Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad fueling AFR behavior  (Read 1873 times)
tao13

« on: April 08, 2023, 06:43:34 AM »

Hi.
I have on my 1.8t 20v skoda octavia 1, bosch 731cc injectors , 5120 hack applied to my file, dsg dq250 gearbox, sytec syt410g  300 lph in tank!
I drive with them from 1 year with my TVUB , KRKTE settings.
From 1 week i received some information from a friend with BOSCH specifications (TVUB) for these injectors.
With both settings the car starts ok, not depends of outside temp.
From 2 days i increased a little the boost. Before run with 2.2 now with 2.4 bars. Before increased boost i saw all logs with my injectors settings was ok. Afr , lambda control, wkrma.
Today i made 2 logs in manual mode at WOT in 3rd and 4th gear , one with my settings , second with bosch settings. Between this 2 files only TVUB and KRKTE are modified.
SOMETHING IS WRONG/BAD. I understood over 90% duty injectors are maxed out , so they are small for my boost , but some advice about next words!
1 .With bosch settings for injectors i have a very bad AFR (16-17) , but duty cycle not more than 105% ( when i have afr 17 duty is aproximatly 56%) , BUT WKRMA not more than -3.
2 .With my settings for injectors i have a very good AFR and it follow what i request/desire (between 11.4-12) , but duty cycle goes to 126% ( when i have afr 13 duty is aproximatly 126%) , and WKRMA goes to -6.8.
Witch is the true, my settings are good because i have a good afr but injectors are maxed out (very much) and for this i have a lower WKRMA
OR with bosch settings where i have VERY bad AFR but injectors are lower maxed (105%) and WKRMA is less?

I saw some issues but i don't know if the problems with injectors came from them :
-maf and maf at throttle are not the same , but i will try to adjust them with KFURL.
-i have an overboost in my settings log at 3rd gear , but i think the injectors maxed out and they goes to 126% is not from overboost!

Maybe i request too much load for this engine? Maybe my fuel pump is maxed out too (i have an external fuel pump and a surge tank to install in next days)?
Thanks in advance for your opinion and advices.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 07:05:57 AM by tao13 » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 06:55:03 AM »

You should try AFR more around 14:1 in order to keep duty cycle lower

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
tao13

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 06:56:25 AM »

You should try AFR more around 14:1 in order to keep duty cycle lower
Thanks , but the questions are others , they nare about witch settings are good , mine or bosch . I think mine are much better but....with them i have other problems, like i wrote upstairs.
AND at 2.4 bars (3.4 with atmo included) i don;t think 14:1 is a greate ideea!
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 08:39:43 AM »

I dunno about you but I'm loving the upstairs

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 08:49:28 AM »

Thanks , but the questions are others , they nare about witch settings are good , mine or bosch . I think mine are much better but....with them i have other problems, like i wrote upstairs.
AND at 2.4 bars (3.4 with atmo included) i don;t think 14:1 is a greate ideea!

Dude hes messing with you... which you should know.
Also 2.4 bar boost with what? 0 information.

You got a DC of 100%? You ran out from hardware do you understand that? Get bigger injectors.
Stop messing about and start from scratch properly. Get ltfts within 2% then go from there. Dont touch kfurl or anything to skew everything up. msdk vs maf is wdkugdn also.

tao13

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 09:01:10 AM »

Thanks Blazius.
Gtx2871r , forged rods , Bam pistons.
With both injectors settings i goes to touch LTFT at -1.5% , i like to stay with minus (much fuel) , not with +.
I rescaled my MAF because i have 83mm case.
Prj said to me some times ago don't touch kfurl but i forgot. SORRY! I will try to increase wdkugdn.
I will order new injectors, but my misunderstanding/queries are how can be at the same boost i9n the same time (one log after other with 10 minutes difference - so temp doesn't metter) an AFR 16 and wkrma -3 and with AFR 12 i have wkrma -7 and from here witch setting are right.

tao13

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2023, 03:24:29 AM »

After 5 hours of logs and works. I FOUND MY PROBLEM. I knew my injectors must work ok for my setup and power. Now they goes down at maximum 78-80%. It was a vaccum problem , the hose from intake manifold to FPR was cut a little near the manifold and fucking shit if it can see without vaccum test with smoke.
My setting now works ok but lambdacontrol goes to low and with bosch settings i made a little log but it crash before end 3rd gear WOt and i don't had time to make again, because streets are full and the Police car are everywhere.
For next days i must saw :
- why after change gear from 3 to 4 the boost/load fluctuate , maybe the WG can not keep the pressure.
- make maf and mafatthrottle same values , here maybe some advices please about log maybe the maf sensor it is not in a good conditions, or mlhfm is bad (i got rs4 values because with my rescale was bad) , and at high boost 2.3-2.4 it touch 4.7v .
- works with part throttle

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: