Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Finally figured out why I've been running so rich  (Read 21338 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:22 AM »

Phila, can you elaborate on this

Parameter        Location        Original(hex)        Original(dec)        New(hex)        New(dec)
ESKONF      10C7A      00      0      C0      192
ESKONF (M box)      10C7B      F3      243      FF      255
ESKONF (L box)      10C7B      C3      195      CF      207

Are there 2 locations for eskonf in each bin? The first address is good for both m and l box, whereas the 2nd and 3rd are specific to m or l?

As in the code @ 2 locations per bin must be changed, or?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
masterj

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 07:59:04 AM »

Parameter        Location        Original(hex)        Original(dec)        New(hex)        New(dec)

Are there 2 locations for eskonf in each bin? The first address is good for both m and l box, whereas the 2nd and 3rd are specific to m or l?

ESKONF is different on each ecu... And by different I mean byte order (I'm stuck trying to identify correct order of bytes in my file)

phila_dot

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 09:31:43 AM »

Parameter        Location        Original(hex)        Original(dec)        New(hex)        New(dec)

Basically, the bit pairs for the S2 B1 and S2 B2 heaters need to be set. One pair is bits 6 and 7 at 10C7A and the other is bits 2 and 3 at 10C7B.

I tried to simplify it by just showing the required changes in hex and decimal values, but that required differentiating between the M box and L box because bits 4 and 5 are clear at 10C7B in the L box and those bits are set in the M box. I'd have to check my notes tell you which power stage they represent. 10C7A is identical in both files so no differentiation was required.
ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »

Leaving CLRHKA and all of the error classe without change?

Thanks again.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »

Leaving CLRHKA and all of the error classe without change?

Thanks again.

Yup...they don't matter at all after the codeout is done as I described.
ddillenger

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 10:22:52 AM »

Alright. I modified an xdf to remove the error classes from the Emissions DTC (and Exhaust gas temperature DTC) category, and added the bits that were absent prior.

Maybe it'll be useful? Take a look if you get a chance, make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks phila, appreciate you taking the time to explain eskonf.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:29:35 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »

Thanks phila. s4wiki updated.

Have you had a chance to look at masterj's rear o2/egt model stuff.. i've copied it to the s4wiki but haven't tried them out?

Here is the summary I got from him:

ATM:

ZATMIKML = 1
    ZATMIKKML = 1
    TABGMEX = F(max)
    TIKATMOE = 0
    ZATMKML = 1
    ZATMKKML = 1
    TKATMOE = 0

(above maps can be skipped IF diagnostic functions DLSH, DLSAHK, DHLSHK, DSLSLRS, DKATLRS are disabled AND LAMBTS, LRSKA, BBSAWE, LRSHK are fixed as shown further down. But personally I would set these maps anyway to do a *proper fix*, so even me7 logger would log tkatm_w = tikatm_w = tabgm)

CWKONABG.0 = 0
    TKATW = F(max)

LAMBTS (1. use temperature in exhaust manifold for BTS enrichment instead of precat 2. Enable LAMBTS only on high exhaust manifold temperatures - ignore cat/precat temperatures):

CWLAMBTS.2 = 1
    DTBTS = 0
    TKATBTS = F(max)
    TIKATBTS = F(max)

LRSHK (to disable postcat o2 correction):

CLRSHK.0 = 1
    CLRSHK.1 = 1

LRSKA (to disable "cat cleaning" function):

CLRSKA.0 = 0

BBSAWE (1. disable unneeded cat related cut-off latency 2. Do not disable cut-off based on cat temp)

KFTVSAKAT = 0
    TKATSA = F(max)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
savages4

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 02:49:34 PM »

So this is the map I have been running and I believe it has all the latest o2/egt deletes done properly however I have not touched the ESKONF map.  I was under the impression we had to leave the EGTs plugged in even with the current deletes, has this changed?
ddillenger

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »

See the attached photo. The compare bin has the proper values.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
savages4

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »

Don't we only change the (M) version of ESKONF one though if we are running m-box?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: