Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Audi ZF8 Swap and ECU/TCU incompatible fault  (Read 1383 times)
projectLSaudiA4

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2024, 05:07:19 AM »

Does that mean with this switch alone S6 ecu could in theory communicate fine with a ZF? If so that would be nice so we dont have to flash the rs7 SW
In the OLS that was attached earlier there are the following that I would assume does just that:

"3D126A Codiermatrix für Codierzelle Getriebeart"
    Translation: "Coding Matrix for Coding Cell Transmission Type"

"3D1269 Attribut-Byte für Codierzelle Getriebeart"
    Translation: "Attribute Byte for Coding Cell Transmission Type"

"3D1485 Attribut-Byte für Codierzelle Getriebespreizung/-übersetzung"
    Translation: "Attribute Byte for Coding Cell Transmission Spread/Ratio"

"3D1486 Codiermatrix für Codierzelle Getriebespreizung/-übersetzung"
    Translation: "Coding Matrix for Coding Cell Transmission Spread/Ratio"
projectLSaudiA4

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2024, 08:02:40 AM »

In the OLS that was attached earlier there are the following that I would assume does just that:

"3D126A Codiermatrix für Codierzelle Getriebeart"
    Translation: "Coding Matrix for Coding Cell Transmission Type"

"3D1269 Attribut-Byte für Codierzelle Getriebeart"
    Translation: "Attribute Byte for Coding Cell Transmission Type"

"3D1485 Attribut-Byte für Codierzelle Getriebespreizung/-übersetzung"
    Translation: "Attribute Byte for Coding Cell Transmission Spread/Ratio"

You might be able to change this on the TCU side instead, see attached for what I believe needs change to match what the S6 ECU is sending.
"3D1486 Codiermatrix für Codierzelle Getriebespreizung/-übersetzung"
    Translation: "Coding Matrix for Coding Cell Transmission Spread/Ratio"

You might be able to change this on the TCU side instead, see attached for what I believe needs changed to match what the S6 ECU is sending.

Edit: ShrVar_xEngTyp_C is 0x20 in the Euro RS6 4G0927158BD 1006 SW
« Last Edit: October 01, 2024, 10:49:42 AM by projectLSaudiA4 » Logged
Artemisia

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2024, 09:35:26 PM »

You might be able to change this on the TCU side instead, see attached for what I believe needs changed to match what the S6 ECU is sending.

Nice find, it correlates with the ECU calibrations

Audirama

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 06:28:14 PM »

Okay I now have all the stuff to complete my ZF swap other than the coding. There has been some very helpful info from Project LS and Artemisia

At this point I am battling with the concept of powerclass as I am using a ZF8HP55 from an Audi A6 NNT transmission code.

I know that the powerclass will mismatch so I am deciding whether it is better to adjust this on the ECU side? (original S6 ECU)

or change these values on the TCU side to match the S6 ECU?

For immo I will be using ODIS. I know it is hit or miss but my friend who is also doing this swapped managed to accomplish immo adaptation with ODIS fine. It seems what is holding him up is the powerclass mismatch.

It seems it may be easier to change the ECU Powerclass to match the transmission, but is there any thing else I need to worry about with this? I know most people use RS7/RS6 transmission for this swap, but I have found that RS7 and S8 all come with 8hp55 as well, except with different trans code like NWK for example vs the a6 NNT. Based on this, I dont see any reason why the 8hp55 from the A6/A7 should not be compatible with this engine, but I will have to see.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: