Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 032HJ custom EGT  (Read 7054 times)
zCruuz

« on: November 24, 2023, 11:14:48 AM »

I drive the 032hj multimap floating around here. The only thing missing for me is a type k egt just for logging purposes.
it was mentioned in some posts (for example http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14759.msg118138#msg118138) , i already own such a 0-5v converter and type k egt.

Rear O2 sensor is deleted, so this input could be used i guess.

BlackT

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 04:46:06 PM »

Yust connect it to rear 02 and log it
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 06:50:31 AM »

He means converting the analog voltage to a variable so that it can be used in the ATR /ATM model to fuel. Not just logging.

Sent a PM btw.
zCruuz

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 07:50:54 AM »

Honestly i just want to log egt's on the hj atm i got only a gauge wich is quite a pain in the ass...
For fueling i guess it would be much easier to take a s3 dump as a base, copy the mm and "kick out" the pwm sensor 
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 05:54:17 AM »

Honestly i just want to log egt's on the hj atm i got only a gauge wich is quite a pain in the ass...
For fueling i guess it would be much easier to take a s3 dump as a base, copy the mm and "kick out" the pwm sensor 

You might aswell do it properly if you want to log it aka a variable, might aswell run it(fueling and etc.) on EGT, why not, the code is needed to convert the voltage to a loggable variable anyway.
If you dont wanna set up an equation for example in whatever you are viewing your logs in(if it supports such feature) ofcourse.

prj

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 01:22:02 AM »

There is no code needed for logging it if there's already a 0-5V input.
The conversion can happen in ME7Logger .ecu file or in case of my logger by adding a custom variable to it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 02:34:31 AM »

There is no code needed for logging it if there's already a 0-5V input.
The conversion can happen in ME7Logger .ecu file or in case of my logger by adding a custom variable to it.

Yup if he only wants to log the voltage with a conversion in logger/ or etc. that's certainly a possibility.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 03:01:09 AM »

He means converting the analog voltage to a variable so that it can be used in the ATR /ATM model to fuel. Not just logging.

Sent a PM btw.

You cannot just drop-in chinese ktype controller and use it for the fueling without tons of safety checks / calibrations and so on

i was done it years ago just for practicing my skills, its unfinished and ive never ever share it due to risky of misreading / bad cals etc, not interesting in wasting a days digging old useless stuff.

Just go with brand new egt gauge kit if youve got a highly modified 400ish setup and running it on a track (or just want to control egts) or run stock tt225 stuff with oem sensor if you want to make a fueling, its already done in stock

I might be wrong ofc but imo its pretty useless to log egt wo control it. Single batch of bad fuel will ruine the thing
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 03:06:55 AM by fknbrkn » Logged
prj

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 04:17:06 AM »

You can control the bad fuel by using BTS and correctly adjusting DZWETA stuff.
The physical EGT is not needed, but certainly nice to have/easier.

In aftermarket application it makes sense to completely disable BTS, use LAMFA for target and ATR for EGT control.
Calibrating BTS takes a very long time - good in OEM application to save some $ on physical EGT sensor (because after it has been calibrated once it can be used on a million cars), but in aftermarket does not make much sense.

Log your car properly.
zCruuz

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 06:48:40 AM »

Just go with brand new egt gauge kit if youve got a highly modified 400ish setup and running it on a track (or just want to control egts) or run stock tt225 stuff with oem sensor if you want to make a fueling, its already done in stock

I might be wrong ofc but imo its pretty useless to log egt wo control it. Single batch of bad fuel will ruine the thing
I agree on egt sensor:  used for fueling > just for logging

The OEM 225 sensor isn't available anymore at Audi. Buying one of the few new ones floating around the internet for more than 1000€ isn't really what i think makes sense compared to modifying the 225 dump to utilizing a type k sensor.
I'm not too deep into this, so i can't tell what needs to be done other than catching the 0-5V signal, transferring it to temp via map etc. So I don't mind paying someone to do this even if it gets freely posted afterwards.
prj

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 02:57:34 AM »

I agree on egt sensor:  used for fueling > just for logging

The OEM 225 sensor isn't available anymore at Audi. Buying one of the few new ones floating around the internet for more than 1000€ isn't really what i think makes sense compared to modifying the 225 dump to utilizing a type k sensor.
I'm not too deep into this, so i can't tell what needs to be done other than catching the 0-5V signal, transferring it to temp via map etc. So I don't mind paying someone to do this even if it gets freely posted afterwards.

There is an alternative product:
https://www.the-tuner.com/en/product/the-tt-s3-8l-18t-abgastemperatursensor-agt/

Log your car properly.
zCruuz

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2023, 12:55:08 AM »

thanks for sharing the link!
Including shipping, for me the total cost roughly estimated would  be around 400€ to get it, if "detected" by authorities there will be additional import taxes.
Compared to a reasonable type K or N thermocouple and some 0-5V Board it is about 4 times the cost.
Since i only know doing the asm work for this isn't cheap, but nowhere a "definition" for cheap is made.
Wouldn't a modified S3 dump, if accessable here for everyone, be the better solution regarding the egt solution?

aef

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2023, 02:08:52 AM »

Just buy a used me7 egt and replace the sensor.
There are new replacement pcb's too.

THE or TurboConcepts "new" me7 egt sensor is the last resort
prj

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2023, 08:00:42 AM »

thanks for sharing the link!
Including shipping, for me the total cost roughly estimated would  be around 400€ to get it, if "detected" by authorities there will be additional import taxes.
Compared to a reasonable type K or N thermocouple and some 0-5V Board it is about 4 times the cost.
Since i only know doing the asm work for this isn't cheap, but nowhere a "definition" for cheap is made.
Wouldn't a modified S3 dump, if accessable here for everyone, be the better solution regarding the egt solution?

And what do you think the code is gonna cost?
Like decent code with fault detection?

I can write the code and I wouldn't hesitate to buy the pnp product for 400 EUR in an instant.

Log your car properly.
zCruuz

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2023, 08:55:22 AM »

And what do you think the code is gonna cost?
Like decent code with fault detection?

I can write the code and I wouldn't hesitate to buy the pnp product for 400 EUR in an instant.

Thanks for your input prj. I already decided to go oem sensor with replacement pcb like aef mentioned.
Your questions have already been answered in prior messages. To not stress you by reading them again here is a short version: 1. I don't know. 2. I don't know what needs to be done.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: