Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Adjust KFLDIMX vs load for increasing boost  (Read 31969 times)
savages4

« on: February 18, 2013, 12:54:40 AM »

I was curious why you can't just adjust KFLDIMX over increasing LDRXN and KFMIRL for increasing boost via load.  Is it that request boost will be way off from actual boost?  Just curious because I have franken and they make boost very easy, seems i could reach true stage 3 levels easily off just KFLDIMX..
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:22:37 AM by savages4 » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:48:49 AM »

Are you trolling?

If not, please read about how boost control works in this ECU. KFLDIMX is I limit for the PID, and it should always contain the WGDC to reach the boost defined in the column.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »

I'd read up on PIDs first, THEN read through the FR section describing the boost PID Smiley

IMO it is impossible to tune proper boost control on ME7 w/o a decent understanding of PIDs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
savages4

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:30:43 PM »

I've been messing around with the PID for a while and I can change the amount of boost my car is producing just by tweaking KFLDIMX that is why I asked.  My turbos easily make 17-18 psi at with load set at 172 peak and 1000 mbar column set around 52.. seems like alot of head room just tweaking the waste gate duty cycle.. Sorry not trolling just asking questions to get a better understanding.  I get that you are setting how much duty cycle is needed to make 1000 mbar, so I guess it is stupid to fool the computer into making more boost then it thinks it's making.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 12:39:19 PM by savages4 » Logged
AARDQ

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »

I've been messing around with the PID for a while and I can change the amount of boost my car is producing just by tweaking KFLDIMX that is why I asked.  My turbos easily make 17-18 psi at with load set at 172 peak and 1000 mbar column set around 52.. seems like alot of head room just tweaking the waste gate duty cycle.. Sorry not trolling just asking questions to get a better understanding.

That's just not how it works.  Using DIMX with the intention of altering boost basically means that you're not in control.  Use the proper map to set desired boost (LDRXN, capped as appropriate by KFLDHBN etc.) and then tune the PID (including DIMX as necessary) so actual matches desired.  DIMX is used to tune behavior, not to drive it as a primary element.  From your comments it does seem like maybe the change you made to DIMX was coincidentally a necessary one, but it's really a very good thing to understand why.

Who set the 1,000 MBar point to <95 (or whatever it is stock) to begin with?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »

I've been messing around with the PID for a while

Really, stop doing this experimentally; you REALLY should learn how PIDs work before proceeding.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
savages4

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »

I do have a basic understanding, I'm not changing values radically I'm making slight adjustments to my tune over the past year and I feel I have the car dialed in pretty well.  I mean you can only learn so much from reading the 3 sentence descriptions in the wiki, the many threads in the forums and comparing different files have given me some understanding.  Your base file for the china turbos has been a great start for my PID nyet.
catbed

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 01:17:01 PM »

I do have a basic understanding, I'm not changing values radically I'm making slight adjustments to my tune over the past year and I feel I have the car dialed in pretty well. I mean you can only learn so much from reading the 3 sentence descriptions in the wiki, the many threads in the forums and comparing different files have given me some understanding.  Your base file for the china turbos has been a great start for my PID nyet.

That's not the only information on PIDs. You know PIDs are not specific to ME7, correct?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:20:29 PM by catbed » Logged
s5fourdoor

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »

man, you gotta be real careful...  seriously, this is a sophisticated concept and its very precise.  nobody here is trying to talk down to you, but you really gotta read and understand this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

nobody wants anyone to break shit...  we're all on the same page here.
savages4

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »

I'm not trying to break anything, if I would of left my car on the stage 1 giac tune that it had when I first installed my frankens I would of broken something already considering the wgdc's  are set way to high and the thing would just overboost all the time.  I have it controlled at a peak of 16 psi on stock injectors, and conservative timing, I'm really happy with what knowledge I have gained and understanding I have gained from this forum and the wiki.  I understand it was a stupid question and I have a lot to learn but I do have a general idea for what most the maps in the PID do.  The reason I asked was it seems load numbers, are just numbers, so my logic was instead of having to change all the load axis's, rescale kfmirl etc it would be easier to just leave them as is and increase the amount of boost generated at the peak load.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:39:02 PM by savages4 » Logged
savages4

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »

Here's another nub question, why does the KFLDIMX map only go up to 1000 mbar, do we not have control of the duty cycles beyond this?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »

I believe that axis is lde...

ECUx Plot

AARDQ

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »

I do have a basic understanding, I'm not changing values radically I'm making slight adjustments to my tune over the past year and I feel I have the car dialed in pretty well.  I mean you can only learn so much from reading the 3 sentence descriptions in the wiki, the many threads in the forums and comparing different files have given me some understanding.  Your base file for the china turbos has been a great start for my PID nyet.

The patent is really good at explaining everything.  http://www.google.com/patents/US6918250?printsec=claims#v=onepage&q&f=false
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:33:42 PM by AARDQ » Logged
savages4

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 02:31:51 PM »

Thanks I'll start reading, just ordered EV14's so the more knowledge I can get the better before those get here Smiley  I'm sure I'll start another annoying thread with logs and trying to figure out my new tune once installed.  Thanks for the help as usual everyone.  Oh and nyet sorry what does lde mean? Are you referring to a table to change that axis?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »

the input to that map's axis is lde (ld error)

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: