Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need an opinion on ECU choice  (Read 337 times)
chrisdrs

« on: May 11, 2024, 09:14:19 AM »

Hi fellas, since I probably fried my ecu, I’m in between two choices at the moment for a replacement. I found an M-box ecu (part#8D0907551M) with immo off, and a GIAC chipped ecu with immo off. I don’t have the part number for the giac ecu but I know it came from an S4 with the APB engine. My car is a 2002 Allroad with APB engine. Question is, which do you think is a better choice? I’m not familiar with the giac chip and I’m curious if I will be able to do any adjustments with Nefmoto flasher if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 11:04:16 AM »

You need to see what maf sensor you have, some apb are hitachi and others are bosch, m box does not have a immo from the factory anyway. What you can do is flash a m box file to any apb ecu and it will disable the immo. Provided its manual. I mention this because you can find stock allroad and a6 ecus listed up cheaper than a s4 ecu, they are all the same at the hardware level.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
chrisdrs

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 02:54:14 PM »

You need to see what maf sensor you have, some apb are hitachi and others are bosch, m box does not have a immo from the factory anyway. What you can do is flash a m box file to any apb ecu and it will disable the immo. Provided its manual. I mention this because you can find stock allroad and a6 ecus listed up cheaper than a s4 ecu, they are all the same at the hardware level.

Well the GIAC ecu is only $100 and that’s cheaper than anything I’ve found. Can’t I recalibrate the maf map if necessary? Or I’ll just swap the maf if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: