Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help To Reset The Flash Counter Or Remove The Max Possible Flash Update MED17.1  (Read 1666 times)
Janbakhish

Hi there! I'm trying to learn how to tune my car and how my ECU works. For this purpose, I bought PCMflash and OpenPort 2.0 to do all of my tuning work myself in my garage. When I connect my car to the VCTool app through the OBDII port, under the extended ECU identification table, the app tells me that my ECU actually has the "maximum number of possible update programming" (as I understand the limit is 64 times flash upgrade over the OBDII port). This is a really sad situation to know, because I already flashed my ECU 22 times. As far as I know, PCM Flash doesn't lock the flash counter after every flash attempt. I told this issue to my friend, who has a full-CMD master device. He fully dumped my ECU in boot mode with his CMD device. I have my ECU's full dump, but I don't know what to do with these files to achieve my goals. Long story short, I know there are very knowledgeable people here. My questions are:
1. Can we reset my flash counter from my EEPROM? (to be honest I already know it is definitely possible). Who can reset my flash counter (the actual count on this dump is 22) in my EEPROM for me? (I've already attached the ECU's full dump to this thread).
2. Is it possible to increase the maximum possible flash count from 64 to something higher (i.e., 9999)? Who has the ability to make these changes in my EEPROM?
If either of these two options is possible, I can write modified files back to the ECU in boot mode with my friend's CMD.

I am a curious person and want to learn about my ECU. For this reason, I don't want to hit this flash count limit.
prj

You can:
a) Buy a different tool that doesn't add 3 to the flash counter each time and/or freezes the flash counter
b) Write a usermode modification that sets it to 0 on every boot.

You're probably never going to do b) if you are not able to find the flash counter in the eeprom yourself, so that leaves you with buying a tool that modifies the CBOOT so that the flash counter does not increment.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Janbakhish

You can:
a) Buy a different tool that doesn't add 3 to the flash counter each time and/or freezes the flash counter
b) Write a usermode modification that sets it to 0 on every boot.

You're probably never going to do b) if you are not able to find the flash counter in the eeprom yourself, so that leaves you with buying a tool that modifies the CBOOT so that the flash counter does not increment.

Thanks for your suggestion. Can you tell which device is good for me in this situation? I'm not professional tuner as I wrote above. I just want to write my car's ECU TCU (temic dl501 g2) over obd without hitting to any limiter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: