Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Odd behaviour Ibiza Cupra BBU  (Read 13275 times)
BlackCupra

« on: September 16, 2012, 12:39:31 PM »

Hy guys,

my first post after reading alot, hoping to find an idea...

My girlfriends car, a Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T BBU seems to have an issue when tuned which is very hard to come by or to find out what causes this strange behaviour.

Since we are struggeling now almost 18 month with different tunes, different hardware, several new parts around engine which cost a little fortune, we just don't come to a solution.

Hard to make a long story short, but I try.

As we bought the car end of 2010, everything was fine. Car was stock 100%.

And then, since the very first tune, the car never was driving normal again, except some occasional situations where we flashed back to stock for logging.

Since this all started, we went through a "neverending story", tried various tuners whcih all stated that they could fix it and it would be an hardware problem.....

They suggested swapping out different parts, starting from MAF (swapped twice), N75, N112, N249, Stock BOV to "tuning BOV", exhaust system (decat), injectors, remove SAI, put BOV vacuum line directly to intake manifold, swap turbo, swap fuel pump, swap fuel filter, swap air filter, swap spark plugs, swap ignition coils and so on....

We also tested for boost leaks several times, tested and replaced control hoses, check valves and what not. Some things I surely have already forgotten in the meanwhile.

ALL of these things where done, without any noticeable changes and partly built back again, all promises from previous tuners that changing this and that will cure the problem failed.

So you might guess, that putting loads of €€€ into unnecessary new parts which actually where not broken can make a little disappointed over time, especially if  you just await to have a normal driving car.

So now to the actual situation, as seen in logs is following:

Car has 3" turboback decat, 386cc injectors and 80mm MAF, Forge intake hose, removed SAI pump, high flow air filter. (No change with stock air filter)

On WOT, the car works 100% fine, it pulls strong, no hesitations, no dips, no drwabacks in power, but, as you may see in log, part throttle is completly messed up.

We tried several file changes in the last 3 weeks a with a good friend of mine who is really taking great care and spends hours and hours of time to trigger the problem, change the mappings again and again accoring to the logs I make.

But, all changes don't lead to a clean running car, those sw changes don't look to have any affect on car's driveability and so we are still not 100% sure if it even is to trigger in software or if there is a hidden issue on the hardware which for some reason can not be found....

As I see loads of knowledgeable people around here, I hope to find a different point of view, a second opinion or maybe something what just have been overseen until now, so I would highly appreciate if some of you would look over the log.

Its mixed part throttle and 2 or 3 short WOT sections.

No DTC detected  Sad

BR, Alex

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:43:52 PM by BlackCupra » Logged
BlackCupra

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »

Well, 50+ views but no reply :-(

Anyway, took of the intake hose from compressor housing yesterday, turbo has about 0.5-0.6mm axial shaft play. Again. After about 10.000km....

Nice.

Time to upgrade in this case.

BR

Alex
professor

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »

Have you find any solution?

At a glance looks like SW problem although sometimes part throttle is ok. Car looks to run good/hard on WOT.
Do you face same symptoms with stock file? Perhaps to start from there. Do logs of course since ~0.5bar can effectively hide the problem if exists.

Those shaft plays don't think is the root of this particular problem.

Cheers.

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
BlackCupra

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:38:20 AM »

I think it is somehow related to boost/load level.

With tuning software WOT works almost perfect, only part throttle is somehow impossible to manage, hesitation and jerks occur at certain part throttle levels.

With stock software (with recalibrated 80mm MAF and 386cc injectors only) which has in general lower boost level, it also jerks/hesitates in WOT.

The only problem is, that there is no boost leak to be found, almost all solenoids and all check valves are 100% ok, been swapped several times with no change.

Only thing left over in my opinion is either a faulty part could be faulty N249 (leaking vacuum could cause the BOV to open and recirculate although it should not) or some issue with wategate-actuator. (A worn out spring could be forced open by exhaust manifold pressure)

We even checked Eeprom content to be valid and it is, and got a "genuine" OEM software ECU and Eeprom (immo) remap from dealership to go sure the base file is 100% correct and original....

Thanks for you reply professor :-)

BR

Alex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: