Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: EDC15C6 MB 320cdi  (Read 16763 times)
steinkr

« on: November 06, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »

Hi guys!
I work at a university in Norway. Here we are planning to build a engine test facility. It is supposed to be used for emission research and student demonstrations.
And therefore i have bought a OM613 engine from a E320cdi -2000.
It's supposed to run against a water brake (without a transmission) and controlled/monitored from a computer.
The problem is to get it to start! I have the electronic key and electronic unit. But when i asked bosch, they said that without the transmission, the engine won't start. So i did a research on ECU flashing, and was told by editecu.com to buy Galletto flasher and send the ECU data to them for reprogramming.
Bought the ECU flasher, but it did not communicate with the ECU To be sure the ECU was actually working, i tested with ProScan (which i had experience with from before) and managed to read the throttle position, MAF, MAP and so on.
I got another suggestion from ecuedit.com that i should open the ECU and then connect a pin on the flash to ground, to force some boot-mode or something. No luck.
Got in contact with a guy that offered to come and watch my setup, but got an e-mail a little later when he had done some research, and told me that the immobilizer is fucking with me since i dont have the instrument cluster.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? De-solder the flash and buy another flasher tool? Or is an aftermarket ECU the only solution?

prj

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »

This should be EDC15, immo can be turned off in the ECU.

Try to use 12V and see if you can connect with Galletto. 14V is too much.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
steinkr

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »

Happy news! I finally managed to read out the ECU. 12 volt works better Cheesy Thanks!

Can someone look at the file for me? If you think you can fix the program, give me a price offer for the job. Smiley

http://folk.ntnu.no/steinks/MB/EDC15C6%20MB320cdi
http://folk.ntnu.no/steinks/MB/14.jpg
http://folk.ntnu.no/steinks/MB/15.jpg
http://folk.ntnu.no/steinks/MB/Galletto.png

prj

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:08:54 AM »

For disabling the immobilizer please read the EEPROM chip.
Right now you have read the flash, but you must read the EEPROM...

You will have to use a test clip or desolder it and put it into a programmer.
After that it will be possible to help you to disable immo.

Then you can see if it will start... A fault code reader would come very much in handy too, so you can report which error codes the ECU is throwing.
At least a generic OBD II one.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:10:37 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
steinkr

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

I see!
Do you have a programmer to recommend? One with a test clip sounds easy, if that is possible.
prj

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:18:47 PM »

I use the GQ-4X, but I am not intimately familiar with diesel ECU's and what chip they use for EEPROM storage.
Try to find the chip that you have to read - high probability that it will be a serial EEPROM in a SOIC-8 package.
After that pick a programmer that supports it.

Test clip might sound enticing, but there is a chance it will not work - depends on the board.
Desoldering is quite easy anyway with hot air.

Log your car properly.
steinkr

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:23:43 PM »

Its a 24C02. I have bought a programmer and a clip from ebay. Stay tuned Wink Failure, here i come Tongue
steinkr

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 02:38:25 AM »

I have now read the IMMO data, EEPROM ST95P08. What modifications should i make?

http://folk.ntnu.no/steinks/MB/ST95P08_original.bin
Bazil_mb

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »

Hi,
You can immo off this ECU.But for shure if you have EIS, ELV. and CDI control unit you start engine.transmission control unit cut the starter with a RED contact. Normaly if you have Star diagnosis with developer mode ,you can set manual transmission in eprom
steinkr

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »

I have kind of given up the original ECU.
I have now received a Bosch Motorsport ECU.
steinkr

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »

I have got the engine running with an aftermarket ecu from bosch motorsport. MS15.1.

But i have got an issue with the injectors.
I can't figure out the correct calibration of the fuel delivery. Nobody seem to have these specs. I have tried to calibrate them myself, with an air-driven high-pressure pump (2300 bar), new pressure sensor (3000 bar), injector driver (from national instruments) and a weight scale. Did not go so well as when the pressure is over 500 bar its almost like fumes coming out of the injector, hard to read the weight.
Can anybody help me with this? Anybody know where i can get this information? Is it possible to read the from the original ECU, as i have the read-out from that?

Thanks!
prj

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 03:29:12 PM »

Of course it is possible to read from original ecu...

Log your car properly.
steinkr

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 02:59:15 AM »

ok, but how? someone wanna help?
prj

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 12:18:40 AM »

Can help, but don't have time to do this for free. Especially when information on how to do this is available on some forums (ecuconnections for example).
You need to find the injector duration map(s) and transfer them to your new ecu.

Log your car properly.
steinkr

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 08:44:47 AM »

Currently i got the injector map. But I'm also interested in torque limit, smoke map and begin of injection.
Name your price!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: