Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MULE when pressing the gas pedal fully.  (Read 1058 times)
Kacpern

« on: June 15, 2024, 02:22:04 AM »

Good morning. I wanted to ask what causes silting when the throttle is fully depressed in naturally aspirated petrol engines of the Golf 4. When the gas pedal is depressed at 75% it drives much better than at 100%. Other users confirm this too. I have a 2.0 AZJ with a broadband probe and this problem also occurs even though there is a broadband probe. It gets too much fuel when you press the gas pedal at 100% and it floods, or is there any other reason?
Lambda 0.899
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 03:20:43 AM »

Good morning. I wanted to ask what causes silting when the throttle is fully depressed in naturally aspirated petrol engines of the Golf 4. When the gas pedal is depressed at 75% it drives much better than at 100%. Other users confirm this too. I have a 2.0 AZJ with a broadband probe and this problem also occurs even though there is a broadband probe. It gets too much fuel when you press the gas pedal at 100% and it floods, or is there any other reason?
Lambda 0.899
Few things. Data log mixtures at full throttle and part throttle, do the same with ignition timing. Also, velocity equals torque, 75% could be helping you make more lol

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Kacpern

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024, 04:03:22 AM »

Also, velocity equals torque, 75% could be helping you make more lol
HuhHuh??
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 07:37:02 AM »

Also, velocity equals torque, 75% could be helping you make more lol
HuhHuh??
Air velocity and torque:
Air velocity and volume flow
Air velocity is the rate at which air or gas moves in a specific location, usually measured in feet per minute (FPM). You can calculate the volume of air flowing past a point in a duct by multiplying the air velocity by the duct's cross-sectional area, which is usually measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM).
Air velocity and torque in engines
For good throttle response and torque, street cruising engines need high air velocity below 4,000 rpm. Smaller intake runners and valves can help achieve this higher velocity.
Air charge and torque
The air charge into an engine's cylinders is a function of the engine speed and the mass air flow rate into the cylinders, and it's directly related to the torque produced during the power stroke.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Kacpern

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024, 12:09:52 PM »

Isn't it a problem that it is flooded with fuel? With 100% pressure on the gas pedal, lambda is 0.899 With 75% gas pedal pressure lambda 1
prj

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 02:23:31 AM »

I love the assumptions before making any measurements.

"Drives better" how - did you make acceleration measurements?
Did you put the car on a dyno and actually measure the torque curve?

Until that's done, any further discussion is a complete waste of time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
cherry

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024, 03:04:54 PM »

Make some logs and check what is happening. Normally lambda 0,9 produce more power than 1,0. I had some other car with wrong MAF sensor, the fuel part was good through adaption (measured value 32.2 +10%), but the car was running too much ignition due too low measured load, there was knock then. The load part caused through bad MAF is not adapted, so maybe your MAF is defective and you have knock issues in WOT. Anyway i had the issue with 1.8t, never worked much with such na engine...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2024, 10:15:26 PM »

log don't guess. this thread is pointless w/o data

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: