Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ign timing issues on map Mercedes c63  (Read 525 times)
Joker63

« on: February 26, 2024, 04:54:54 PM »

Hi does anyone have experience with w205 Mercedes c63 tuning? My car currently has a stage 2 pop and bang map, it’s delayed -60 and it’s causing the car to jerk and hold revs/rev bounce letting off the throttle higher revs. The first adjustment it was something like -45 and the car would only bang on high rev let off, nothing low down or stationary, I only really wanted a very harsh crackle/pops on let off(all through the rev range) but it’s doing prolonged/spaced out bangs. Any advice would be helpful tia
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 01:06:35 AM »

Using that amount of ignition is retarded (pun intended) and won't do anything other than blow up your exhaust.

Also gearbox does not like it on these if you do stupid shit with ignition.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Joker63

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 02:00:58 AM »

Thankyou haha yeah I didn’t map it a friend did but obviously I want it changed, what would you recommend to just get quite a few bangs on let off? Dosent matter about intensity too much as it’s straight through so everything loud
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 02:40:55 AM »

W205 C63 has a factory feature for pops and bangs which does exactly what you need. Time to get some less retarded friends.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Joker63

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 04:16:24 AM »

Okay I’ll ask him to remove the retardation see what that does
greektuner

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 06:45:03 AM »

Hi does anyone have experience with w205 Mercedes c63 tuning? My car currently has a stage 2 pop and bang map, it’s delayed -60 and it’s causing the car to jerk and hold revs/rev bounce letting off the throttle higher revs. The first adjustment it was something like -45 and the car would only bang on high rev let off, nothing low down or stationary, I only really wanted a very harsh crackle/pops on let off(all through the rev range) but it’s doing prolonged/spaced out bangs. Any advice would be helpful tia
Try to not use KFZW to set timing to get pops and bangs, normally using only KFZWMN maps and KFZWOP Maps are enough to have pops and bangs without jerkness, but never tried that much of ignition retard, so maybe even setting this way i said, won't work.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 10:37:25 AM »

Try to not use KFZW to set timing to get pops and bangs, normally using only KFZWMN maps and KFZWOP Maps are enough to have pops and bangs without jerkness, but never tried that much of ignition retard, so maybe even setting this way i said, won't work.

Shame you went on with your BS post without actually READING what I posted above.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: