Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi Manual Transmission 3B0907551 DB XDF  (Read 7799 times)
keithwbloom

« on: February 06, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »

Ideally? An XDF for the Audi/VW 2.8l 30V ATQ with electronic throttle body for manual transmission, part number 3B0 907 551 DB (Passat B5.5).

If not that, I would think that any Audi/VW XX0 907 551 ECU with electronic throttle body for manual transmission would be a good start.

Cheers!

Keith
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:11:25 AM by keithwbloom » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:46:14 AM »

You would think that any manual trans xdf would be close, but the fact is they aren't. Even if you had an xdf for a 3b0907551ba it wouldn't line up with any sort of accuracy. Best bet, make your own.

To do this you need 3 things. A flash for which there is a well defined map pack (xdf, .kp, etc), the tunerpro map analyzer tool (or a hex editor) and the definition file for the flash you're comparing to your own. Once you have these you need to start looking for patterns. You will be opening the defined bin, navigating to a known map, taking note of it's  characteristics and searching for a similar map in the flash you wish to define. It's a PITA and doesn't really work well for single byte parameters, just the maps. PRJ has a program on github that autogenerates map packs using the above method, maybe search for it? If I find it I'll post a link.

PS: It's standard practice to use the VAG number (ex: 3b0907551ab) in the title when requesting definition files. Good luck.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
keithwbloom

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 10:15:23 AM »

PS: It's standard practice to use the VAG number (ex: 3b0907551ab) in the title when requesting definition files. Good luck.

Thanks! Changed the title, though I am not holding my breath. ATQ engines with manual transmissions are not that plentiful, so I am thinking I will have to define my own.

When searching for recognizable structures, e.g. maps, are there indices in other definitions I can use for values? I am not yet sure where my starting block is for searching, perhaps a universal map present in all or nearly all ECUs? I like to the think I am very adept at pattern recognition and I will "get" this soon enough, I just hope I don't frustrate everyone with my questions before that light bulb turns on.

Cheers,

Keith
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 10:21:52 AM »

No need to build a pattern recognition script, there are a few already written. PRJ's is good and outputs a VERY complete XDF. You just need to run it against a well defined bin.

EDIT: Found it (prj's map locator)

https://github.com/prj/me7-tools/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:25:48 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
keithwbloom

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 10:34:30 AM »

You just need to run it against a well defined bin.

What constitutes a well-defined bin?
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:15 AM »

One in which all the variables you are looking for are already defined.

The m-box is pretty common, I'd try running that against yours. Download an m-box bin, and the m-box auto generated xdf and give it a shot.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
keithwbloom

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 10:47:27 AM »

One in which all the variables you are looking for are already defined.

The m-box is pretty common, I'd try running that against yours. Download an m-box bin, and the m-box auto generated xdf and give it a shot.

PRJ ME7-tools... it looks like I compile this in Java, is that correct?

I am getting tingly that I am making progress. Thanks for your help, I will indeed post my completed XDF when I am successful. And I have a slew of other ECUs on my bench I can define too for practice if it is not too difficult.

M-box? (nevermind, found the explanation in S4wiki) Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:51:33 AM by keithwbloom » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 10:54:42 AM »

Sorry, the nomenclature used here is as follows:

When referring to a letter-box, you should assume we're referring to an rs/s4 ecu. IE 8D0907551M.

Attached is the auto generated m-box, as well as an m-box bin.

Shoot me an email.

ddillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: