Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TunerPro XDF for Audi 4B0/4Z7/8D0/8L0/8Z0 '920' xxx Clusters  (Read 3628 times)
blairdude

« on: January 07, 2023, 05:56:01 PM »

For the most part, I combined all the scattered info I could find on these cluster binaries into a single XDF, and created a checksum DLL to update the speedo checksums.  I've tested this on both crypto and non-crypto binaries, but I only own a couple of crypto clusters (03 Allroad and 04 A6), so I can't confirm that there are no checksum issues with non-crypto clusters.  I've been reading/writing the binaries with VAG EEPROM Programmer 1.19.

The way the DLL checks for crypto/non-crypto is very simple, and I don't know if it will work on all binaries, so best to make sure that before editing a binary, save it and make sure the checksum stays original.

If anyone knows of more addresses to define, let me know, and I'll try to update the XDF as necessary.

So far what is defined in the XDF (v0.1):
 - Coding
 - Speedo checksums (crypto and non-crypto)
 - A few flags (oil sensor, cluster lighting (non-crypto)
 - Odometer
 - Gauge data (use for changing scale of the various gauges)
 - Road temp warning enable/disable temps
 - K-values (speedo pulse count, there are 6 in a 3x2 table; if anyone knows what each are used for, please let me know)
 - Immobolizer/key data
 - Patch to reset cluster as new and set the odometer to zero
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 12:11:34 PM by blairdude » Logged
stuydub

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 10:22:15 AM »

Upload the full binary as just saying 920 makes no odds as there is different ROM IDs for different versions ie xxx 920 842 - xxx 920 946 - xxx 920 949 so on
blairdude

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 12:09:48 PM »

Upload the full binary as just saying 920 makes no odds as there is different ROM IDs for different versions ie xxx 920 842 - xxx 920 946 - xxx 920 949 so on

It seems to work on 4B0 920 xxx, 4Z7 920 xxx, 8D0 920 xxx, 8L0 920 xxx, and 8Z0 920 xxx.
elektronik13

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 04:49:56 AM »

It seems to work on 4B0 920 xxx, 4Z7 920 xxx, 8D0 920 xxx, 8L0 920 xxx, and 8Z0 920 xxx.
why do something that is already a long time ago
blairdude

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 02:24:52 PM »

why do something that is already a long time ago

Where was this done before?  XDFs I found from the past were very incomplete, and the only way to update the checksum, that I could find, was a spreadsheet.
elektronik13

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 05:02:19 PM »

Where was this done before?  XDFs I found from the past were very incomplete, and the only way to update the checksum, that I could find, was a spreadsheet.
there is an application and it is generally available
blairdude

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 10:32:44 PM »

there is an application and it is generally available

AudiDashEdit?  It cannot change the K-value to a custom value and update the checksum to my knowledge (my whole purpose in creating this). This allows for more custom changes as well, and of course one doesn't have to sit through the ads
elektronik13

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 03:50:11 AM »

AudiDashEdit?  It cannot change the K-value to a custom value and update the checksum to my knowledge (my whole purpose in creating this). This allows for more custom changes as well, and of course one doesn't have to sit through the ads

Friend, writing completely custom values is pointless
try after your changes to change, for example, the country in the encoding or the Language
Such a counter after such non-standard changes is like a mirage, you never know when it will disappear
imagine that you would have such a client who would have such a converted Counter and would be very annoying, demanding
and you, quite by accident, not being aware that he has such a rewiring, restored the meter to factory values, and what will you do then, what will you enter what values were used, because the client wants the car because it was efficient and worked who will pay for it that you are doing it, or he will take it to another mechanic and make you pay for this repair, life my friend life
with such changes, even replacing the battery is a risk
blairdude

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 01:08:04 PM »

Friend, writing completely custom values is pointless
try after your changes to change, for example, the country in the encoding or the Language
Such a counter after such non-standard changes is like a mirage, you never know when it will disappear
imagine that you would have such a client who would have such a converted Counter and would be very annoying, demanding
and you, quite by accident, not being aware that he has such a rewiring, restored the meter to factory values, and what will you do then, what will you enter what values were used, because the client wants the car because it was efficient and worked who will pay for it that you are doing it, or he will take it to another mechanic and make you pay for this repair, life my friend life
with such changes, even replacing the battery is a risk

This is aimed at DIYers (like myself). I have tested these kinds of changes in my own (03 Audi Allroad) car and it works exactly as intended. I'm not suggesting that people programming clusters for others should or should not do certain changes with it; that's up to the individual.

In my other car, 00 TDI Jetta w/IMMO3 FIS cluster, I have been running custom K-values for almost 2 years now, because I run a larger than stock tire size. Again, it works perfectly fine, and this allows my odometer and speedometer to be perfectly accurate.  In that case, I can also verify that disconnecting the battery does not change the custom K-value, as I have read the cluster EEPROM after multiple battery disconnections and it keeps my custom K-value.

If you don't think you should make certain changes on clusters for clients, then don't! 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 01:10:25 PM by blairdude » Logged
elektronik13

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 08:56:24 PM »

This is aimed at DIYers (like myself). I have tested these kinds of changes in my own (03 Audi Allroad) car and it works exactly as intended. I'm not suggesting that people programming clusters for others should or should not do certain changes with it; that's up to the individual.

In my other car, 00 TDI Jetta w/IMMO3 FIS cluster, I have been running custom K-values for almost 2 years now, because I run a larger than stock tire size. Again, it works perfectly fine, and this allows my odometer and speedometer to be perfectly accurate.  In that case, I can also verify that disconnecting the battery does not change the custom K-value, as I have read the cluster EEPROM after multiple battery disconnections and it keeps my custom K-value.

If you don't think you should make certain changes on clusters for clients, then don't! 
I told you what I think about it, and may you never have problems on the road because of this, because then you will know everything about how it works and why the car is approved at the factory when the parameters of the car are violated, which have a direct impact on safety
regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you all for the downvotes, i'll be more creative I don't salute these people, you can kiss me and buy yourself a horse beater, it will relax you
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 09:39:49 PM by elektronik13 » Logged
blairdude

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 02:34:06 PM »

I told you what I think about it, and may you never have problems on the road because of this, because then you will know everything about how it works and why the car is approved at the factory when the parameters of the car are violated, which have a direct impact on safety
regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you all for the downvotes, i'll be more creative I don't salute these people, you can kiss me and buy yourself a horse beater, it will relax you

I've been running with these types of changes for long enough that I'm not worried about any safety issues.  Also, I forgot to add, specifically with these Audi clusters, I tested changing the coding with modified K-values, and the modified K-values stayed modified after saving new coding.  The Audi clusters I have (03 Allroad and 04 A6) actually have a coding value that can switch between two different K-values in the EEPROM (in these clusters it's a table of 2x3 K-values), and that could potentially be useful to someone who runs a different tire size through the summer and winter, making it as easy as changing the coding to switch between them and have an accurate speedometer/odometer.  I plan on doing some more testing to try to figure out what the other 4 K-values in the EEPROM are for, and hopefully release an updated XDF/DLL, as I added support in the DLL for some VW clusters as well, and added some more checks to ensure that the binary is compatible.
elektronik13

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 03:40:23 PM »

I've been running with these types of changes for long enough that I'm not worried about any safety issues.  Also, I forgot to add, specifically with these Audi clusters, I tested changing the coding with modified K-values, and the modified K-values stayed modified after saving new coding.  The Audi clusters I have (03 Allroad and 04 A6) actually have a coding value that can switch between two different K-values in the EEPROM (in these clusters it's a table of 2x3 K-values), and that could potentially be useful to someone who runs a different tire size through the summer and winter, making it as easy as changing the coding to switch between them and have an accurate speedometer/odometer.  I plan on doing some more testing to try to figure out what the other 4 K-values in the EEPROM are for, and hopefully release an updated XDF/DLL, as I added support in the DLL for some VW clusters as well, and added some more checks to ensure that the binary is compatible.
if you're so sure of yourself, I won't argue with you
I just pointed out what you might not have thought of
and he didn't ever have to sit in as a defendant because you didn't put any warning in your work because there's no shortage of idiots.
Keep working because you're doing a good job, I'm not discouraging you like a lot of idiots here think, and they're pressing down on the downsides for me
Cheers to the Idiots and Snowmen
audidude

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2023, 02:09:58 AM »

@blairdude
There is another set of values related to the fuel tank.
Same as the fuel gauge 2 bytes LSB, 8 colums.
Adress 15E regular tank, 2E2 large tank.

Could you plase check what that is, might be sender resistance?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 02:11:31 AM by audidude » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: