Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Failed checksum?  (Read 35635 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

I'm sure Tony will correct if needed...

It's not just NefMoto, but the protocol itself. The act of a successful flash using it clears the error flag. I know this from threads here.  Pretty fundamental to know if you're doing OBD tuning I'd say!

Sorry. I agree, it is critical to know this stuff Smiley

So: more dumb questions: The protocol used by NON bootmode flashers?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 11:32:46 PM »

I don't know 100%. take a peek at the NefMoto log to check or see if you can find the thread where Tony discussed this issue. Sorry, I'd check myself buy I'm on my phone and it's a ballache.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »

To clear the invalid checksum error code you have to flash using the VAG programming protocol and then successfully disconnect. In the KWP2000 message handler for the StopCommunication message, it handles clearing the invalid checksum error code when successful programming has occurred.

Boot mode allows you to flash the flash memory, but it doesn't do anything to the eeprom where the error codes are stored.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »

Thanks for the clarification, Tony. I need to add a note to the S4wiki to that effect.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Rick

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 03:07:02 PM »

To clear the invalid checksum error code you have to flash using the VAG programming protocol and then successfully disconnect. In the KWP2000 message handler for the StopCommunication message, it handles clearing the invalid checksum error code when successful programming has occurred.

Boot mode allows you to flash the flash memory, but it doesn't do anything to the eeprom where the error codes are stored.

Successful disconnect! That's the key then.  I reflashed a couple of times and it didn't clear the code, mustn't have disconnected buy cycled the ignition instead?

Rick
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »

Once flashing completes, you need to click the disconnect button. The disconnection process is what clears the error code.

The next release of the NefMoto flasher has changes to auto disconnect when flashing completes.

Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Rick

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »

Cool Smiley
Twiki

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »

Just wondering when Tony's new flasher will be available...?  Wink
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 12:33:04 PM »

Just wondering when Tony's new flasher will be available...?  Wink

The changes for the next release have been going and going and going. I have a stable release that just adds support for premium fast flashing, but I am still working on fixing a number of communication issues before officially releasing the next version.

robek85

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 10:28:27 PM »

Hello.

I have the same problem. I have flashed my friends car with my custom map. Car drove perfectly for five days and next morning he couldnt get it to start. we counted he had started the car 17 or 18 times before dtc came up.
i pulled of the code P0601- Internal Control Module - Memory Checksum error.

car had an unknown remap on it before that had rsa failure when cheched. also boost sensor and throtle sensor map where ff-ed and some other maps have been modified in an unusal way.
we agreed to make a whole new map from ori file from web. its a seat cupra 1.8t 180 2006 ecu 06A906032RP 371739.

map i have uploaded is attached - can someone verify checksum please?

car alows me to read/write but doest let me cleard DTC p0601.  I have read most of the threads on here regrading p0601 and im still not sure which route to go to solve it?

thank you for your help

robek85

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 10:33:26 PM »

oh yes
here's also the file which was read from car
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 11:04:04 PM »

So nobody is going to paste the output of me7sum? Just make us do the work? Or mention if the NLS script was used on it?

ECUx Plot

robek85

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 11:16:46 PM »

Hey.

winols reported chechsum ok, used two other programs to verify it both reported cheksum ok.

NLS script? (no lift shift)? 

from what i know file i modified was an original file
BlackT

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 11:57:11 PM »

Maybe ORI you downloaded is not okay, post original bin. Also flash original bin on car see what will happen
And post your mods, what did you change on bin
robek85

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2020, 12:20:08 AM »

File i used is attached.

i did flash my file again - no change
i did flash file which came with car - no change
can try ori file and see

maps in blue are the ones i changed
others that can be seen in folder my maps have been changed on map that car came with
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: