Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Complete noob question, regarding pulling a bin. file  (Read 17662 times)
micahmr2

« on: January 03, 2013, 01:29:13 PM »

Hello, I've been poking around for a while and have finally taken the time to at least try and log my car going through the complete how to guide on Audizine which brings me here. The one step mentions to pull my bin file from my car to make a template. I have Nefmoto installed with the cable (ebay) driver installed and can read faults and the control module. Here's where I'm not sure what to do. Me being not the most computer savy I don't really see anything that correlates to pull, copy or extract bin file. I have a 2000 S4 stage 3, with an Allroad module flashed by a local tuner. Since it's flashed can I even pull the bin file? I have noticed the car is using fuel and has lost performance so I'm looking to diagnose it. I'm not interested in messing with the tune and definetely don;t want to be left with a non running car. I'd like to do this as safely as possible. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks, Micah
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »

Open nefmoto. Select the KWP2000 FLASHING tab (next to logging). Select a memory layout (29f800bb). Click FULL READ FLASH. Click YES when prompted. When it finishes reading it will prompt you to enter a name and destination to save the BIN you just pulled from your ecu.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »

If it is protected or encrypted, nefmoto won't pull it.

You'll have to figure out which box it is (VAGCOM can do this) and download the approprate stock image from here

http://nyet.org/cars/files/stock/

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
micahmr2

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »

Man you guys are quick! Thanks. I'll try it tonight or tomorrow morning. It did list a part number on the screen if I remember correctly.
micahmr2

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:00 AM »

OK, I got the bin file from the tuner and now when I go through I get an error " cannon find specific path" so after reading through every single thread here and on Audizine, there was an instruction if you have that error to read the "read me" section which I did but can't seem to get the command prompts right to create the ECU file. In the quick start it says set the path, which seemed to go through, when I type in the ME7info C:\Binaries\my_binary.bin  it stats ME7info is not recognized as a internal or external command. Any help would be great. I'm new to this so be easy on me. I'm sure my command directions are not correct.
prj

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »

That means you are not located in the correct directory. Simple.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chusedos.htm - read this.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 12:56:20 PM »

In the quick start it says set the path, which seemed to go through, when I type in the ME7info C:\Binaries\my_binary.bin  it stats ME7info is not recognized as a internal or external command.

You did not set up the PATH correctly.

Where is your ME7Info.exe located?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
micahmr2

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 02:01:41 AM »

C:\Program Files\ME7Logger_DIST_02042012_v1.17\bin  Is the the location where ME7info is. I thought I set it up correctly.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 09:18:47 AM »

Make it simple. Put me7_95040 on your desktop. Then, to read, the cmd should look like this:

desktop\me7_95040 --OBD -r -p 1 95040.bin

Obviously desktop will be preceded by your directory, but that will be done for you.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »

C:\Program Files\ME7Logger_DIST_02042012_v1.17\bin

Did you add that to your PATH environment variable correctly?

ECUx Plot

micahmr2

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 01:49:15 PM »

Now that I have read, http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chusedos.htm, I will try it again the correct way tonight. Thanks again to everyone that has been patient wit me.
micahmr2

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »

OK I got me7info to run, here is where I am. The next step in the readme doesn't work for me, I'm probably not labeling it right. See attached
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »

Why are you attaching a word doc? Just paste the output into your message.

ECUx Plot

micahmr2

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »

It was a screen print of what I as getting which showed what I was typing in and the view of the directory.

Me7info has run and list the options available. I'm then supposed to

"Feed your ecu's binary to the ME7Info tool, this will generate your characteristics file in the ecus-directory, e.g.:
     ME7Info  C:\Binaries\my_binary.bin"

I have my ecu binary stored in the ME7logger folder labeled as 8D0907551A.bin

If I do the above and use my location for my bin which is
C:\Program Files\ME7Logger_DIST_02042012_v1.17\8do907551a.bin

It just brings me back to me7info subdirectory

So I'm not sure what to do now.

Hope that helps explain my screen shot.

ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »

CMD prompt isn't your strong suite, not a big deal. Just download the GUI (graphical user interface).

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: