Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Logging with KWP-2000 protocol  (Read 125156 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2021, 05:16:55 PM »

edit: my post may violate license of me7logger. removing it for now.

This is why abandonware is cancer.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
R32Dude

« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2021, 04:40:21 AM »

Any chance I can convince you to write a me7logger workalike (that supports both C16 and ST10) and publish the source? Smiley

All I can do for now with certainty the ME7.1.1 ST10, because I can test it out in front of me, and I have an early version on the bench and a later one in the car. 
If I was a proper programmer like many on here I could study ME7logger with IDA and implement it in my logger, but I can't, as my skills are weak at assembler. But I did notice that the principle is exactly the same in both although some of the commands he used
did not seem to work on the ST10.
Making it work on all ME7s, not just a few is the challenge I would face, and not having an ecu on bench is a massive disadvantage.
Here is a screenshot of the logger; well its the bells and whistles one I needed to make, still just for testing, but most of it will disappear for the final version. It works with a blue dumb cable.  The source code will be released for sure.
R32Dude

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2021, 04:44:09 AM »

The logger is still going well. I've just been ironing out a few things. I will probably limit it to 40 variables but 50 gave it no problem on the bench. The logger scans for a  large chunk of free RAM (00)  far away from data and writes the new RAM variables there. It scans for the original pointer and redirects it to the new address. I'm using the RAM in the lower regions  as the 380000 RAM takes about 2 minutes to lose its memory after powering down, making testing tedious.
Unfortunately, I still haven't managed to increase the baud rate.
The command 108663, which is apparently for 56000, is accepted by the ECU but then all communication stops. I tried sending $00,$01,$F1 $55 $70  but I just get echos back and eventually get disconnected. Its as if its waiting for some special character or something from the computer. There is nothing in the me7 FR and the there are no specifics in the MED9 FR I could find about the special baud command.The 1086 is well documented everywhere but 1086XX is an enigma.
Also tried getting into the weaker security access level  3/4  to see what it offers but after having tried adding all sorts of numbers to the seed  to make the key, and getting rejected, I gave up. A few I tried  were $40,$00011170,KLOGIN, SLOGIN. Is there a simple way of finding it in the bin file?   Or would a scan through the RAM reveal the key?

Next is the boring task of converting the numbers into values and saving them. I'm now remembering why the last program I wrote was back  in 96, with VB3....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:55:40 AM by OZZIE1 » Logged
prj

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2021, 08:58:05 AM »

Stupid question, but after you switch to new baud, are you sure you are also changing the parameters of the port to accommodate the new baud rate?
I implemented some of this stuff about 10 years ago and I am 100% sure I did not have any issues switching baud rate.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2021, 05:35:46 AM »

Stupid question, but after you switch to new baud, are you sure you are also changing the parameters of the port to accommodate the new baud rate?
I implemented some of this stuff about 10 years ago and I am 100% sure I did not have any issues switching baud rate.

Yeah, I change the setting straight after receiving the 5086. Mind you, the VCDS Turbo button also freezes up on these ecus. Im not sure if vcds uses the same method. BTW  Do you know if security level 3/4 opens doors to anything more than level 1/2 does?

prj

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »

Security question is odd - if it lets you $2C random memory areas and WriteByMemoryAddress also works then what else do you want to accomplish?
Baud can be changed without any security access IIRC. You have some issue in your code.

Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2021, 05:57:58 AM »

I don't use any security for the logger! - so long as I dont try to change the baud rate that is, cause the108663 command for 56000 needs sec level 1/2 which the forum helped me crack.
 Without sec level  1/2 first, I get error 33. It might be an st10 issue that c166 dont have. I dont have a ME7.1.1 c166 to try so wouldnt have a clue if  all 7.1.1s need sec access or not to change baud.  Perhaps its ME7 that dont need security to change baud?

Sec level 3/4 i dont know much about, that's why I asked!
Why have 2 levels of security? What does it allow that 1/2 doesnt? It might be handy to know...

So, atm, if I leave it at 10400, I have no need for any seed/key for the logger.
10400 might be quick enough - got to see final samples per sec after the conversion and saving of 40 variables to a file. A quick test indicates that it will be the ECU that will be the bottle neck, as I can process 35 variables and save them at about 500Hz.
 What is a regarded as a reasonable sample rate for tuning? Is 10Hz enough?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 07:07:01 AM by OZZIE1 » Logged
prj

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2021, 09:59:46 AM »

Changing baud rate does not need security access.
Dev session does.

You can request the default KWP session, then you should be able to switch baud.

Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2021, 06:41:36 AM »

I gave up on baud rate, I just can't get it to work.
On the bright side, I changed the ecu in the Mk5 R32  car and took the first log.
I posted a snipped done at WOT. I don't know how to tune as yet, but at a glance all the numbers seem to have been converted properly?
There are too many significant figures for realistic accuracy, but will drop it to 2 decimal places next time. Hopefully it is compatible with Ecuxplot, I cant test that as I only have Win7 32 bit laptop ATM.
Can anyone see something that doesn't look right?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 07:00:38 AM by OZZIE1 » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2021, 09:08:13 AM »

I gave up on baud rate, I just can't get it to work.
On the bright side, I changed the ecu in the Mk5 R32  car and took the first log.
I posted a snipped done at WOT. I don't know how to tune as yet, but at a glance all the numbers seem to have been converted properly?
There are too many significant figures for realistic accuracy, but will drop it to 2 decimal places next time. Hopefully it is compatible with Ecuxplot, I cant test that as I only have Win7 32 bit laptop ATM.
Can anyone see something that doesn't look right?

does not work in ecuxplot for me
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2021, 10:31:43 PM »

ecuxplot looks for certain headers to decide what format the log is.

That log doesn't have any of the things ecuxplot looks for to detect ME7Logger files, if thats what you intend to be compatible with.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
R32Dude

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2021, 04:59:37 AM »

ecuxplot looks for certain headers to decide what format the log is.

That log doesn't have any of the things ecuxplot looks for to detect ME7Logger files, if thats what you intend to be compatible with.

I see, so out of the pic below which lines does Ecuxplot always require? Anything else it looks for?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2021, 10:23:03 AM »

It looks for ME7-Logger

ECUx Plot

R32Dude

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2021, 06:35:03 AM »

Can someone please test the attached file for ecuxplot compatability.
I made it look more like some csv files I found on here. Some had  quotation marks around the descriptions so I put those in too.
Blazius

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2021, 11:08:15 AM »

Can someone please test the attached file for ecuxplot compatability.
I made it look more like some csv files I found on here. Some had  quotation marks around the descriptions so I put those in too.

It works, however the filter doesnt work possibly because you didnt log pedal pos% ?Good job.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: