Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another quick (dumb) question ME7 logger  (Read 5584 times)
cmeflibi

« on: February 08, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »

Noob question. I have everything working, or so I think, but after I log everything how do I save the log to come back to it later?  Sorry if this is dumb, but couldn't find it with searching.

Thanks in advance guys
cmeflibi

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »

uhhhhh, ya.  I'm sorry about the brain fart guys.  For some reason I was thinking I needed to do some type of command or do something within the program for the logger.  Finally dawned on me to right click and copy paste it over to note pad.  Now I just need to figure out what all these damn numbers mean lol...guess I found my next project
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »

ECUxPlot in my sig

notepad is useless, dont use it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cmeflibi

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »

ya I DL'd that on my main computer (all my stuff is mac), but not on my little windows net book I use for all this type of stuff.  Cant decide if I wanna run boot camp on my mac laptop.  have it running on my desk top, but thats useless if I need to log.  Guess I'll come on here with my net book and use that for in car stuff, and my mac desktop for bench tuning etc.  Is there anything I need to know about ECUx plot, or is it pretty self explanatory.  Haven't even opened it yet.  Do you just have to copy paste it over into ECUx?  Also, shouldn't I be running a GUI on my ME7 logger.  Would that make things a little easier for me so I'm not using the command prompt?
AARDQ

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »

GUI here http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1079.0  Indeed, makes logging much safer on the road.

I don't remember if there's an option to log to screen, but if that's what's happening, reconfigure to save to file.  Logs can be (are?) saved automatically in .csv format to the logs sub directory.  Select the .csv from the EcuxPlot File>Open File .  You'll want to trim the data in the .csv to be opened to just the data range you want to look at.
cmeflibi

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:51:40 PM »

lol thanks.  I'll get the GUI all set up.  Ya, i was drivin looking at the CMD Prompt just rolling 1000's of numbers.  Felt like I was in the Matrix.

I'm downloading the ECUxPlot on my net book after I finish typing this.  What I'm going to do is make a nice write up from a complete noob prospective that way other people aren't so discouraged and we can get more people into this.  Lets just hope I do end up figuring everything out TO make a how-to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: