Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Idle and gear engagement with light flywheel and sinter clutch  (Read 35024 times)
dream

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »

Altough I cannot get the right resolution in ECUxPlot, must be the filtering?

EDIT:
Got something already.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:20:00 PM by dream » Logged
prj

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 01:12:02 AM »

You are flooding it. 7ms injection time at 1000 rpm???

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
dream

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 01:19:30 AM »

I believe this comes from FKKVS, which I adjusted in the first place and resulted into a better response of the engine.

See the pics below

Some additional info about my setup:
Wiseco pistons
Pauter conrods
Dahlbeck intake manifold
ATP exhaust manifold
Garrett GT2871R 0.64 A/R
Cat cams 268 degrees intake cam / 258 degrees ex
3" exhaust front to back w/o cat
Siemens DEKA 630cc injectors
4,5kg flywheel
Spec sinter raceclutch  stage3 i thought (single disc)
Stock MAF
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:25:22 AM by dream » Logged
dream

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »

Finally its getting better but I am not still there yet.
I've 0-ed between 60 and 100 degrees C in KFBAKL which resulted in a likely 3ms inj on 1000 rpm. I also put back stock FKKVS and adjusted on idle.

The engine doesnt not stalls anymore buuuut Its still not how I want to have it, because its still lacking at 500rpm and raises up again to 1000.

Are there any other Fueling maps besides KFBAKL and FKKVS which I can adjust for low rpm settings? Or any other suggestions?

dream

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2016, 03:10:08 PM »

I just read in functionsrahmen KFBAKL is for acceleration and KFVAKL is for deceleration, so I will adjust KFVAKL also and log what it does.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:12:11 PM by dream » Logged
dream

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2016, 01:52:57 PM »

Engine not really stalling anymore, but I am still with the issue that the rpm drops to low before picking up again.
Somehow its still injecting even when the throttle blade is fully closed.

Is there any way to get this rpm drop fixed?
antoffka666

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2021, 05:06:25 AM »

Someone can help find PVDN in 4B0906018DF ?
_nameless

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2021, 07:55:36 AM »

I have a car I am working on with a sinter clutch and a flywheel, that is 2x lighter than stock.
This is a ME7.5...

What I have done so far, is increased KFMRES and KFMRESK. This helped in that the clutch can be let off carefully without the car stalling.

However, what I have not fixed yet, is rev oscillation when releasing the clutch and giving the car some throttle.
Because the clutch barely slips at all, it will catch and then release, the revs will overshoot then undershoot, and it goes into a resonance loop. Eventually the engine stalls unless you push the clutch in. I lowered the sensitivity of KFPED and that helped. Because the engine is almost rigidly bolted to the chassis, I increased the idle to 1000 rpm, as any lower there is very strong vibration through the chassis.

I wonder what I should be attacking next. The idle itself is good now, but taking off from a start and especially reverse gear could be significantly improved.
This is not technically idle, it is very low load and engaging-disengaging clutch and revs oscillating.
One thing I should probably look at is ARMD (I have just disabled this on WOT), but any pointers would be appreciated.
Odd seeing prj asking for help Shocked

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
vladvlad

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2021, 01:36:08 PM »

Engine not really stalling anymore, but I am still with the issue that the rpm drops to low before picking up again.
Somehow its still injecting even when the throttle blade is fully closed.

Is there any way to get this rpm drop fixed?

HI. Do you resolved your problem? what was the problem? fkkvs , kfvakl or kfmres/k? Thanks!
prj

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »

Odd seeing prj asking for help Shocked

This was 9 years ago, did you miss that fact?
And 9 years ago I was able to log the ECU, find the problem and solve it. Then I posted the solution for everyone. 9 years later this is still used.

You weren't even on the site in 2012.

Some relevant info for thread:
Over the past 9 years I have learned that idle issues are very often the result of incorrectly tuned injectors.
Another thing that can help with light flywheels is setting SAWE to deactivate a little earlier.
And finally, in my specific case the P term needed work because the oscillation were caused by incorrect P term for flywheel weight.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 03:43:51 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »

Nothing wrong with asking a question, please dont take it as an insult.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2021, 10:45:40 AM »

This was 9 years ago, did you miss that fact?
And 9 years ago I was able to log the ECU, find the problem and solve it. Then I posted the solution for everyone. 9 years later this is still used.

You weren't even on the site in 2012.

Some relevant info for thread:
Over the past 9 years I have learned that idle issues are very often the result of incorrectly tuned injectors.
Another thing that can help with light flywheels is setting SAWE to deactivate a little earlier.
And finally, in my specific case the P term needed work because the oscillation were caused by incorrect P term for flywheel weight.
I wasn't trying to poke fun or anything about it. If anything I admire you posting your problem and working threw it to find a solution publicly. It helps the community and shows proper forum etiquette. Also for what it's worth I have been here sense 2012 too. Forgot my login credentials and an old email I couldn't get into threw iCloud.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
dream

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »

HI. Do you resolved your problem? what was the problem? fkkvs , kfvakl or kfmres/k? Thanks!

Back that time I was not having enough knownledge to known what the exact issue was.
In another thread Prj throw me to issue and that was the idle controller, which was not calibrated for my setup, to poor and caused stalling of the engine.

I managed to fix this.

Off side topic:
We are here to learn, but you need to put effort in it. That is the way to get there.

Ps. Keep the timeline in mind Wink
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:48:34 PM by dream » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: