Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Idea how to stop kfzwop ignition angle / torque interventions  (Read 13118 times)
littco

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »

I made a similar post about cwmdapp about 6-8 months ago and got the same response. Not to be beaten I spent a lot of time try to get the car to run half decently and whilst it ran ok the idle was always bad and tbh the amount of effort it took just wasn't worth it! You are much better off running cwarmd=0 and running from there if you want to limit torque intervention also look at monitoring maps. I can see where you're coming from but have to agree I think it's wasted effort. How ever just because someone says dont do it shouldn't mean you give up!
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »

I think that if you want to disable the TQ monitoring part of the ECU, you might as well just go stand alone. 

And I do see the appeal of no TQ monitoring, personally I think it does hold back the car in some situations (I'm still convinced it did in my car)...

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »

I think that if you want to disable the TQ monitoring part of the ECU, you might as well just go stand alone. 

And I do see the appeal of no TQ monitoring, personally I think it does hold back the car in some situations (I'm still convinced it did in my car)...

In my experience, the only problematic source (during WOT) is ARMD, which is easily numbed (and doesn't need to be disabled). For part throttle, torque monitoring is a *good* thing.

I welcome logs that show otherwise Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »

I might change my mind once someone has a fast stock ECU S4... If I see one that comes even close to matching Gurumans best runs with a comparable setup then I might tend to believe that ME7 is not holding back the car(s) Smiley

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
phila_dot

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »

Just like everything else, it can be tuned to operate as you wish. Torque intervention is easily visible as well.

Fast path - zwist == zwsol
Slow path - manifests as limited desired load, more difficult to indentify but if rlsol_w follows rlmax_w then intervention definitely isn't an issue
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »

I know what you and Nye are saying... and maybe it isn't the TQ monitoring in the ECU but proof is in the pudding... there are no fast stock ECU S4's from what I can see.

phila_dot

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »

I know what you and Nye are saying... and maybe it isn't the TQ monitoring in the ECU but proof is in the pudding... there are no fast stock ECU S4's from what I can see.

I don't blame ME7
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: