Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: immobilizer flash on non immo ecu  (Read 28246 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 04:21:20 AM »

I'll open them both up and photograph the boards for everyone. Be a couple days!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 07:14:23 AM »

I was asked to post this by another member, vag tacho and ept for the cable.

NOTE! Vag tacho only works with their drivers. You must use the EPT in order to install the USB-KLINE INTERFACE drivers. (or rewrite the driver, but I'm not going into that).

With everything I just posted you can have one single cable for nefmoto, galletto, vag-tach0, vag commander, and pretty much anything else that requires a dumb kkl cable.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:36:30 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »

dd:

I can't seem to get any of these working with my B5S4 (2001)... am i missing something?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »

dd:

I can't seem to get any of these working with my B5S4 (2001)... am i missing something?

Hey nye, did you edit the tester file in the root for the com port of your device? I'm only talking about vag-tacho, but I'm assuming that's which one your referring.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »

Yes-vag-tacho requires you to set the com port in the tester.ini file (located in the program directory-wherever you unzipped to). Just open it in notepad and change it to the port your cable is using. Then, under connection, select K-line (not can-bus). That'll get it all working. The instructions are vague (maybe in another language-it's been a while!)

channel 07 (kombi) is instrument cluster!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:12:19 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 03:27:10 AM »

Ok. Ill give it another shot tomorrow.

stupid question: what is the ept for?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 04:19:39 AM »

The ept file is for dumb cable along with the other programs from here;
 http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2963.msg28885#msg28885

You can use Mprog3.5 to read/write (ept.file) the FTDI chip in a 409.1 cable so it can work with multiple programs. ddillenger was kind enough to supply us with his ept.files that are working with his cable(s)/programs.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
ddillenger

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 08:14:22 AM »

The ept is basically the cables fingerprint. Putting the ept from one cable onto another makes it a clone. For instance-vag-tacho requires a specific driver to work. Unless the cable has the "USB to KLINE interface" driver installed, it wont work. You cant just install the driver as it'll tell you that the driver contains no information for your device. The ept changes the device details to accept alternate drivers.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
s5fourdoor

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 07:54:35 PM »

ddillenger, great thread.  let me ask you a naive question.  i have a 2000 s4 originally with an a-box, now running a m-box.  neither the cluster nor ecu are immo, and actually i don't care about having immo.

what i do care about is getting the k-box rs4 file to run on my car.  in fact, i'd really like to use the q-box bin from japan with stuff turned off from the factory (and any resultant factory retunes).

can i take the bin on this forum which obviously is from an immo-car and make it so i don't get the non-sense message:  "engine start blocked by immobilizer" DTC?

i re-read the thread and it's not clear if this can be done.  i don't wish to make a bench harness, nor to have to use a bench-harness ever.
i just want to dis-able or fake-out the ecu to not caring about the lack of immo's presence, and thus not turn my engine off with rs4 programming i want to run totally stock.  (with MAF/throttle adjustments and maybe another wire for the other variable cam timing control).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:58:34 PM by nehalem » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 09:04:16 PM »

All you have to do is write the immo-off bin to the ecu in bootmode one time. Once you do that, the rs4 file will run fine, and allow flashing via OBD. Use argdubs tool to do so!

I actually made a fairly decent writeup detailing a lot of the immobilizer functions, it's been stickied in the flashing and chipping section (posted a link below). It should answer any and all questions. Any additional questions, feel free to ask!

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2973.0title=

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 12:55:11 AM »

ddillenger, great thread.  let me ask you a naive question.  i have a 2000 s4 originally with an a-box, now running a m-box.  neither the cluster nor ecu are immo, and actually i don't care about having immo.

what i do care about is getting the k-box rs4 file to run on my car.  in fact, i'd really like to use the q-box bin from japan with stuff turned off from the factory (and any resultant factory retunes).

can i take the bin on this forum which obviously is from an immo-car and make it so i don't get the non-sense message:  "engine start blocked by immobilizer" DTC?

i re-read the thread and it's not clear if this can be done.  i don't wish to make a bench harness, nor to have to use a bench-harness ever.
i just want to dis-able or fake-out the ecu to not caring about the lack of immo's presence, and thus not turn my engine off with rs4 programming i want to run totally stock.  (with MAF/throttle adjustments and maybe another wire for the other variable cam timing control).

At the risk of provoking prj and derailing this thread further, what do you expect to gain from running an RS4 file?

Have you upgraded to alot of RS4 parts? IMO, there are far too many hardware differences for a casual switch.

I think that it's best to adapt the S4 file.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »

The ept file is for dumb cable along with the other programs from here;
 http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2963.msg28885#msg28885

You can use Mprog3.5 to read/write (ept.file) the FTDI chip in a 409.1 cable so it can work with multiple programs. ddillenger was kind enough to supply us with his ept.files that are working with his cable(s)/programs.

Will this mess with the NEF moto licencing?

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »

In short, yes.

BUT

If you try to use the cable with the wrong EPT (ept contains all cable data-serial number, protocol, etc), premium features won't work, but as long as you read and parse your cable, and save the configuration file PRIOR to changing anything (same as backing up your flash first!) you can put it back on the cable in 3 seconds, and the cable will work again.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
quattroGmbH

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »

Dave/Nehalem

I have wanted to try the Q or K-box with an immo-off eeprom flash since back when you thought it was cracked, but have not had time to get the bootmode setup due to many other life and car problems.  Here is the eeprom immo-off file I had in my archives, found in another thread here months ago, I think RS4boost made it.

I have not tried it so buyer beware!  As is always a good idea, you should make a back up of your eeprom before flashing this.
jibberjive

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 12:21:57 AM »

I (today) successfully put Immo2 on my 2000 a6 (didn't come stock with immo). The oem keys already had rfid chips, the reader was on the ignition barrel. The only part required was an immo-equipped instrument cluster
 The immobilizer box is contained inside the immo2 clusters, (whereas immo3 uses a separate box) and is not present clusters from cars that didn't come equipped with the immobilizer. There are hardware differences (at least between the 00 a6 with no immo, and the 01 that had it) preventing you from just flashing the non-immo cluster with the immo-cluster bin.
I'll open them both up and photograph the boards for everyone. Be a couple days!
Is it immo2 or immo3 clusters that you have to take pictures of (I assume immo2 because that's what you a6 has?)?  Any chance you had time to snag those pics?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: