Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: ME7 Emulator Tested and working.  (Read 112231 times)
Bische

« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2013, 09:49:23 AM »

Look for issues on your filesystem rather than on the ECU.
I've never ever had this issue.

Btw, this emulator works just fine for 29F200 found in M3.8.3 as well, you just have to stack the file four times.

I guess its a possibility. But I did suspect that also, when I have overwritten the monitored file I have verified it was overwritten on the disk, I have verifyed the Emutility did update the flash and when I match check the emu memory its a 100% match.

I was editing LDRXN when it noticed this, really wierd.
littco

« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2013, 09:59:56 AM »

I guess its a possibility. But I did suspect that also, when I have overwritten the monitored file I have verified it was overwritten on the disk, I have verifyed the Emutility did update the flash and when I match check the emu memory its a 100% match.

I was editing LDRXN when it noticed this, really wierd.

Have you tried the tuner pro rt on it? Or are you sticking with windows and emulity?
Bische

« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2013, 10:10:19 AM »

Have you tried the tuner pro rt on it? Or are you sticking with windows and emulity?

Not yet, I need to write my definition in Tunerpro first and time isnt enough right now.
littco

« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »

Not yet, I need to write my definition in Tunerpro first and time isnt enough right now.

What Ecu you got?
Bische

« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »

What Ecu you got?

My personal? 8E0909518M
prj

« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »

Bische, mail me your OLS and I'll mail you an xdf Wink

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Bische

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:32 AM »

Are you guys checksumming or not?

Getting the plugin was not the fastest..
Axis

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2013, 12:50:03 PM »

I have big problems to start with the emulator. I often have to try 2-3 times to get the fuelpump to prime (which tells me that I can let the starter run and the car starts)
I see these faultcodes sometimes:
18057 - Powertrain Data Bus
            P1649 - 35-10 - Missing Message from ABS Controller - Intermittent
17931 - Crash Signal from Airbag Controller
            P1523 - 35-00 - Implausible Signal

I've tried 2 different ECU, with the second ecu I tried the same file and eeprom before mounting emulator to be sure that it was not a faulty ecu.
Could it be a faulty ignition switch or fuelpumprelay? The other day I noticed that I could connect with VCDS to ECU even without key in car, at first I thought it was due to testmode but it was not.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2013, 12:57:02 PM »

this maybe irrelevant but i had a similar issue with my car "which is completely gutted no radio no interior" where i could not connect to the ecu no matter what while the ignition was in the on position. I was able to connect to the ecu when the key was on the off position. I went straight to the ecu snipped the k line of the me7 plug and ran a cable to my obd port and the problem was gone.

Bische

« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2013, 12:28:58 AM »

I have big problems to start with the emulator. I often have to try 2-3 times to get the fuelpump to prime (which tells me that I can let the starter run and the car starts)
I see these faultcodes sometimes:
18057 - Powertrain Data Bus
            P1649 - 35-10 - Missing Message from ABS Controller - Intermittent
17931 - Crash Signal from Airbag Controller
            P1523 - 35-00 - Implausible Signal

I've tried 2 different ECU, with the second ecu I tried the same file and eeprom before mounting emulator to be sure that it was not a faulty ecu.
Could it be a faulty ignition switch or fuelpumprelay? The other day I noticed that I could connect with VCDS to ECU even without key in car, at first I thought it was due to testmode but it was not.

I had the same problem, wrong ECU soft coding.

Now I have problems where as I am emulating, the chksms is not updating which causes a P0606 0x28, and the car wont start until I load a WinOLS summed binary and clear the codes.

Do you have to save each time you make a change and then hit update? Am I doing it wrong?
Axis

« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »

I had the same problem, wrong ECU soft coding.
Were you able to fix the same ABS/airbag problems by changing softcoding? (or do you mean fix the same fuelpump priming problem?)
If yes, I find it a bit strange because if I use exactly the same file and eeprom (including soft coding) without emulator everything works perfect.
Now I have problems where as I am emulating, the chksms is not updating which causes a P0606 0x28, and the car wont start until I load a WinOLS summed binary and clear the codes.

Do you have to save each time you make a change and then hit update? Am I doing it wrong?
I use TunerPro in emulation mode and can click on update without saving first. Without checksums! (ecu in testmode)
Bische

« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »

Were you able to fix the same ABS/airbag problems by changing softcoding? (or do you mean fix the same fuelpump priming problem?)
If yes, I find it a bit strange because if I use exactly the same file and eeprom (including soft coding) without emulator everything works perfect.I use TunerPro in emulation mode and can click on update without saving first. Without checksums! (ecu in testmode)

Thats is strange for sure, I had one ABS code and one steering angle yada code. But my softcoding were off, had fwd coding on the emu ECU stock e2p which I used first. I corrected the softcoding and those were gone.

Yes, I can just hit update also, but if I do the ECU wont init and as you say, the fuel pump is not priming which gives it away. If I hit save first it seems to work, I have to do some more testing to verify though.

I now use my ori e2p which I changed the two immo bytes + the six bytes for coding it into test model and summed it.
carsey

« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »

Are these still available?
littco

« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2013, 06:51:57 AM »

Are these still available?

Hi,

Yes they are, the emulator is just the roadrunner, and the adaptor board is available from Moates as well. You need to ensure you have the edniam swap board.

This works very nicely with either the latest tunerpro RT or the utility that moates has..

I personally prefer using ultility as i changes the map on the fly and with corrected checksums where as tunerpro doesn't and the more you use it the more likely the ecu will brick as the checksums aren't correct, not an issue as it normally starts after an ignition recyle or worst case eeprom reflash...

carsey

« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2013, 07:11:28 AM »

Do you know how much they are roughly?  Could be interested when my car is fully up and running,
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: