Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New poster long time lurking  (Read 1392 times)
Type3_Idiot

« on: January 11, 2024, 06:16:55 AM »

Not rly tho. Just kept getting suggested links for my Audi b5 AWM when looking up things for this vehicle. I've owned alot of VWs type1 413 super, type3 74 fastback and ghia, 97 jetta GT 2.0 (miss that damn car) and my mk6.5 2017 jetta which scares me to even think touching it with a wrench. Bought the Audi on some bender i guess (i actually always wanted a B5) and been looking into most of the ins and outs on everything posted here and vortex. Never really went anything outside of stock (re)builds but for the Audi I'd like to fix it up, try some tuning and take it on some gravel roads here in the countryside to have a bit of fun. Never owned anything but 4cyl engines mostly but had one V6 and a V8 dodge 2001 1500 (current)
Never had anything on a 1.8t platform or an Audi so i decided to get the most "reliable" one with a 5sp manual.... The poor car was touched by tweekers and has less than adequate hoses and "wiring" if you could call it that. Let's just say the N75 is pretty much hacked together with bolts in where i guess a sensor is supposed to go? And no MAF at ALL. We also have extension cord ran to power one of the fans? Lol i have alot of work but i am planning to get another b5 because it's missing so much and replaced with Huh that it's insane. I'm surprised it's running. No gauges besides the center LCD, the door is bent OUT with sh*t tack welds because someone got mad locking keys in car? Lol i have a replacement door to change out the upper frame where it broke.
I need actually a good link for a shifter kit. Just a cheap stock one so i can get it in reverse. It has it, it just won't shift into the gear without that thing to press down (the idiot-proof switch)
Please feel free to tell me anything about the B5 Audi platform because i never cared for the B5 passats so i am not very familiar with them. Thanks for reading this rabble.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 10:04:03 AM »

GFC, you sure do like a project aye? I don't even know where to start besides you will need some resources for wiring schematics https://www.kolhosniki.ru/ is a good site it has mitchell on demand, alldata and vag etka all online for free with ad support. For 20 bucks its add free and well worth it without the annoying ads Im sure you could use and ad blocker and get the same effect but for 20 bucks I personally could not pass it up.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Type3_Idiot

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 02:12:36 PM »

Thank you so much. I will look into it  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: