Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dilema - BAM content inside  (Read 11487 times)
20VTMK1

« on: August 08, 2012, 04:17:34 AM »

Greetings Chaps ,

Thanks for all the great info . It's not all doom and gloom as some folk make it out to be .. (Tuning ME7)

So , I have a BAM ECU that I want to use on my 20VT project , I do not have the EGT sensor due to cost and availabilty . If I did the solution would be simple .

So , my options are

1.) Use the AMK file on the BAM ecu since AMK doesnt have an external EGT (K04-22 ?) Is this correct ? I dont see many AMK damos's or any for that matter ..
2.) Load the amk file onto a 032HP ecu ? Would this work , even still , would I be able to cross flash the BAM onto the 032HP ecu ?
3.) Use the BAM ecu and SW and disable the external EGT sensor for a while till I get the sensor . Enable the calculated EGT like on all other me7 sw versions , would anyone be able to point me in the right direciton for this ?

for all of the above , I also would need to turn off the can bus haldex / 4wd signal , correct  , apart from other signals ?

Thanks in advance , much appreciated.
tuffty

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »

AMK ecu (018J) has an EGT probe.... all 1mb wideband K04 turbo'd engines do...

Without it connected the ECU will always run rich...

Not sure about your other questions though as I have an S3 so not had to turn off any 4wd stuff... not sure what tables they would be...

If you are doing this to a FWD car you may be better off starting with a K03 file (from a 150hp ECU as the 180hp code were a little iffy...) and tunign from that rather than starting from a 225 file...

The basic hardware is the same, no EGT probe to connect and still wideband/VVT... its worth connectig an EGT probe using a VEMs gauge or similar though as the K04's do get hot assuming you are using a K04...

If using a differnt turbo then there is no real benefit to using a 210/225 file...

You could try getting hold of an LCR map though if you do want an EGT probe (nice to have) as thats FWD not quattro

<tuffty/>

littco

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 01:43:49 PM »

Why not try flashing the 06a906032hn onto the bam ecu? I know it works the other way and the HN doesn't have EGT.
prj

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:19:35 PM »

Why not just switch off the EGT sensor? You only need to change a few bytes.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ibizacupra

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 03:37:49 AM »

Why not just switch off the EGT sensor? You only need to change a few bytes.
which few bytes would these be?
prj

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:14:21 AM »

Haven't looked at this image in particular, but turning off diagnosis and zeroing the limp mode maps is usually enough on most ME7 ECU's.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
littco

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 01:14:59 AM »

I've had same issue, and reading through the docs,

Prohibition of the exhaust gas temperature control: code word CATR [bit0] = 0.
Affected functions:
========================
¨ Lamko% over dlamatr_w, dlamatr2_w

This isn't noted on Nef anywhere, but I have looked at all the EGT maps I have and this on all of them is set to 1 where as on the non Egt ecu's such as the HN , HJ etc it's set to 0.

reading through FR as well it looks like this along with

CATR FW configuration byte exhaust temperature control
FW DLATRMN minimum exhaust temperature limit controller
DLATRNLN NMOT KL delta lambda in emergency exhaust temperature control
KFRLATR NMOT TANS KF Minimum load f ¨ ur exhaust gas temperature control
Latro FW limit lambda f ¨ ur exhaust gas temperature control
SY_STERVK SYS (REF) system constant condition: stereo from Kat
TABGSS FW exhaust temperature setpoint f ¨ ur exhaust gas temperature control

Interestingly DLATRMN is the min temp for egt control
littco

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »

Ok, so confirmed that CATR switches off the EGT sensor so no adjustments are made to lambda.
20VTMK1

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »

@ Tufty - yes its in a FWD car . I saw that the wiring diag pulls in a signal via can bus from the haldex.

The pin outs should be exactly the same between the BAM and AUM/AUQ engine ECU's , with the exception of the EGT.

@ Littco - thanks for that , I just then have to turn of the error checking ? With CATR switched to 0 , will the calcualted EGT be used like all non EGT me7.5 files ?

Out of interest , which would be the error checking / diagnosis map ?

Would I not need to copy over the component protection map values then , sorry - I dont have my laptop nearby to quote the exact maps - I did notice that some were just 1's    when compared to a non EGT ecu.

Thanks a lot for the info  , much appreciated from my end .
ibizacupra

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »

@ Tufty - yes its in a FWD car . I saw that the wiring diag pulls in a signal via can bus from the haldex.

The pin outs should be exactly the same between the BAM and AUM/AUQ engine ECU's , with the exception of the EGT.

@ Littco - thanks for that , I just then have to turn of the error checking ? With CATR switched to 0 , will the calcualted EGT be used like all non EGT me7.5 files ?

Out of interest , which would be the error checking / diagnosis map ?

Would I not need to copy over the component protection map values then , sorry - I dont have my laptop nearby to quote the exact maps - I did notice that some were just 1's    when compared to a non EGT ecu.

Thanks a lot for the info  , much appreciated from my end .

if you are reverting the ecu to not use an egt sensor, then yea, KFLBTS will need to be used to cope with fueling when it gets hotter... and choose a threshold suitable to the lambda location, as I believe its going to use the lambda heater as its "other" temp measurement in the absence of an actual egt sensor.

you will be tuning it like an AUM type engine effectively..

20VTMK1

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »

Hi Ibiza Cupra ,

Thank you for your reply

The wideband is mounted right up against the DP flange , or thereabouts.

Ok , this is good news then since I am struggling to sort out the PT boost . WOT is all good , it just overboosts on PT @ approx 30 % throttle .

I played with KFLDIMX and KFLDRL with minimal luck , it shoots up to 1.5 bar on PT in some cases . Its not requesting that much boost , that I know hence the overboost code ..

Back to the drawing board I guess
20VTMK1

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

repost since the topic subject got lost .. wierd
ibizacupra

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 09:40:30 AM »

Hi Ibiza Cupra ,

Thank you for your reply

The wideband is mounted right up against the DP flange , or thereabouts.

Ok , this is good news then since I am struggling to sort out the PT boost . WOT is all good , it just overboosts on PT @ approx 30 % throttle .

I played with KFLDIMX and KFLDRL with minimal luck , it shoots up to 1.5 bar on PT in some cases . Its not requesting that much boost , that I know hence the overboost code ..

Back to the drawing board I guess

lambda up close to turbine then the TABGBTS would be higher temp..~820'c from memory on k04 car
KFLBTS would be working then...

have you dulled down KFLDIMX where it overboosts?
what have you set the LDRXN to do?
20VTMK1

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »

Hi ,

Thanks . I swopped ecus and got an EGT . Stock file for now but all seems kosher. Time to start tuning

Keep you in the loop
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: