Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Am I doing this right? Somone who can see a map/value and identify it.  (Read 7905 times)
warpedhalo

Hey there... i am working on making a file for my car (but eventually for everyone) for a 1.8t kbox. I do not know what I am doing though... I'm basically doing what I'm told... so I would like to make sure i'm not messing everything up.

What I did so far was to import the maps from Tony's 1.8 fbox .ols into my kbox .bin and then started renaming them and changing the starting addresses based on the addresses that spen found for me. But, of course I worked for about 2 hours before I realized that I may be doing it wrong and should have someone check this out before I continue.

So, if anyone is good enough to know what values/maps should look like, could you please take a look over this file for me and give me an idea if I'm doing this right or if I'm wasting my time? Any maps that I defined are in english btw... the german ones should be wrong.

That does remind me though, if I do not change all of these maps will the ECU care? Say "german map 1" has an address that is not right or maybe overlaps a map that I have defined, will that mess anything up?

So, I included spen's list too, because there are a TON of german maps, and it's hard to even find an english one, so here is what I edited if I could find it along with my .ols file.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 05:03:07 AM by warpedhalo » Logged
Rick

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:17:38 AM »

What you are doing sounds fine.

However, I wouldn't use WinOLS in this case, it isn't the nicest interface.

Instal TunerPro, and have a look at an Mbox bin together with Mbox XDF.  You can then have a look what the maps look like to familiarise yourself. 

Then, start editing the XDF info map by map with the addresses Spen generated for you.  First ignore the axis info, and change the data address.  Load in your bin, and then open the map.  If it looks like a map then great, if it looks like garbage then something is wrong.

The axis are a little harder.  Certain axis are used across multiple maps, and are harder to find.  Spen is working on a way to identify all the maps and create and XDF automatically. 

However, the axis are likely to be the same or similar across the different 1.8T boxes so even if the yare not displayed in your particular XDF, you know what they are from the WinOLS file. 

You can save/edit a file with only a partially created XDF, as long as you are only editing the parts that you have defined properly.  E.g., if you make an XDF that only diplays the LAMFA map, and the rest are garbage, then you can still edit and save the LAMFA map. 

Rick
ArgDub

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »

The file I sent you, wasn't made by Tony lol... Told you can export the maps from F ecu and change addresses with the ones provided by Spen but there is no reason to import all maps, just the maps you need.
Maps you define in winols or TunerPro are labels that help us to organize data so we can see data in a human readable way, they dont change your file. Just make sure when you change a value, that map is defined properly.

Rick, agree that winols isn't the nicest interface, but I gave him that dam file because is close to his bin, equal map length, similar map location and same conversion factor. He only have to export/import the maps and change address.

Guillermo.
warpedhalo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:14:21 PM »

Oh man, I should have definately done this first ha ha... honestly I hate WinOLS... it's not user friendly at all. I was eventually going to try to learn to make an .xdf anyhow, since I wanted to use TunerPro. Looks like I should just do that. I filled out a ton of WinOLS maps that I didn't think were necessary too, like a bunch of stuff having to do with the A/C... oh well. Maybe I should just come up with a list of the important maps and request them from spen. I know his last set of maps did include axsi information. I just keep mailing him right when i think I know waht I need and I learn like 5 minutes later that I'm just asking for sumb stuff. I'm the kind of guy that is going to get him to the point where he isn't going to want to deal with people.

So, before I mail him again, I'm going to come up with my list of important maps and have people verify that I'm on the right track...

To Spen and ArgDub, if you're reading this by chance, thanks for dealing with my noob crap. I appreciate it. If I get this .xdf thing right i will have my file on here for everyone, and possibly even do some for other ECUs (as long as smarter people verify them first ha ha).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:15:53 PM by warpedhalo » Logged
warpedhalo

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »

Ok, I made up a list here (attached). Went through the Wiki and got those map names and went through the forum here (tuning section at least) and got maps that were talked about. If there are any that need to be included please let me know.

I'm not sure that all of these maps will even be used for me, since I have a 1.8t, but maybe this list may help others? I like to think that others will learn from my stupidity lol... that may be too hopeful though. Let me know your input.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:31:06 PM by warpedhalo » Logged
warpedhalo

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:11:20 AM »

Ok, I think that I'm getting the .xdf stuff down, I'll let you guys decide how I'm doing. I am glad i did the .xdf instead of the .ols, it's easier to use and a lot cheaper! But somepne please verify the first few maps for me if you could. The ones that I have modified have descriptions (then map names). The unmodified ones have no map names and are in a list with their map names in a seperate file.

The other file that I included are maps that I could not find in spen's readout for me, I would like someone to look over the list to see if any of them are important enough to add to my list of needed map addresses. If not, I'll just delete them!

Thanks gain guys!
Rick

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:31 AM »

Not looked at your XDF,

but the maps in your txt file don't need to be touched, so don't worry about those.

Rick
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: