Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R32T (yes another one)  (Read 864 times)
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« on: September 26, 2024, 03:52:21 PM »

This is my attempt to turbocharge NA car (and not to grenade it)

022906032DR (c167) file equipped with DQ250 F-series
Pulsar G30-900

- mono lambda patch
- load limit not presented in this file (thanks bosch for tons of random changes in similar files)
- n75 connected to pin #116 (pw3, pp3 = 12499)
- implemented prj`s boostcontrol
- IAT sensor relocated to manifold

- all ram variables of boostcontrol redefined to 387* instead of 384* this eliminate misfires, even if IDA shows empty space here, probably some ram-mirroring was there, ive faced this before so just swap it with 387xxx*

- RLVMXN/RLVSMXN maxed out to eliminate IOP limit and gives adequate misol_w, now its misol > miist, no torque intervention and car runs smoothly, ps_w, msdk_w, pvdks_w finally sorted out

- changed turbo routine instead of feeding pwm it manages new ldtvm_w to be able to log wgdc and move pwm operations to its raster
- somehow i got inverse pwm so a bit of calculation was added:

Code:
mov		r5, ldtvm_w
mov r4, #30A3h ;100% WGDC
cmp r5, r4
jmpr cc_ule, loc_ldrNext
mov r5, r4
loc_ldrNext:
sub r4, r5

- DPUPVDK map calculates pvdkds_w based on ml_w in stock its subtracted map values from pu_w and i replaced it with addition due to map is not signed, this gives positive pvdkds_w and msdk_w now looking nice but i still thinking to replace it with native map sensor

- map sensor fitted pre-tb, pin #85 (brake boost pressure sensor in stock), DSBGRAD/DSBOFS as the sensor settings but i change routine to 1.8t because it didnt handle overflow, call from DPUPVDK result with rets so its basically replaces DPUPVDK calculation, i have not implemented sensor failure path due to time management
 car runs smoother after that

- patch for b_mdee (enable redsol) when shifting, so it gets selective fuel cut at shifts but unfortunately without noticeable sound  Angry

so far so good, DSG works completely fine, input torque, clutch pressures looks adecuate

Now questions:

- probably i want to emulate KFVPDKDS / KFPLGU stuff but im not sure how to make it simple way
- going speed-density?
- intake/exhaust cam settings? i have no idea how to do it, probably ive got a dyno but some hints would be nice to hear

[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 03:56:09 PM by fknbrkn » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2024, 03:12:01 AM »

I did it near where WDKUGDN is.
I just defined an extra map with pressure ratio, and if plsol/pu ratio is higher than this map, then it goes WOT like it would be over WDKUGDN limit, and uses N75 to control.
Below that it uses the throttle to control.

To fill map do 1 pull with 0% WGDC and log the pressure ratio (pvds/pu).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 03:16:32 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2024, 01:19:08 PM »

and if plsol/pu

You mean basically pssol/pu or i should define plsol? (pssol/vpsspls + dpdk)
At the second option vpsspls comes from KFVPDKSD/E which uses vpssplg which comes from pssol/plgrus (plgrus = pu)

prj

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2024, 02:43:47 PM »

You mean basically pssol/pu or i should define plsol? (pssol/vpsspls + dpdk)
At the second option vpsspls comes from KFVPDKSD/E which uses vpssplg which comes from pssol/plgrus (plgrus = pu)

You can do pssol/pu yes for target pressure ratio.
If you don't expect much elevation change you can do just pssol too.

Log your car properly.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2024, 01:45:41 AM »

I did it near where WDKUGDN is.
I just defined an extra map with pressure ratio, and if plsol/pu ratio is higher than this map, then it goes WOT like it would be over WDKUGDN limit, and uses N75 to control.
Below that it uses the throttle to control.

To fill map do 1 pull with 0% WGDC and log the pressure ratio (pvds/pu).

Well i didnt get this part unfortunately, hate this uberweg stuff  Roll Eyes

As for the turbo conversion:

- ldrlts path with KFLDHBN map to limit rl with pressure ratio
- vpssspls_w with the KFVPDKSE/D maps and plsol_w finally here, also i want to use this as an input to uberweg operations but im stuck a bit with these
- replaced pssol/ps with plsol/pvdkdks at the turbo routine
- going speed-density, ive made two routines - one at the syncro-raster and the second at 10ms or something like that, basically adapt these from 06A906032QD file as it using MAF and MAP for some reason (psfglm -> psfgds, rlfglm -> rlfgds, dpsfglm -> dpsfgds, pslm -> psdss from sensor), its my first conversion im so excited about result, hope this not going to be nightmare with VE model etc, I see *lm - *ds values pretty close to each other, so far so good

Questions:
- 5120 patch, any advice here? What is the best option for manifold sensor?
- im still have no idea about NWS setting
- b_mdee patch unfortunately fuel cut any count of cylinders give no DSG-fart sounds (but redsol works at it should), any reasons?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:27:47 AM by fknbrkn » Logged
prj

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2024, 07:01:42 AM »

You don't need any of the KFVPD just add a base pressure map and if target pressure is above base pressure set throttle to 100% in same place as WDKUGDN is.
The whole KFVPD yadda yadda is the same thing, just models a lot more stuff.

Log your car properly.
fastboatster

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2024, 02:13:50 PM »

- b_mdee patch unfortunately fuel cut any count of cylinders give no DSG-fart sounds (but redsol works at it should), any reasons?
that was the question I was asking myself when dealing with an inline 6 engine, yours is also practically an inline 6. As prj said in one of your threads, cylinder cutoff pattern makes all the difference, and I will also say that the number of disabled cylinders as well, 1 cylinder won't make any noticeable sound, 2 or better yet, 3 is what you need. I tried ABMM6 pattern, and that resulted in no sound whatsoever. You need to make sure that the cylinders you disable are close or follow each other in firing order, i.e., disable 2 consecutive cylinders or 1 then let the next one fire and then disable the next one.
Here's what I got now:
https://youtu.be/n-utFWDtUlM?si=hXXegf-cNknl6jXB
P.S. this is stock twin-scroll exhaust manifold, if yours is log style then you'll either need to find another pattern or it might never give you the sound you want
« Last Edit: October 16, 2024, 02:33:18 PM by fastboatster » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 02:35:13 AM »

You don't need any of the KFVPD just add a base pressure map and if target pressure is above base pressure set throttle to 100% in same place as WDKUGDN is.
The whole KFVPD yadda yadda is the same thing, just models a lot more stuff.

im using it for the plsol mostly, so might be helpful to overtake dwdksus_w imo
thanks for the hint, ill try that

that was the question I was asking myself when dealing with an inline 6 engine, yours is also practically an inline 6. As prj said in one of your threads, cylinder cutoff pattern makes all the difference, and I will also say that the number of disabled cylinders as well, 1 cylinder won't make any noticeable sound, 2 or better yet, 3 is what you need. I tried ABMM6 pattern, and that resulted in no sound whatsoever. You need to make sure that the cylinders you disable are close or follow each other in firing order, i.e., disable 2 consecutive cylinders or 1 then let the next one fire and then disable the next one.
Here's what I got now:
https://youtu.be/n-utFWDtUlM?si=hXXegf-cNknl6jXB
P.S. this is stock twin-scroll exhaust manifold, if yours is log style then you'll either need to find another pattern or it might never give you the sound you want

thanks for the input
i tried KFABM pattern but has no noticeable effect  Roll Eyes

anyway
im able to make SD-patch as i mentioned before, had to tweak VE and IOP a bit but its fine after all

as for the NWS im using bentley w12 @100+% rl but its a shot in the dark for me

also had pretty smooth result with part throttle by enabling our lovely ARMD which is disabled by default in that file

todo list:

5120 patch
fr_w stuck sometimes with non-zero values at low-end and ive got no idea why (not caused by b_sa events)

logs attached if someone interested
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:44:26 AM by fknbrkn » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 03:21:44 AM »

am also seeking for advice about best option for the map sensor in manifold
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:36:07 AM by fknbrkn » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: