Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NEED XDF FOR 2000 GOLF 1.8T AWD ENGINE "PLEASE"  (Read 6486 times)
olywagoner

« on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »

BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR A DEFINITION FILE FOR TUNER PRO THAT HAS THE CHECKSUM CALCULATOR. HAVE A GOOD TUNE PROGRAM AND WILL NOT LOAD BECAUSE OF CHECKSUM ERROR. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATIED. THANKS
matchew

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:46:32 PM »

You are more likely to get help if you dont type in CAPS.
olywagoner

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:51:48 PM »

thanks. i find caps easier to read on a little screen.  know any one with the right xdf im looking for.  its for a 06A906032C ecu number.  been messing with this for months and haven't found much help.
AARDQ

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:43:21 PM »

And not sure what you mean by "and has the checksum calculator".  That's not a definition file function, that's done by an add-on for Tunerpro, MTX (among other methods).  Sounds like maybe you don't need an XDF at all.  If you ask in the Checksum Update section someone may help you (or may not since this site isn't geared towards folks who just drop by looking for a quick hand-out).  You DO need to provide the original, unmodified .bin, either grabbed off of your ECU or found in the Original ECUs section.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:45:51 PM by AARDQ » Logged
olywagoner

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »

in tuner pros default xdf file there is a checksum calculator plug in. works on default xdf, will not work on custom xdf.  so need xdf that has a working plugin for checksum.  anyway. i posted in checksum update category, to see if anyone is nice enough to help until i can get winols full version. posted ori. and mod. not looking for a handout, just new to this stuff and trying get all the information i can on what works and what doesn't by some seasoned vets like yourself. 
AARDQ

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 08:40:35 PM »

in tuner pros default xdf file there is a checksum calculator plug in. works on default xdf, will not work on custom xdf.  so need xdf that has a working plugin for checksum.  anyway. i posted in checksum update category, to see if anyone is nice enough to help until i can get winols full version. posted ori. and mod. not looking for a handout, just new to this stuff and trying get all the information i can on what works and what doesn't by some seasoned vets like yourself. 

XDF all by itself simply does not have checksum checking or update capability.  Checksum calculation is a function seperate from XDF (although it is handled through the XDF header set-up).  No plugin, no checksum update.  Simple as that.

See http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started  and especially:
http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Checksums

Maybe not an absolute, but I dare say that if you have the correct plugin and an XDF from the same family (7.1, 7.1.1, 7.5) even if it is not the "correct" XDF the checksum would calculate correctly (using MTX anyway).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:08:07 PM by AARDQ » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: