Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wideband 2.7t development...  (Read 4775 times)
jibberjive

« on: April 04, 2013, 02:03:27 AM »

So I am getting a bench flashing setup pretty soon, and then I am going to make the switch over to the RS4 K-box from my current M-box (my reasons being: 16 bit load axes, immobilizer, better base values to start out with that correspond better to my hardware (2.8 cams, big port heads), better base boost PID values than the K03 values in the m-box, RS4 NWS values that better correspond to my cams, ecu configurable output intended to go to the airbox flap that can be repurposed for something else (meth, nitrous, second fuel pump, etc.)).

In the forum discussions I keep seeing insinuations of private talk and off-forum R&D relating to a possible wideband fueling application for the 2.7t. Before I make the switch over to the K-box and put effort into attempting to apply the 5120 hack etc. to the K-box, I'd love to know if there's any validity to those insinuations, as I'd hate to spend time switching to the K-box only to switch to something else a month down the road.

If anyone is working on this (with intentions of later releasing it publicly), please let me know Smiley  You can shoot me a PM if you don't want to post here publicly quite yet.

Thanks!
phila_dot

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:44:45 AM »

Wideband fueling?

Not gonna happen.

For datalogging purposes...yup.
jibberjive

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »

Wideband fueling?

Not gonna happen.

For datalogging purposes...yup.
I don't expect it to happen after seeing how difficult it would be, but I saw people alluding to them working on making it happen in private, with an intent to release it publicly later.  So I thought I'd make this thread to see if that's really going to happen before I invest a bunch of time going a different direction.
britishturbo

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:51:38 AM »

I'd be willing to help work on it... but I don't know that it exists in an M-Box yet...
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 07:07:02 AM »

I have a wideband ME7.1.1 out of a 2009 beetle 2.5 if that helps anything. I bought it specifically to dissect.

Let me know if anyone needs any data. I'm doubtful any 7.1's came with factory wideband, but 7.1.1 definitely did and isn't much of a stretch to move on to.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 08:08:46 AM »

There is no ME7.1.1 with wideband and turbo control for 6 cyl.
You can have wideband, but then it's for a N/A application.

Forget it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: