Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 16985/P0601/001537 - Internal Control Module: Memory Check Sum Error  (Read 15485 times)
99pwr

In the last month I have modified one 1.8T car. It is not first, I have alot of this modified cars. But now I have one big problem: after several start-stop cycles the engine don't start and P0601 - Internal Control Module: Memory Check Sum Error appear. I changed both MPC, EEPROM (with immo off) and FLASH content from other ecu but same problem: after some time the car don't start. I will try with other ECU but I want to know where is the problem? In attach is original eeprom and eeprom wich I've read from the ecu that does not start.
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

In the last month I have modified one 1.8T car. It is not first, I have alot of this modified cars. But now I have one big problem: after several start-stop cycles the engine don't start and P0601 - Internal Control Module: Memory Check Sum Error appear. I changed both MPC, EEPROM (with immo off) and FLASH content from other ecu but same problem: after some time the car don't start. I will try with other ECU but I want to know where is the problem? In attach is original eeprom and eeprom wich I've read from the ecu that does not start.

post your ecu .bin's i believe you may be missing a checksum
IamwhoIam

you've changed MPC on an ME7 ECU, interesting....

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

you've changed MPC on an ME7 ECU, interesting....
MPC ?
99pwr

Microprocessor content.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:17:10 AM by 99pwr » Logged
IamwhoIam

Please explain to some stupid people how you change microprocessor contents on an ME7 ECU.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
99pwr

Trasdata can read and write ALL ECU FILES:micro, eeprom and flash. I have written other micro file from another ME7 ecu. Untill now, all ME7 microprocessors files that I have seen are identical.
And sorry for my poor English!
prj

ME7 microprocessor is read-only. It is only possible to write it once from factory.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
99pwr

ME7 microprocessor is read-only. It is only possible to write it once from factory.

In this case, Dimsport is lying???
Axis

In this case, Dimsport is lying???
How about you tell us what you changed in MPC and if you have checked that the change is persistent.
99pwr

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 10:57:45 AM »

So far I have not changed anything, I just wrote another microprocessor ECU content. But tomorrow, I will try to change something and I will write, I'm curious if trasdata can write not only can read.
prj

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »

So far I have not changed anything, I just wrote another microprocessor ECU content. But tomorrow, I will try to change something and I will write, I'm curious if trasdata can write not only can read.

Of course it can't write. The data sheet of the microprocessor states, one time programmable. It's not possible to erase the data or write it...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
99pwr

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »

Here is what Trasdata has read from microprocessor:
Brumbassen

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 03:34:57 AM »

Here is what Trasdata has read from microprocessor:

is this the only way to read this processor ??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: