKHFM (but in case of stock maf you should not touch that)

Well I guess if you dont tune everyday you tend to forget basics. Multiplied my KRKTE with avarage fr_w WOT and with first change req and actual are in place.
Guess the stock BAM krkte is not good. Back to basics. Fuel tuning Smiley
Thanks
K92

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 11:13:36 AM »

In the end after messing with fueling it turned out to be dirty maf. Now calculated krkte is good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: