Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Can someone make a "DIY How to define maps" for winols.  (Read 35361 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »

LOL, just saw this topic.
Didn't think I'd have to use the same image twice in a week, but:

And:

Is all I can say.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »

The key to success for a noob here is to ask specific questions.

I personally don't have time to do write-ups and I'm sure that's the case for most of us.

Op, ask specific questions, get a general understanding, take screenshots, post them and ask questions about them, repeat until you understand the whole process. Then you can post a DIY.

f1torrents

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »

The key to success for a noob here is to ask specific questions.

I personally don't have time to do write-ups and I'm sure that's the case for most of us.

Op, ask specific questions, get a general understanding, take screenshots, post them and ask questions about them, repeat until you understand the whole process. Then you can post a DIY.

I can understand what you are saying.
And I understand the concept of what to do.
However doing it is another task all together. Especially when I have no Idea of how to "make a map"
Once I find the address from comparing to a similar file. And now I know, ok here is the address for the map in my file.

I am suppose to "make a map" or somehow define the location of this map. This is the part I don't understand.

I was able to find the top speed limit from a file and then found it in my .bin. But once I found it I was like. Humm great, how do I start to make a .ols and
tell it this new found information.

I can find map locations all day from comparing, but not knowing how to assemble a .ols is the problem.
AARDQ

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 09:42:08 AM »

Basics:  what ECU are you trying to work with?
k0mpresd

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »

making a map: highlight the area that is the map, right click, selection, map. or highlight the area and hit k.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 10:55:14 AM »

or copy/paste an existing map, and rightclick->properties and adjust the offsets, sizes, axes, etc.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
f1torrents

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »

adjust the offsets, sizes, axes, etc.

Oh good god.
That doesn't sound fun at all.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »

Oh good god.
That doesn't sound fun at all.

I still don't understand your question then. How else are you going to enter in all the axis data?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
f1torrents

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 11:18:05 AM »

Axis data? What is this axis data you speak of?

See I'm so far off knowing what to do, that's the problem.
prj

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »

I can understand what you are saying.
And I understand the concept of what to do.
However doing it is another task all together. Especially when I have no Idea of how to "make a map"
Once I find the address from comparing to a similar file. And now I know, ok here is the address for the map in my file.

I am suppose to "make a map" or somehow define the location of this map. This is the part I don't understand.

I was able to find the top speed limit from a file and then found it in my .bin. But once I found it I was like. Humm great, how do I start to make a .ols and
tell it this new found information.

I can find map locations all day from comparing, but not knowing how to assemble a .ols is the problem.

http://www.evc.de/ftp/winols/WinOLS%20HelpEn.pdf

RTFM.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
cyril279

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 06:49:19 AM »

WOW this just went full circle in a painful way.

massive thanks to those who take the time to answer questions repeatedly, continuously updating and supporting software to accommodate one 512mb vs. a 1024mb bin file, and explaining how to do all of this at CMD level. I'm finally getting past the intimidation of the casual mention of hex editing to match software to a device by manipulating the data at offset 5x9efffefffeffffef...

It just sucks when an f1torrents kind of user doesn't seem to want to put in the time reading, when so many of you have put in the time writing it down over and over and over again.

cheers
f1torrents

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:11 AM »

This was actually a massive help.
I didn't have the manual.
This is answering all of my questions.

Thanks
k0mpresd

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »

this one might help too. though, it is for diesel.
mrgixxer6

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 06:35:53 PM »

Nah people on here arent harsh  Grin  eventually ill figure this stuff out..  in the mean time, its read read, read some more and read...  ask for help get bashed, read some more hahaha.  at the end of the day we are all here because we are enthusiasts of some kind.  some of you just got a head start....  Search button is a great tool, but it can only yield so much.  and these manual links are priceless.. 
jimmcgee5

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 09:49:58 PM »

Grin well I am learning all the time  Grin , its 4.40 am here , on the nightshift in an office myself , so got all night to read and learn , oh and just sorting out 2gb of manuals in pdf to read next week when I am on the nightshift  Cheesy.

jim
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: