Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PCI Hex-Can Cable does not work with NefMoto flash SW  (Read 933 times)
Davlush

« on: April 15, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »

Hi guys,

Little noob problem here…I‘ve built a bench setup and NefMoto software is not recognising my cable at all. It’s an original PCI Rosstech HeX-Can Cable. VCDS is recognising my ECU without any issues, so wiring and cable are working. what can be an issue here?

Greetings from Germany

David
Davlush

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 06:28:31 AM »

Maybe I have to be a bit more specific.

I use a bench setup with an atx 300w power supply. Windows 10 and the original rosstech Hex-can cable. I just checked the voltage and it is only constant 11.86V…maybe this is the problem? As I said VCDS shows me the ECU (ME 7.1.1 from a 2002 S6) just fine. NefMoto doesn’t even show me the cable.
prj

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 06:52:34 AM »

Do yourself a favor and get a KKL cable.

Hex-CAN V2 can never work.
Hex-CAN V1 needs a special driver from here: https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/usb/virtual-com-port.php
Also, every single time before you want to use it, you need to open VCDS, go into settings, check "Dumb mode" if not already checked, press "Test" button, and then close VCDS again and open the tool.

Why bother with all this when a KKL cable can be had for less than $10 on eBay/Aliexpress.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Davlush

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 06:56:30 AM »

Already ordered a cheap KKL, since I only read that the Rosstech isn’t an issue I tried to sort everything else out first. But yeah, hopefully that’s the point. Cheap Cable is in the way…
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: