Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Requested Boost the same as Actual Boost?  (Read 25822 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 10:36:59 PM »

I know you're saying it wasn't in limp, but there is a difference between Soft limp vs hard limp-unless you're accustomed to driving the car, you might not be aware it's even happening. All I'm saying is in order to properly dial something in you should be certain everything is working together. You wouldn't try to tune a guitar that's missing a string would you?

I love your project,and the direction it's heading. Keep up the good work.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
britishturbo

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 11:23:32 PM »

I know you're saying it wasn't in limp, but there is a difference between Soft limp vs hard limp-unless you're accustomed to driving the car, you might not be aware it's even happening. All I'm saying is in order to properly dial something in you should be certain everything is working together. You wouldn't try to tune a guitar that's missing a string would you?

I love your project,and the direction it's heading. Keep up the good work.

Ha! I love the guitar analogy. I play guitar lol.

Point taken. I'm really more doing shake down runs than fine tuning right now anyway. Tomorrow I'll be working in n my exhaust and tracking down the bugs :-)
britishturbo

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »

So I still can't get my MAP sensor to work.
I've tried 2 different S4 sensors and even a generic Motorola 4250 sensor hooked up and I get the same issue.
After a few starts I get a check engine light for the MAP sensor, and the logs show the desired boost to be the same as actual.
I have checked the harness, I have continuity to the ECU on the output (pin 4) and I have 5V between pin 1 and 3.
Bad ECU maybe? About the only thing I have left to try!

The only other thing I see is that using VAGCOM looking at measuring block 115 I see what looks like values for ActualBoost. Is this just a simulated number or is this supposed to show the sensor reading?
If it's showing sensor reading why would the logs from me7logger and the CEL both say there is a problem?

Hmmmm. Help or ideas appreciated!
Thanks.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 09:28:44 PM »

Stupid question: you do know there is a MAP limit, right?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
britishturbo

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »

Stupid question: you do know there is a MAP limit, right?

lol yes!
Using someones awesome me7logger app I get identical values for both actual and requested everywhere . Which is what. I understand the ecu will do with no map signal.
phila_dot

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 09:34:15 PM »

lol yes!
Using someones awesome me7logger app I get identical values for both actual and requested everywhere . Which is what. I understand the ecu will do with no map signal.

Disconnected MAP == FFFF
britishturbo

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »

Disconnected MAP == FFFF

I read an audi document that says it will use an assumed value in that case though. Hmmmm.
I just want my map to work haha
phila_dot

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »

I read an audi document that says it will use an assumed value in that case though. Hmmmm.
I just want my map to work haha

Maybe you are just that good  Grin

Your codes aren't open circuit anyway. I have never seen or heard of requested and actual being the exact same. I can check the code for those DTC's and see the cause and reaction at some point.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »

Can you log and or graph just requested vs actual please.  I am kinda color blind.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
britishturbo

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 09:46:41 PM »

Maybe you are just that good  Grin

Your codes aren't open circuit anyway. I have never seen or heard of requested and actual being the exact same. I can check the code for those DTC's and see the cause and reaction at some point.

Haha I would appreciate it!
britishturbo

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »

Can you log and or graph just requested vs actual please.  I am kinda color blind.

I will do that later for you.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 09:50:17 PM »

this is a very strange issue FWIW, i have never seen it, especially after replacing the map sensor.

in block 115 of vag-com you should be able to see requested vs actual.  maybe try that to ensure something isnt up with your logging apps as vag-com is kinda like old faithful.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
britishturbo

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »

this is a very strange issue FWIW, i have never seen it, especially after replacing the map sensor.

in block 115 of vag-com you should be able to see requested vs actual.  maybe try that to ensure something isnt up with your logging apps as vag-com is kinda like old faithful.

I did that today but just sitting still. Not under load. I'll try that tomorrow. 
But I have map sensor CELs...
britishturbo

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »

Here ya go:

And the data:

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »

Wow that is strange.

Can you post your ME7L def/ecu/cfg files?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: