Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ME7.5 FlexiFuel file  (Read 14936 times)
Al Capone

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 10:57:51 AM »

Thanks alot. The thread still does not discuss the right thing, but this is the closest I can find.

Ok, so the engineer that told me the car had ME7.5 was wrong. After a quick check it's ME7.1.1 and thats interesting.

I will check what ME there is in the Volvo V70 2.5FT and see if I've got a better match.

SAAB does it the easy way. There is Multiple maps (t7) one for gasoline and one for e85, and calculated on Mass Air Flow and Lambda the car know the percentage of ethanol in the tank. This works amazingly good and even at -20-degres celsius the car starts like normal...

I'll ad one Biopower file and one regular pump gas file for you to look at.

If you would have spent all this time searching instead of arguing in here then you would have found this:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2848.15

fredrik_a

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »

This works amazingly good...

Does it really? It depends on how you define good. In Sweden, car manufacturers were not forced to run emission testing on more than one fuel type (prior release of a model) when qualifying the engine if the car used multiple fuel types. Saab did their qualification (NEDC pattern) on regular petrol (naturally) but later it was tested in T7 by external institutes also on E85 with not so impressive results so either the cold start sequence is really poorly programmed by Saab from an emission point of view, or the system is not really suited for it. During normal driving conditions however, with normal engine tempearures (80-90°C) it works well.
Al Capone

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 04:03:44 PM »

I have no insight on emission, but I have owned a couple of both T7 and T8 cars and my friends have owned quite a few together and what I do know is real life testing. And at no time, has non of these cars failed to start on e75 (winter e85) no mater the temperature... The ethanol calculation is also quite fast and very accurate, the cars never misfires or behave strange in any way and you can mix up the ethanol/gasoline mixture how ever you desire.

If you look at the Golf MultiFuel for example that one don't even start on pure e75 at +5°C, then the emission on cold start play a very small roll for the one not coming to work Smiley

Does it really? It depends on how you define good. In Sweden, car manufacturers were not forced to run emission testing on more than one fuel type (prior release of a model) when qualifying the engine if the car used multiple fuel types. Saab did their qualification (NEDC pattern) on regular petrol (naturally) but later it was tested in T7 by external institutes also on E85 with not so impressive results so either the cold start sequence is really poorly programmed by Saab from an emission point of view, or the system is not really suited for it. During normal driving conditions however, with normal engine tempearures (80-90°C) it works well.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: