Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: a2l application  (Read 6486 times)
kur4o

« on: October 23, 2023, 01:28:56 PM »

New a2l tool released.

https://universalpatcher.net/a2l-application/

Main features:

Open and convert a2l file
Open and convert winols files
Import/export csv files
Export IDapro script files.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 03:13:22 PM »

New a2l tool released.

Main features:

Import/export csv files

where is the github repo with source?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 03:33:47 PM »

New a2l tool released.

Main features:

Import/export csv files
Also, this should be in the for sale section considering it requires a paid subscription.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
kur4o

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 03:56:15 AM »

nyet it is closed source. Not sure why you need it.

_nameless if you don`t like  it just ignore it.

I am not selling anything, but if the thread is not in the correct subforum, admin is welcomed to move it.
prj

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 03:59:29 AM »

nyet it is closed source. Not sure why you need it.

_nameless if you don`t like  it just ignore it.

I am not selling anything, but if the thread is not in the correct subforum, admin is welcomed to move it.

NOTE2: Application requires license. Please support our team with donation and we will generate a license for you.
Calling sales donations?

Uploading some kind of unsigned closed source anonymous thing here with questionable functionality?
We're not 5 years old here, we perfectly know that it can be a trojan that's going to send every single file to your server.

No source, no digital signature = get lost. You will not find any approval for such shit here.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
kur4o

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 05:04:18 AM »

prj,

I don`t want to be rude but you sound like a paid troll for  a commercial company.

I guess Next thing after posting source and sign the program is to pay you to use it.

If you want signed program just send 1k USD for sign certificate for one year and you will get it.

Commenting on functionality without testing is also not correct, so Either do a real test and comment, or keep quiet.

I can also walk you through how to set up an isolated Virtual machine, and will get you some a2l out of internet, to keep your precious files safe and sound.
Not sure how advance your are with computers, but I will also show you how to use network monitor program, hope its not beyond your current skills level.

prj

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 05:45:51 AM »

If you want signed program just send 1k USD for sign certificate for one year and you will get it.
A code signing cert does not cost even close to that.
But you don't know that since you have never created or published any commercial software in your life.

You're trying to anonymously sell commercial shit here that's unsigned and that takes sensitive data. What response do you expect?

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 09:10:10 AM »

_nameless if you don`t like  it just ignore it.

What the fuck would you call it then? Posting software in a reverse engineering sub forum without source and requiring payment for use sounds exactly like selling if you ask me... or really anyone else for that matter. 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
kur4o

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 10:01:54 AM »

How do I know. Don`t advertise me shadow certs with doggy service.

Sorry _nameless, I didn`t find a subforum for tools, so this one seems most appropriate, since the tool is mainly used for reverse engineering. If that is not the case, I`d be happy if it gets moved to appropriate subforum.

I want to get this cleared. Application is used in offline mode only, There is no paid subscription, and there is no online calls to a server to use it. Can be verified easily if you have the skills.

Since it have been pointed multiple times, how much does this cost, I want to buy it.

Selling is usually associated with profit. Donations will likely cover cost associate with license generation and site maintenance.
It also serve other purpose, adding extra layer of security and filtering crooks out of people that really need it.

Eventually both of you will be using the tool, since it is way much better, than anything offered so far, paid or opensource.
winols a2l plugin is a laugh, least to say.
prj

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 11:15:50 AM »

How do I know. Don`t advertise me shadow certs with doggy service.
Not sure what you're on about.
1. You don't need EV Code signing, nor would you even be able to get it, you would not pass verification without a legit size business.
2. There are two big players in code signing. Sectigo and Digicert. Neither of those are any better than the other.

There is nothing "shady" about either one of them. You picked the most expensive option of all possible, and even that did not amount to 1000$.
What you need costs around 200$ today. Before HSM was required it was 70$.

I want to get this cleared. Application is used in offline mode only, There is no paid subscription, and there is no online calls to a server to use it. Can be verified easily if you have the skills.
Nobody has to verify jack shit dude. There are two options.
a) Release the source
b) Sign it with a code cert and put your name on it.

Even if cost 1000$ a year, if your paid super duper software is making less than that, then no point releasing it or release it open source.
If you did any significant software development and this would be a side thing then you would already have a code signing cert you could use.

Since it have been pointed multiple times, how much does this cost, I want to buy it.

Selling is usually associated with profit. Donations will likely cover cost associate with license generation and site maintenance.
It also serve other purpose, adding extra layer of security and filtering crooks out of people that really need it.
Selling is associated with revenue, not profit.

Eventually both of you will be using the tool, since it is way much better, than anything offered so far, paid or opensource.
winols a2l plugin is a laugh, least to say.
Pretty bold assumption. I have my own A2L parser, code analyzer and diasasm tools.
I don't ever need to use your crap or anyone else's. I write my own tools.

I also sign or open source all of the software I release. And I don't need an excuse to sell something.
You on other hand are just a script kiddie with a big mouth. Selling unsigned software with "donations".
A literal nobody who is too scared to put his name on the things he releases, but who is happy to talk shit about EVC. You will never amount to even 0.1% of what EVC has done for the tuning industry, nor do you probably even own a legit version of WinOLS.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 11:28:23 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
kur4o

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2023, 11:46:14 PM »

prj,

1. If you think company verification is something really hard, you have no idea what is needed than. Add VAT + the applicable taxes and you will be way over 1k for ev and close to 1k for non ev cert.

2.You still sounds like a retard who will likely lose Revenue. I see no other reason about your freaking out behaviour. No arguments at all and full with false statements. Typical trolling service.

3.You work with precious sensitive data, and don`t want false positives, you need the most trusted EV certificate.

4.Get me a cert for 200$ for 1 year. I will send you some money.

5. I don`t care about your DOS based script type of shit parser you have, that nobody have heard of.

6.And I will likely not pay anyone to use anything as you keep suggesting(getting a code cert), because it is too retarded to verify program integrity and don`t trust Antivirus programs. Please prj use the program I will get you 5 bucks anytime you open it.

a) release the source -{so I can repack it and sell it- You are so flat]
Selling is associated with revenue, not profit. [What a bold statement] If you don`t make profit out of it, you are making gifts[subsidizing people], not selling anything.

7. You keep suggesting application is some scam for stealing precious data, without a single point to prove it. Get some evidence about it or keep quiet[I don`t want to be rude so excuse the mild language being used)

8. I don`t care about winols contribution either. Their program sucks as hell, halted its state in the dos era, and only reason it is so popular is with its market share monopoly. The format of their  definition files is so crippled[someone will tell protected for reverse engineering], it can`t take fraction of the precious data that lays in a2l files.
prj

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2023, 12:58:31 AM »

prj,

1. If you think company verification is something really hard, you have no idea what is needed than. Add VAT + the applicable taxes and you will be way over 1k for ev and close to 1k for non ev cert.
Non-EV CERT is 200$.
Verification is not "really hard", but you have to have a legit company. You clearly don't if you're talking about paying VAT and taxes.
There's no "applicable taxes" or "VAT" for company expenses.

3.You work with precious sensitive data, and don`t want false positives, you need the most trusted EV certificate.
EV gives full smartscreen reputation instantly. Non-EV means you have to earn it, and after a few signed files are installed by some customers you have exactly the same reputation.
This has to be done once, after which the rep is there forever, even after cert is extended. Hardly an issue if you're releasing legit software on a regular basis.
Nobody except large corporations with money to spare need EV Signing certs, and normal certs are on HSM tokens since 1. June anyway.

4.Get me a cert for 200$ for 1 year. I will send you some money.
You're not going to send me shit, because code cert is tied to your company or name and you have to go through a verification process and submit documents.
That's the entire point of it. Signed = you're not an anonymous cunt trolling on a forum anymore. If you put malicious code into your tools, then you can get sued, plain and simple.
Here's an example:
https://codesigncert.com/cheap-code-signing-certificates
$226/year if you already have HSM token. A bit more if you don't.

5. I don`t care about your DOS based script type of shit parser you have, that nobody have heard of.
My A2L tools are internal use only. As for nobody heard about it - I guess you haven't heard about it. Most people who are tuning German (and other cars) are using my tools at the moment, they are part of the logging toolset.
I also don't sell any kind of converters, and I couldn't care less about your shit. I'm just calling you out on your scummy practices.

because it is too retarded to verify program integrity and don`t trust Antivirus programs
People who need these tools do not have the required knowledge to reverse engineer and verify what they are doing.
Even suggesting that just shows how far detached you are from reality.
Talking about AV is also hilarious, because it shows that while you are suggesting others to reverse your shit, you don't have any clue about it yourself.
AV works using pre-programmed signatures. If you simply upload data to a server then no AV is going to trigger on it ever.

Also, calling customers retarded when trying to sell them something, is going to go down real well lol.

If you don`t make profit out of it, you are making gifts[subsidizing people], not selling anything.
No, it is called selling at a loss, which is basic economics. If your software is so shitty that you can not sell it at a profit, then too bad.
If it was as good as you say it is, then you would be printing money right now, not selling it for "donations".
It's very simple, you're either selling it or you're giving it out for free. In your case you're clearly selling it and you come on this forum spamming it in the wrong place.

Whether it's useful for anyone that you're gonna make a profit on it is another topic entirely. You seem to yell really loudly how it is the best thing since sliced bread.
On the other hand, it seems to be so bad that you don't believe it can make a profit. Make up your mind.

As for me, I fail to see why anyone would care about it outside your specific niche.
You're trying to sell a tool that converts data to some obscure format used by an obscure app that works with one engine. Nobody on here needs that.

7. You keep suggesting application is some scam for stealing precious data, without a single point to prove it. Get some evidence about it or keep quiet[I don`t want to be rude so excuse the mild language being used)
You are posting unsigned compiled binary without source code.
Yes you will get these accusations, and it's up to you to prove otherwise by putting your name on it. Or releasing it as open source, if you don't intend on monetizing it.
This has been done many times in the past on e.g. ecuconnections, where a software identifier uploaded people's files to a google drive account.

If you didn't want feedback then you shouldn't have posted it here. Luckily you don't get to dictate who "keeps quiet", and get called out on your shit.
As for being rude - it's clear that you're on the spectrum if you don't think you're being rude already. That's okay, we don't judge here.

8. I don`t care about winols contribution either. Their program sucks as hell, halted its state in the dos era, and only reason it is so popular is with its market share monopoly. The format of their  definition files is so crippled[someone will tell protected for reverse engineering], it can`t take fraction of the precious data that lays in a2l files.
And I don't care about you yelling really loudly.
Btw, there's no "market monopoly", WinOLS is not the only tool since over a decade. You probably haven't even heard of Swiftec or newer stuff like Stage X.

You're just an angry kid talking shit. You probably weren't even born when OLS was released.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 01:35:53 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
kur4o

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023, 03:43:05 AM »

Cheapest one goes for 600$ for one year. So far for the link you provided.

Thanks for the crash course in economics and cert business. It is really informative how good you are. Looks like you don`t have any experience with companies, since all companies that are non VAT registered own VAT, and you should know better mr Economics.

Most people who are tuning German (and other cars) are using my tools at the moment,

That explains it all, why you are so upset. All your statements should be considered in state of conflict and are completely irrelevant on the thread topic.

The main argument you have is code signing. I am still using unsigned drivers, from reputables companies,
It is obvious that if the program was signed, there will be something else to argue, and the troll spam will be absolutely the same.

Calling xdf and csv formats obscure, only shows that you are too tied with commercial software, and the tune without PAY big shit of money, scares you to death.  
Why it is not advertised is because tunerpro don`t cover lots of a2l functionalities, like 2d,3d 4d arrays, multitables and so on.
If you are so good as you claim, you can easily convert xml definitions to your preferred tuning software or write your  own.
The one engine statement only shows your ignorance of open source tuning, Actually with tunerpro you can`t tune a single engine without a definition file.
Stating that tunerpro is completely useless, is that your trying to say?

Calling a2l->ida import script non reverse engineering specific is another weak point. Think about something better.

Please don`t push me to release source code, so someone else[like you] to monetize it.

From now one source code is officially for sales[thread can be moved to sales section].
Estimated cost as a man hour used for developing will be around 1 mil, and that doesn`t include the value of program.
So you are still telling I am selling something.

Arguing with you off topic is fun, but is also a punishment to argue with an empty bottle- whatever you say there is always some slight echo back that is so faint you can`t even hear it.

I don`t plan to keep this off topic fight, so if you have to say something on the subject I will more that happy to answer you.

P>S

When you are young, someone took your lollipop out of your mouth and you grew one very angry upset kid. I perfectly understand it and don`t take it personally. You are excused.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 03:45:10 AM by kur4o » Logged
prj

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 03:58:42 AM »

Cheapest one goes for 600$ for one year. So far for the link you provided.
Are you blind? 226$ per year if you buy for 3 years...
Even if it was 600$ that's peanuts for any half-decent software developer in the EU.
Less than 20% of monthly salary, and if you're making paid software that has any use at all, then it is going to pay for itself in a week.
Except it's not 600$.

Thanks for the crash course in economics and cert business. It is really informative how good you are. Looks like you don`t have any experience with companies, since all companies that are non VAT registered own VAT, and you should know better mr Economics.
Non-VAT registered legal entity in EU = tiny turnover one man show. Anyone who is making any decent amount of money is VAT registered.

The main argument you have is code signing. I am still using unsigned drivers, from reputables companies,
You are not a "reputable company". You are an anonymous nobody.
Also "reputable companies" do not put out unsigned drivers, unless they are for testing purposes.

It is obvious that if the program was signed, there will be something else to argue, and the troll spam will be absolutely the same.
I don't see what there is to argue about. If it is signed, then you're not an anonymous guy posting a binary blob, your name is under it.
If you decide to scam someone or put malware into it, you will be heald liable. That's infinitely safer.
The only thing left after that is that you posted it into the wrong subforum, and should have posted it in sales instead.

Calling xdf and csv formats obscure, only shows that you are too tied with commercial software, and the tune without PAY big shit of money, scares you to death.
TunerPro is a commercial tool, XDF is a proprietary format.
CSV - I am not sure why you would want the data in a random CSV, but WinOLS can already export all of the columns from the .ols project into a CSV or a JSON file. If you're still on 2.26 (lol) then probably not.

If you have ASAP2 data, then there is zero point to convert it to anything. If you want to make some kind of WinOLS replacement, then the best thing to do is to work directly with the ASAP2, instead of converting it to yet another intermediate format.
Unlike your CSV with random columns, ASAP2 is an open standard.

Why it is not advertised is because tunerpro don`t cover lots of a2l functionalities, like 2d,3d 4d arrays, multitables and so on.
If you are so good as you claim, you can easily convert xml definitions to your preferred tuning software or write your  own.
The one engine statement only shows your ignorance of open source tuning, Actually with tunerpro you can`t tune a single engine without a definition file.
Stating that tunerpro is completely useless, is that your trying to say?
The reason TunerPro is rarely used is the same reason INCA is not used in the aftermarket. It is not possible to have a full definition for every ECU out there unless you work for an OEM.
WinOLS allows to quickly find maps based on a similar A2L.

Btw, I don't know why you assume that I don't use tunerpro. A while ago I opensourced my whole 2.2T development on older ECU's, it uses TunerPro extensively.
https://m232.org/index.php/Main_Page. From tuning to data acquisition.
I never had any issues representing any A2L data with TunerPro. It's actually more flexible than WinOLS in this case, because it supports formulas.

What is a "multitable" in A2L? That's certainly not part of ASAP2 spec.
Do you have the spec? Or is that also too expensive for you, and I should give it to you?

Please don`t push me to release source code, so someone else[like you] to monetize it.
Monetize what? Something that WinOLS already includes in the program?
Conversion to some kind of weird ass format nobody except you has any use for?
If you could monetize it, you would.

Rest of your rambling does not really warrant a response.
Keep talking and showing how not only you have no idea about code signing, reversing and AV, but even the ASAP2 format, that your best tool is supposedly better at parsing than everyone else in the world.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 04:30:45 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
K2d33

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2023, 08:08:21 AM »

You are not a "reputable company". You are an anonymous nobody.
Also "reputable companies" do not put out unsigned drivers, unless they are for testing purposes.
I don't see what there is to argue about. If it is signed, then you're not an anonymous guy posting a binary blob, your name is under it.
Oh please. We have EV certificate from 10 years, any many many things goes unsigned. Token is in office and things are compiled remotely and must be delivered 'now'... ;-)
Anyway - Code sign without EV, can be ordered by somebody. For me, have same value as unsigned thing. In my opinion the cost (money and time) of EV minimizes the risk of signing everything as it comes.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: