Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 110041 times)
Rick

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »

This is is a nice idea for hobbyists.

I think it should be focused around TunerPro as any hobbyist with OLS is likely to be (95%+) using a cracked version and isn't really helping the community.
prj

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 04:52:59 PM »

TunerPro is much more powerful than OLS anyway.
Only real reason to have it are checksums and DAMOS import.

But if you don't have DAMOS and are not working on a standard ECU, or would like to look at data in a slightly less normal way, then you are screwed.
If OLS does not provide a checksum for your ECU, you are screwed too, because it is not possible to write a custom checksum plugin.
Try viewing Smoke limiter as AFR map in OLS or calculating MLOFS into MLHFM ... not going to happen.

I wish OLS also had an ability to define custom equations referencing multiple other values, and not only offset and factor :/

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jibberjive

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »

Super cool. I'll be picking up a setup when they are available.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »

If OLS does not provide a checksum for your ECU, you are screwed too, because it is not possible to write a custom checksum plugin.
Try viewing Smoke limiter as AFR map in OLS or calculating MLOFS into MLHFM ... not going to happen.

There's a manual checksum that can be used there, if you can't include MLOFS in MLHFM then you don't know enough about OLS Cheesy

As for a smoke limiter as AFR, I doubt it's really possible, because the mg/h value for fuel needs to be relative to a mg/h worth of air, or am I getting my wires crossed here?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
prj

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »

There's a manual checksum that can be used there
That's a joke and won't work for anything non-standard. I mean writing my own .dll module.

if you can't include MLOFS in MLHFM then you don't know enough about OLS Cheesy
Yeah, hardcoding it you mean. And if you change MLOFS you have to update it each time?

As for a smoke limiter as AFR, I doubt it's really possible, because the mg/h value for fuel needs to be relative to a mg/h worth of air, or am I getting my wires crossed here?
Ever looked at what the axis is on the smoke limiter? And what the values are?
I don't know how you tune diesels, but smoke limiter is AFR/lambda rich limit, so makes sense to look at it as such.

Example:

Much better as:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:37:37 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
littco

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:27:38 AM »

Super cool. I'll be picking up a setup when they are available.

So quick update.

Adapters boards should be with me in the next day or so and I've just had an email from TP that 8bit emulation is now working, needs to be tested properly. But looking good.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 03:43:34 PM »

This is is a nice idea for hobbyists.

I think it should be focused around TunerPro as any hobbyist with OLS is likely to be (95%+) using a cracked version and isn't really helping the community.

I'm really sad that you've come to a change of heart like that.  It is completely untrue, and every time I hear that it makes me think about the jerk-off's over at chiptuners.org and their damn elitist ways of talking down to people.

People on this site have done more for the community using TunerPro & whatever version of OLS then anyone on that site or any other to be honest.  And I wouldn't be at all surprised that people on that site are using this sites info in their own tunes without even bothering to give credit.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
littco

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 04:06:52 PM »

I'm really sad that you've come to a change of heart like that.  It is completely untrue, and every time I hear that it makes me think about the jerk-off's over at chiptuners.org and their damn elitist ways of talking down to people.

People on this site have done more for the community using TunerPro & whatever version of OLS then anyone on that site or any other to be honest.  And I wouldn't be at all surprised that people on that site are using this sites info in their own tunes without even bothering to give credit.

I totally agree.
I have personally put a lot of time into this with both moates and tunerpro to get a product hopefully equally as good as winols but at £00's rather than £000's.

Hobbiest or pro . Live emulation is live emulation. You still need to know how to map and neithrt winols or tunerpro makes you a good tuner or any more capable. Whether this remains a hobbiest toy or a viable competitor to evc. The more work put into tunerpro the more powerful it becomes.

I hope with this cost effective emulator the me7 can be pushed further than it is already.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »

I know for 100% certain that a few tuners, over here in the US and over there have taken developments from here and implemented them into their files and even offered updates to old files with things.  Pretty hypocritical after all that screaming for years about how they are the wizards and they wanted to protect us from ourselves and all that bullshit.

Good news is for their customers who now have better tunes. Roll Eyes

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »

Jared, that is a given... It's impossible for one person alone to find all of the little secrets ME holds, but here as a collective people are able to work on and (un?)discover things that people would have never thought of.

The one main difference about NefMoto vs. almost ever other forum (or maybe even EVERY other forum) is that most here are genuinely doing it for the challenge and to move the platform forward.  For a long time everyone was in the dark and tuners made it seem like they were performing magic and while they kinda were, it just stopped at the basics for most.

I am absolutely looking forward to this emulator experiment.  I don't really tune for money, I just don't have the time but as long as I either own an ME car or have close friends that do I will always have something to tune/play with. 

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Rick

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »

Sad how?  Because i think that most OLS copies are pirated?  How is that saddening?  I'm all for this project because it allows people who don't do this for a living get a cost effective solution - what's wrong with that?

People do take credit for what isn't there own work, but there are 'pros' that have done some pretty advanced things that aren't on this forum.  Is that wrong?  I like to get ahead of the competition if I can in order to be financially secure as well as for the buzz!

Rick
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »

It has nothing to do with the legality of OLS.  It has to do with people thinking that if you don't own a legal copy of OLS and use TunerPro that you're not a "real tuner"

I know you know this because you're in the "pro" section on chiptuners.org, but do they or do they not accept people that use TunerPro to tune cars?  They don't, they're a bunch of stuck up people that huddle in a closed circle snickering, pointing and laughing at people willing to learn.  Tell me honestly that they don't talk shit about Nefmoto.  I bet you that you can't.  It's not just them either, it's many other circle jerk types that are in/around Motronic tuning.

Back to OLS, software piracy happens all the time.  It happens because people don't care, or people cannot genuinely afford certain programs in order to learn how to better themselves/learn something.  Is it right?  Of course not.  But that doesn't mean they should be talked down upon, especially the way people go about putting EVC's platform above anything else.  It's all a load of horse shit IMO.

ddillenger

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »

It has nothing to do with the legality of OLS.  It has to do with people thinking that if you don't own a legal copy of OLS and use TunerPro that you're not a "real tuner"

I know you know this because you're in the "pro" section on chiptuners.org, but do they or do they not accept people that use TunerPro to tune cars?  They don't, they're a bunch of stuck up people that huddle in a closed circle snickering, pointing and laughing at people willing to learn.  Tell me honestly that they don't talk shit about Nefmoto.  I bet you that you can't.  It's not just them either, it's many other circle jerk types that are in/around Motronic tuning.

Back to OLS, software piracy happens all the time.  It happens because people don't care, or people cannot genuinely afford certain programs in order to learn how to better themselves/learn something.  Is it right?  Of course not.  But that doesn't mean they should be talked down upon, especially the way people go about putting EVC's platform above anything else.  It's all a load of horse shit IMO.

I thoroughly enjoyed your thread about different level users and attitudes on chiptuners.

That is all, carry on.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »

I would have bought WinOLS a long time ago if EVC would sell it to me.

Until then, anybody who doesn't suck EVC dick and/or knows the magic handshake is stuck with TunerPro.

EVC has the weirdest sales approach ever. "No, we don't want to make money off of you".

I guess the new chiptuners definition of hobbyist is "people EVC won't sell to".

And who the fuck knows what their requirements are. I still have yet to hear anybody explain it to me in a way that makes sense.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 12:15:37 PM »

I would have bought WinOLS a long time ago if EVC would sell it to me.

Had a similar experience with very good friends of mine who's sole business for over 15 years is tuning.  I mean that is ALL they do.  EVC was beating around the bush and he had to jump through hoops to finally be "allowed" to purchase it (because I told him that for the business he is in, it's a worthwhile investment after spending over 15k Euro on other software/hardware from Italy failed miserably).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: