Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 551C box questions  (Read 6063 times)
adeyspec

« on: March 02, 2013, 01:34:30 AM »

just a few questions for my sanity. looking at a map that was pro done on my Cbox euro and a few things look odd to me.

now im very new so these might be silly questions

Shouldnt TABGSS & TABGSS2 be the same values, if one was maxed surely it wouldnt read anything? one is on 979 and the other is on 1229?

also looking at lots of maps focusing just on the LDRXN all i have seen seem to ramp up then back down, looks like its to deal with the flow limitations of the turbos. mine ramps up massively from 375 to 609 by 2250rpm then from 104 to 201. would this be to try and keep it boosting hard early on then level out?

KFDLULS has been maxed across the board, its a safety feature but wiki seems to point towards the easy way of doing it is to flat line it at the max value. Is it purely for over boost protection?

thanks to those who take the time to help me out
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:14:29 AM by adeyspec » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »

Post a screenshot of the maps in question. Are you saying you're requested load is 600+?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
adeyspec

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 11:19:54 AM »

uh. that is very very wrong.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Gonzo

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 11:24:29 AM »

Grin
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »

This is why you throw away all changes, go back to stock, and only make the ones you understand.

Its annoying that nobody seems to listen.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adeyspec

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »

This is why you throw away all changes, go back to stock, and only make the ones you understand.

Its annoying that nobody seems to listen.

what im trying to do is see changes that people have made and where to understand what they do. as im very new im looking and asking why something like that would of been done, as in theory to me i wouldnt do it like that. this is part of my learning process

plus i dont have a stock 551c map
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:04:37 PM by adeyspec » Logged
adeyspec

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »

now bear in mind i am new to this, the boost when logged on the car follows more to what LDRXNZK is saying, is it possible its been done backwards somehow or its knocking its titas off and reverting to LDRXNZD? LDRXNZK looks more to how id do it myself if i was to start doing my own. again this is still theory for me at the moment but input is greatly apreciated. if i am thinking along the wrong lines please point it out rather than add sarcasm

erroob0977

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 12:57:02 PM »

It looks like you have the wrong address for LDRXN, considering the last 10 cells of LDRXN are equal to the first 10 lines of LDRXNZK. Change the LDRXN address so it starts at what is now the 2500 rpm column and see if that looks better.

Your tuner could have moved things around or the xdf might just be incorrect. As nyet has said though, if you are planning on making changes - you'll be much better off starting from scratch.

2004 A6 2.7T 6MT: Built motor with SRM RS6/K24s on E85
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »

The changes most people make are bad. Simple as that. Looking at other peoples changes is pointless unless you understand why they were made. How can you learn if you can't recognize good from bad?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: