Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: rs4 decoding  (Read 39683 times)
S3driver

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

Great job man  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Rick

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »

i really really dont  see the point of this.  I tune a LOT of these and the end result is no different from ECU to ECU.  Spend your time tuning, not trying to flash different images!
s5fourdoor

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »

Are the K and Q box EEPROM's the same thing?  Do we have the Q-box EEPROM as well or does it not even matter?
There's a ME7 95040 EEPROM programmer, let me check if that can be generally used.
RS4boost

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »

Are the K and Q box EEPROM's the same thing?  Do we have the Q-box EEPROM as well or does it not even matter?
There's a ME7 95040 EEPROM programmer, let me check if that can be generally used.

Hi,

EEPROM data structure from 551K and 551Q are alsolutly equal.

The only differents between both dumps is the ECU coding and the car specific entrys FIN, WFS and login code.

ECU coding for european RS4 with 551K with "Euro 4 norm" (with cat, rear O2 sensors and SLS), is 10711.
For the japanese RS4 551Q box it is 5711 without cat...

So it is also coded in flash variable VARDEF "Default Variante für Variantencodierung" at 155D6.

The posted 551K EEPROM is read with ArgDub`s "ME7_95040 - EEPROM programmer".
So we know it works fine. Wink

Regards Thomas

prj

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 01:11:02 PM »

i really really dont  see the point of this.  I tune a LOT of these and the end result is no different from ECU to ECU.  Spend your time tuning, not trying to flash different images!

Very simple, in K-box a lot of the LOAD axes are rescaled to 16 bit, so it is possible to tune this file properly without underscaling load even on high power output cars.
This is not true for any other 2.7T image.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jibberjive

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »

Along with the 16bit load axes, there are alot of other parameters that stock on the RS4 are closer to where we would modify our S4 files to (like ARMD, stage 3 boost PID, etc).  And not everyone modifies all ranges of all of the tuning maps (like every section on timing maps), so the RS4 stock values are likely a better value than the stock K03 ECU's for us bigger turbo guys.  That being said, I personally was looking for an excuse to start from scratch and make my modifications one at a time, so the switch to the K-box does that for me.  If I had a completely ironed out tune with no intended changes for the future, I probably wouldn't bother with switching.

I'm curious how my load notch will look with the RS4 as a base (see this thread for reference http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1848.0 ).  It will be cool if using the RS4 box as a base takes care of that for me, saving me the time of tinkering with it on my M-box.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »

the axis limitations are pretty annoying man.  i don't care what type of tuning you do, it may be good.  for me if i can't get precision in my operations, i fall apart.  call that a criticism or a weakness, idc, i manage that and play my strengths.  anyways why do you even care?  do you really think we are wasting our time with this concept?  why?  be constructive.
prj

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »

jibberjive, to mostly remove the notch, the last column of KFPBRKNW and KFPBRK should be set to equal values.

Log your car properly.
jibberjive

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »

jibberjive, to mostly remove the notch, the last column of KFPBRKNW and KFPBRK should be set to equal values.
Thanks for the info.  I'll see if I still have it with the K-box, and if so, this gives me something to try.  Thanks.
prj

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

You will have it.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: