Pages: [1]
Author Topic: flashing/cloning not sure what to call it  (Read 1969 times)
dream20s

« on: April 19, 2023, 05:40:26 AM »

? is can i flash a tune from an 06A me7.5 onto a 4B0 me7.5 ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 05:57:26 AM »

? is can i flash a tune from an 06A me7.5 onto a 4B0 me7.5 ecu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eeprom and flash need to be compatible, straight cross flashing without knowing the exact details could go ether way. If you're trying to run a Jetta golf tune in a Passat or A4 just don't. They have too many hardware differences including injector size, base fuel pressure and turbo size and configuration for starters. Without knowing the exact software versions I can tell you that it will ether brick, or if it doesn't brick the ECU will be messed up from mismatch eeprom. Feel free to try it for yourself. If you can't flash the eeprom or cant do boot mode recovery there's a good chance you will end up with non working ecus

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
dream20s

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 07:29:24 AM »

ive been running a eurocustoms stage 2 flash i got out of my gti for the past few years on its been in the gti been in my tt thatni converted to wideband an been in my b6, i may have kooked a ground somewhere on the board itself wen i blew my downpipe in half an think the o2 touched something i didnt know if i could flash it over to one of these other ecu's i have ir not being as thou i already have the bin saved ik how to bootmode an what not an how to flash it with the blue cable i jus dk how to get around the immo on the 2 i got from the junkyard yeaterday im bout to jus flash the bin an solder my 8 pin thing on the bottom onto one i got but i already know ima fuck somethin up if i do that but i dont got any other wheels rn ig trying to do thqt is better than not doin anything
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: